so what are y'all listening to while you read n type?

Get to know the forumites, come and say Hello. Chat music, books, tv or games.
thesavageintruder
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by thesavageintruder »

Mention of the Bond scores made me wonder if any really, really sick individuals out there are listening to the NEVER SAY NEVER AGAIN soundtrack...? Shudder! I'm listening to Within Temptation and looking forward to their next CD.
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

thesavageintruder wrote:Mention of the Bond scores made me wonder if any really, really sick individuals out there are listening to the NEVER SAY NEVER AGAIN soundtrack...? Shudder!
I do occasionally, but it's pretty terrible AND it's missing the best cue - the horseback escape from the North African fortress towards the end.

Incidentally, some enterprising chap has managed to get hold of a copy of NSNA without a music track - just dialogue and effects - and has replaced almost the entire score with music from every other Bond score. The only NSNA track that survived, I think, is the tango. There's a gunbarrel opening, and the title sequence has been redone by cropping and zooming on the original Thunderball credits and layering an unrelated Shirley Bassey song over it. It works much more as a Bond film with the Barry sound than with Michel Legrand's strange Gallic jazz material, although it's a little disconcerting to hear an obvious title melody like The Man With The Golden Gun in there.

I believe they asked John Barry to score NSNA, but out of loyalty to Broccoli he turned it down.
http://streetrw.blogspot.com - For all your occasional film rambling needs.
http://twitter.com/streetrw - For when you really need to know what I had for breakfast.

AND NOW: SKYPE!
trixybella
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by trixybella »

Resurrecting this one briefly as I've just bought the new Mark Ronson album, Version, and for someone with a love affair for saxophones and reworkings of songs I didn't really like in the first place its amazing!

Even Lily Allen does a decent rendition, and I never thought I'd put Lily Allen and decent in a sentence with musical context!
Have you heard of my friends capital letter and comma?

No? Well perhaps you should try them sometime... correct usage will do wonders for your social life.
Sarah of the Dead
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Sarah of the Dead »

Today, mostly The Dismemberment Plan, and Zombina and the Skeletones.
[size=75][url=http://sarahhatesyourmovie.blogspot.com]Sarah Hates Your Movie[/url][/size]
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

Current CD: THE INCREDIBLES (Michael Giacchino). Mainly notable for an absolutely astonishing end title track, "The Incredits": seven and a half minutes of big-band.

I've ordered the score albums to ZODIAC and SNAKES ON A PLANE but they haven't shown up yet. The sterling-dolar rate is very good for picking up CDs from America right now.
Payne
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Payne »

Right now I'm listening to the album "Monotheist" by Celtic frost
lupogirl
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by lupogirl »

Footapping to Buffy - Vampire Slayer"The Musical" soundtrack. Just can't beat Spike singing!!!
"We Who Walk Here Walk Alone"
soulmining
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by soulmining »

Currently working my way through a haul of very cheap singles and albums I bought at last weekend's record fair in Brighton...

Albums from Depeche Mode, Aimee Mann, Mashed (the mash-up mix album - was only 50p), Viva Voce and (ahem) All Saints.

Singles from Chungking, Gossip, The Sounds, Midlake, Feist, Calvin Harris, Sidecar Kisses, Kate Nash, Mark Ronson and Howling Bells.
First things first, stay calm.
DevilsKebab
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by DevilsKebab »

At the moment I'm listening to Termination Bliss by Deathstars...
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

I highly recommend you all listen to a bit of Fishbone.
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey
Bearded Avenger
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Bearded Avenger »

Currently the Valkyrians over and over again. Finnish ska - it's the first ska album I've bought for years and it's fantastic. Traditional ska, with a bit of two-tone, played by Helsinki mods and red skins.

The Wild Eyes - mad post-punk from South Africa.

Regina - synth pop from Finland.

Token Entry - 80's hardcore band.
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK (John Williams). The early stuff in South America is great.
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

SE7EN, by Howard Shore. Unbelievably bleak and depressing, even by Shore's standards.

(This album is not available in the shops.) :)
Sarah of the Dead
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Sarah of the Dead »

Fall Out Boy, right now.
[size=75][url=http://sarahhatesyourmovie.blogspot.com]Sarah Hates Your Movie[/url][/size]
Bearded Avenger
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Bearded Avenger »

Right now? Well, I'm currently at work so it would just be the little voice whispering, "Kill, Kill, Kill. Kill them all!"