so what are y'all listening to while you read n type?

Get to know the forumites, come and say Hello. Chat music, books, tv or games.
Sarah of the Dead
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Sarah of the Dead »

... Yeah, this is a really bad idea. I just watched Jake and Tiffany break up. And now I'm going to watch ... something involving characters I can't actually remember.

That set could not look more fake.

And I was listening to Fall Out Boy before all this insanity started.
[size=75][url=http://sarahhatesyourmovie.blogspot.com]Sarah Hates Your Movie[/url][/size]
Matt
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Matt »

I like the idea of remaking the California Dreams with Fall Out Boy as the band members. Obviously you'd need some female band members and preferably the monkey's from their last but one video.

Perhaps you could get a sh*tter band to play 'Zach Attack' from Saved By The Bell and do a battle of the bands.
www.Myspace.com/Filthybastards - With a new blog about horror actors.

www.myspace.com/MattEdwards - Featuring a shiny new blog with some amazing facts.
VictorCrowley
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by VictorCrowley »

Why do I recognise that 'California Dreams' (theme tune?) when I'm positive I've never watched anything called California Dreams?

Lately, I've been listening to How to Save a Life (The Fray) almost on a loop. Ah, sad songs about a loved one addicted to drugs. Does it for me every time.
jimbo
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by jimbo »

Wow, that was a horrendous show, used to watch it when I was on the dole in Dublin and had two RTE channels - during the day, that was pretty much the only thing on. I had nothing else to do. I hated it, hated the messages crowbarred into every episode. But it was hilarious - the tiny blonde getting "roid rage" when she's hooked on steroids, and "beating up" a bigger bloke. The biker dude getting IMMEDIATELY hooked on cigarettes after taking one drag, then going from there to carrying around a carton of 200, begging his friends to help him kick the habit. I think his mentor guy who got him hooked ended up with lung cancer, it was so black and white...
trixybella
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by trixybella »

I was always a Jake girl, I LOVED this show, it was always on when I got in from school, right up there with Sweet Valley High in the tacky American teen stakes.

On a different note, I've currently been listening to Dashboard Confessional and Damien Rice, it's the northern air chilling me out.... either that or making me miserable.emo :( I need rescuing
Have you heard of my friends capital letter and comma?

No? Well perhaps you should try them sometime... correct usage will do wonders for your social life.
Team Banzai
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Team Banzai »

this ones for phil.

bang bang machine - geek love - full length version!!

kahimi karie - good morning world

my bloody valentine - here knows when

unnovations - cashpoint master / fox chunks in paupers tears (barely seen brooker genius!)

( all on youtube)
soulmining
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by soulmining »

Fox chunks in paupers tears? This is not just food, this is M&S food...

Hadn't heard of Kahimi Karie, very kitsch sounding...

And you can't beat a bit of shoe-gazing, I was listening to that MBV album earlier this week!

Cheers mate! :D
First things first, stay calm.
Team Banzai
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Team Banzai »

yup love the mbv lps

yeah the kahimie is cool but i prefer the version by the writer of the song momus - a very odd chap

more brooker required NOW

owzabout bbm?
Russell
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Russell »

soulmining wrote:And you can't beat a bit of shoe-gazing, I was listening to that MBV album earlier this week!
Ooh, if that's the case, check out a French band called Alcest. Used to play black metal, but just released a debut full length, with some of the best shoegaze since the early '90s!

http://www.myspace.com/alcestmusic

Pretty unusual transformation for such a band... Anyway, this week I have mostly been listening to:
While Heaven Wept - Sorrow Of The Angels
Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells III
Punto Omega - Punto Omega
Ulver - Shadows Of The Sun
Ephel Duath - Phormula

It's been a good week :D
Muffy St. John
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Muffy St. John »

Right now I'm listening to Bette Midler... I'm gonna get beat up aren't I??
Am going to Vegas next year to see her perform at Caesers Palace :D
Matt
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Matt »

jimbo wrote:Wow, that was a horrendous show, used to watch it when I was on the dole ...
That's how all my Lizzie McGuire stories start. The dole is a special time in any young mans life...

After clearing my head of the California Dreams theme song I was troubled the next morning by another TV theme of my youth. This one I have seen recently and so I wasn't as surprised to wake up humming the theme tune to Ducktales (life IS like a hurricane here in Duckburg, the cartoon was right!).

After Thursdays excellent new episode of Scrubs featured the song 'Miracle' I was prompted to revisit the acoustic half of the last proper Foo Fighters album. I've also been trying really hard with the new Ryan Adams album (but I'm still not getting on that well with it). Not blown away by those two, I've fallen back on the ever dependable 'Up The Bracket' by the Libertines.
www.Myspace.com/Filthybastards - With a new blog about horror actors.

www.myspace.com/MattEdwards - Featuring a shiny new blog with some amazing facts.
Sarah of the Dead
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Sarah of the Dead »

jimbo wrote:The biker dude getting IMMEDIATELY hooked on cigarettes after taking one drag, then going from there to carrying around a carton of 200, begging his friends to help him kick the habit. I think his mentor guy who got him hooked ended up with lung cancer, it was so black and white...
Was it California Dreams or Saved By The Bell where they were smoking cigars because they thought you couldn't get addicted to those? Oh dear.
[size=75][url=http://sarahhatesyourmovie.blogspot.com]Sarah Hates Your Movie[/url][/size]
VictorCrowley
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by VictorCrowley »

Oooh, was California Deams a spin off of Saved by the Bell? Or just the same kind of after-school 'annnnd the moral of the story is-' yack?

Because for after school 'annnnd the moral of the story is-' yack, I preferred Degrassi Junior High (probably showing a bit of age there). Those kids, from memory, were wild! Not like the homogenised disney channel fare (all of whch I am au fait with thanks to a young teen daughter. I'm proud of her though - she actually said to me the other day 'all these plots are the same, just with different characters' Hurrah, she'll not fall foul to a Hannah Montana addiction! Unless recognition of the crapness isn't enough to save you from the crapness...? Time will tell) of today.

But back on topic. On a Rufus Wainwright kick both on the laptop as I type or in the DVD (live at Filimore). Again, still kinda angsty. I'm too old for angsty and too old for emo; this is my substitute - a talented gay boy from montreal singing about schoolgirl crushes. The mind just has to boggle.
Bearded Avenger
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Degrassi

Post by Bearded Avenger »

Degrassi Junior High (was it known as Street in the UK?) was a vague, but happy memory from my childhood, so I bought the 'Jay & Silent Bob Do Degrassi' DVD. The 3/4 episodes of Degrassi the Next Generation which Kevin Smith directed (actually directed 2 more at a later stage, but these aren't on the DVD). Happy to report that it was all good stuff - in fact my FF buddy is now on the lookout for more Degrassi TNG DVD's. The freaky thing was seeing the return of some characters 20 years later played by the same actors.
Muffy St. John
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Muffy St. John »

Bearded Avenger. Degrassi was a huge part of my growing up!! It's where I learnt all about drugs, alcohol and sex... and how to do them!
I have some Degassi at the moment from Lovefilm.com.... oh the memories!!!