Oh my god! Run, it's the Sequels!!!

Chat here about anything horror related. Be it movies, news, remakes or events.
lupogirl
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Oh my god! Run, it's the Sequels!!!

Post by lupogirl »

A mate has passed on another list of sequels(and comments) to come:

The Brazilian Job: the follow up to Paramount’s US remake of The Italian Job is still on the cards, and it’s got a 2009 release date marked. Jason Statham, Mos Def, Mark Wahlberg and Charlize Theron are attached, as is director F Gary Gray.

I, Robot 2: All we know on this one is that it’s in the scripting stages still, with a potential 2010 release date planned in. No news on Mr Smith's involvement.

I Am Legend 2: Warner’s huge Christmas 2007 hit could also have a follow up, although it’d be interesting to see if Will Smith returned to it. A 2010 release date is also being mooted for this one.

Beverly Hills Cop 4: If Die Hard can still do it at the box office, why can’t Axel Foley? Er, because the third BHC movie was crap, and a flop. Still, it’s not stopped development work going ahead on number four. No further news than that, though.

National Treasure 3: Not a huge surprise, but as the Nic Cage Indiana Jones knock off franchise has proved to be quite a juggernaut, you’ll only have to wait until 2011 for the third film in the series.

Cars 2: We spotted this on AintItCool – is Pixar really looking to make a sequel to its weakest film? Apparently so…

Toy Story 3: This one, after lots of umming and ahhing, appears to be a goer. It won’t, as was speculated, be a straight-to-DVD affair, and Tom Hanks and Tim Allen are both expected back on voicing duties. It’ll be out in 2010.

Jeepers Creepers 3: MGM is running the rule over a potential third instalment in the horror franchise, with director Victor Salva still attached. Hmmm.

Shrek 5: The fourth film was a no-brainer after the tepid third outing made so much cash. But a fifth instalment has also been confirmed. No wonder Shrek is the same colour as an American dollar…

Night at the Museum 2: Ben Stiller is returning for his most commercially successful role outside of the Meet the Parents franchise. We can wait. No news on the proposed Meet The Little Focker, though.

Crank 2: High Voltage: This is more like it. Crank is a guilty pleasure right up there with Snakes on a Plane, and it’s coming back for more. Shooting starts next month, for a 2009 release, and Jason Statham returns as Chev Chelios. As he should.

Transporter 3: Statham again. He’s making this too, and it’s in pre-production. Presumably, he’ll go from Crank 2 straight onto this.

Super Troopers 2: A sequel nobody asked for! Hurray! Expect it in 2010, as it’s in the early writing stages still, we believe.

Silent Hill 2: Sony is looking at a follow up to the crap-but-popular video game adaptation. 2010 is the current slated release date.

The Descent 2: We understand that Neil Marshall won’t be directed this one, which has the, er, working title of The De2cent. He’s attached as Executive Producer, with Jon Harris stepping behind the camera (he edited the first film, as well as the more recent Stardust).

The Grudge 3: Yup, it’s in pre-production now, for release next year. That’ll likely be the scariest thing about it.

Ice Age 3: 1st July 2009. That’s the date you’ll need to avoid if you want to miss the next Ice Age movie. Hopefully it’ll be better than the second one…

Ghost Rider 2: A surprise hit last year, Marvel is developing a follow-up to the Nic Cage comic book flick, and tentatively has 2009 marked for release. No director is thus far attached.

The Untouchables: Capone Rising: A prequel to Brian De Palma’s cracking prohibition thriller of, er, twenty years ago. De Palma is back behind the camera, and the project is in the pre-production stages now.

The Thomas Crown Affair 2:Weird, this. It’s taken them ages to do a sequel, and then they draft in Paul Verhoeven to direct a follow-up to someone else’s film. Pierce Brosnan returns, and filming starts shortly.

The People Under The Stairs 2: No sign of any Wes Craven involvement, though, and release may even be this year. Hmmm. We'd wager DVD will be its home.

The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor: Er, that’s what they’ve called The Mummy 3, which is out on 1st August. Brendan Fraser and Jet Li star.

Punisher: War Zone: Ray Stevenson becomes the third person to play The Punisher on screen. You’ll be able to find out how he did on 12th September this year.

Starship Troopers 3: Marauder: Casper Van Diem is back, but it’s still going straight to DVD, as the piss-awful second film did. It’s due out later this year.

Pink Panther 2: Oh dear. And I’m a Steve Martin fan. It’s out on 13th February 2009.

Ace Ventura 3: No Jim Carrey though, and no chance of it seeing the inside of a cinema. Head to Blockbuster later in the year if you want to catch it.

War of the Worlds 2: The Next Wave: Another straight to DVD sequel, but this one’s of note because it’s directed by Soul Man/Hitcher star C Thomas Howell. Blimey.

Jurassic Park 4: It’s taken them ages to sort this out, but the latest is that Laura Dern is still attached, and that it’ll be released in 2009. Don’t hold your breath though, as shooting would need to start really very soon...

Scary Movie 5/Saw 5: You could have guessed at these if you didn’t know about them already. Both should see the light before the end of the year. Sadly
"We Who Walk Here Walk Alone"
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

People Under The Stairs was a GREAT movie... used to scare me when it was on Sky Movies :D
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

Descent 2.... well, here's hoping for the best!
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

maxmum wrote:Descent 2.... well, here's hoping for the best!
:lol: *2 Hours later....... the movie is filmed in pitch black, all you hear is, the groans, grunts and screams of the survivor lady as she falls in a ditch...* :D
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Re: Oh my god! Run, it's the Sequels!!!

Post by Satans Puppy »

Is it wrong that I look forward to....
lupogirl wrote:The Brazilian Job: the follow up to Paramount’s US remake of The Italian Job is still on the cards, and it’s got a 2009 release date marked. Jason Statham, Mos Def, Mark Wahlberg and Charlize Theron are attached, as is director F Gary Gray.

I, Robot 2: All we know on this one is that it’s in the scripting stages still, with a potential 2010 release date planned in. No news on Mr Smith's involvement.

I Am Legend 2: Warner’s huge Christmas 2007 hit could also have a follow up, although it’d be interesting to see if Will Smith returned to it. A 2010 release date is also being mooted for this one.

Beverly Hills Cop 4: If Die Hard can still do it at the box office, why can’t Axel Foley? Er, because the third BHC movie was crap, and a flop. Still, it’s not stopped development work going ahead on number four. No further news than that, though.

National Treasure 3: Not a huge surprise, but as the Nic Cage Indiana Jones knock off franchise has proved to be quite a juggernaut, you’ll only have to wait until 2011 for the third film in the series.

Toy Story 3: This one, after lots of umming and ahhing, appears to be a goer. It won’t, as was speculated, be a straight-to-DVD affair, and Tom Hanks and Tim Allen are both expected back on voicing duties. It’ll be out in 2010.

Jeepers Creepers 3: MGM is running the rule over a potential third instalment in the horror franchise, with director Victor Salva still attached. Hmmm.

Crank 2: High Voltage: This is more like it. Crank is a guilty pleasure right up there with Snakes on a Plane, and it’s coming back for more. Shooting starts next month, for a 2009 release, and Jason Statham returns as Chev Chelios. As he should.

Transporter 3: Statham again. He’s making this too, and it’s in pre-production. Presumably, he’ll go from Crank 2 straight onto this.

Silent Hill 2: Sony is looking at a follow up to the crap-but-popular video game adaptation. 2010 is the current slated release date.

The Descent 2: We understand that Neil Marshall won’t be directed this one, which has the, er, working title of The De2cent. He’s attached as Executive Producer, with Jon Harris stepping behind the camera (he edited the first film, as well as the more recent Stardust).

The Grudge 3: Yup, it’s in pre-production now, for release next year. That’ll likely be the scariest thing about it.

The People Under The Stairs 2: No sign of any Wes Craven involvement, though, and release may even be this year. Hmmm. We'd wager DVD will be its home.

The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor: Er, that’s what they’ve called The Mummy 3, which is out on 1st August. Brendan Fraser and Jet Li star.

Punisher: War Zone: Ray Stevenson becomes the third person to play The Punisher on screen. You’ll be able to find out how he did on 12th September this year.

Starship Troopers 3: Marauder: Casper Van Diem is back, but it’s still going straight to DVD, as the piss-awful second film did. It’s due out later this year.

Jurassic Park 4: It’s taken them ages to sort this out, but the latest is that Laura Dern is still attached, and that it’ll be released in 2009. Don’t hold your breath though, as shooting would need to start really very soon...
Sooooooooo much to look forward to lol
JasonMyers
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by JasonMyers »

Yes but when are we going to get the only sequel the world needs...COMMANDO II?!
krispyg
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore
Location: Failsworth - it's midway between Oldham and Manchester

Post by krispyg »

Why not stop making sequels and create a new decent watchable film as opposed to a sequel or a bloody remake.
Sarah of the Dead
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Sarah of the Dead »

:shock:

This is from Den of Geek... very weird seeing it here out of context!
[size=75][url=http://sarahhatesyourmovie.blogspot.com]Sarah Hates Your Movie[/url][/size]
dangerous_jamie
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by dangerous_jamie »

lupogirl wrote: Beverly Hills Cop 4: If Die Hard can still do it at the box office, why can’t Axel Foley? Er, because the third BHC movie was crap, and a flop. Still, it’s not stopped development work going ahead on number four. No further news than that, though.

Super Troopers 2: A sequel nobody asked for! Hurray! Expect it in 2010, as it’s in the early writing stages still, we believe.
The only reason Beverly Hills Cop 3 sucks is because Eddie Murphy didn't want to be a wise-cracking bad-ass anymore, he wanted to be a straight-up action star like Denzel and Wesley. If you watch it, you can see the joke set-ups coming a mile away and our Axel F jumps out of the way...

Word on Jeepers Creepers 3 is that it will be set in The Old West (see From Dusk Til Dawn 3 for examples of how to do this wrong). Salva worries me, the Creep is clearly an extension of his urges picking off young girls etc. Shudder.

Crank 2 should be a clear cut riot, word on that is that it will follow directly from the events of the first, with Chev just getting up, dusting himself off and heading out for more revenge + massive boner antics.

Transporter 3 better be better than Transporter 2.

Super Troopers 2 shall be incredible. Super Troopers is my most frequently watched film at the moment, it constantly makes me laugh my tush off. Word on this is that the Broken Lizard boys will be playing their original characters papas in a bid to reinvigorate the same old plot and get as far away from Club Dread/Dukes Of Hazzard as possible.
Beauty is in the eye of the tiger.
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

I've an idea that it was in Dark Side many, MANY years ago that a competition was mooted to think up a story for a sequel to Prince Of Darkness, and the winner would actually get to work on writing the actual movie. Obviously the movie never happened, but it would have been interesting.
Reanimator
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Reanimator »

Julie Benz to topline Saw 5 - at least now a good reason to see it!

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/11733
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

dangerous_jamie wrote:
lupogirl wrote: Beverly Hills Cop 4: If Die Hard can still do it at the box office, why can’t Axel Foley? Er, because the third BHC movie was crap, and a flop. Still, it’s not stopped development work going ahead on number four. No further news than that, though.

The only reason Beverly Hills Cop 3 sucks is because Eddie Murphy didn't want to be a wise-cracking bad-ass anymore, he wanted to be a straight-up action star like Denzel and Wesley. If you watch it, you can see the joke set-ups coming a mile away and our Axel F jumps out of the way...

Word on Jeepers Creepers 3 is that it will be set in The Old West (see From Dusk Til Dawn 3 for examples of how to do this wrong). Salva worries me, the Creep is clearly an extension of his urges picking off young girls etc. Shudder.

Crank 2 should be a clear cut riot, word on that is that it will follow directly from the events of the first, with Chev just getting up, dusting himself off and heading out for more revenge + massive boner antics.

Transporter 3 better be better than Transporter 2.

Super Troopers 2 shall be incredible. Super Troopers is my most frequently watched film at the moment, it constantly makes me laugh my tush off. Word on this is that the Broken Lizard boys will be playing their original characters papas in a bid to reinvigorate the same old plot and get as far away from Club Dread/Dukes Of Hazzard as possible.

i dont think Victor Salva's taste is girls you only have to watch jeepers creepers 2 to see that
heres what wiki have to say

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victor_Salva
"Time To Nut Up Or Shut Up"
dangerous_jamie
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by dangerous_jamie »

This is true.

Freakin' perv.
Beauty is in the eye of the tiger.
Bearded Avenger
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Bearded Avenger »

dangerous_jamie wrote: Super Troopers 2 shall be incredible. Super Troopers is my most frequently watched film at the moment, it constantly makes me laugh my tush off. Word on this is that the Broken Lizard boys will be playing their original characters papas in a bid to reinvigorate the same old plot and get as far away from Club Dread/Dukes Of Hazzard as possible.
Wow, someone else who actually likes Broken Lizard!!! Personally I actually found Club Dread and Beerfest to be really funnny and put the negative reviews down to snobbery. Avoided Dukes of Hazard though.
Bearded Avenger
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Bearded Avenger »

Can add another sequal to the list....

The Descent 3

Apparently the casting session invites for part 2 include a stipulation that certain parts will require a two picture contract.

One part three I am looking forward to though is Feast 3, assuming Feast 2 is as good as the original.

Not forgetting the development hell of Phantasm 5 (or is going to be a new trilogy?) and the Bruce Campbell-less Bubba Nosferatu.