what dvds are we buying?

Get to know the forumites, come and say Hello. Chat music, books, tv or games.
krispyg
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore
Location: Failsworth - it's midway between Oldham and Manchester

Post by krispyg »

How does everyone have time to watch all these films, I know I struggle to make time. I have piles of tsuff at home to watch so i sort of go on a buying hiatus untill I have got through most of them
imajica
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by imajica »

krispyg wrote:How does everyone have time to watch all these films, I know I struggle to make time.
How does the average person supposedly find time to watch over 3 hours of tele a day? That I find much harder to imagine :shock:
When there is no more room in Hell, the dead can stay at mine.
soberdave72@hotmail.com
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by soberdave72@hotmail.com »

My copy of 'The Lost' has just arrived from amazon usa. Couldnt wait to see this again after being my favourite film of frightfest 06. Its as good as I remember and I think its uncut.

Going have fun showing this gem to all my friends whose idea of horror is freddy/Scream etc etc . They wont believe how hardcore nasty it is, but strangely amusing in places as well.

Thanks to frightfest for providing such great films. Had to miss last years event due to a friend's wedding, but looking forward to doing the whole thing for the first time this year (providing I can get a pass).
trixybella
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by trixybella »

I've bitten the bullet and pre-ordered my copy of The Living and the Dead. Still not sure if this is a wise move or not given its profound effect on me in 2006 but as it won't arrive until May I've got time to decide........ either way I know I'll watch it. I look forward to showing this to my friends in a similar way to people looking forward to sharing The Lost or Girl Next Door as this movie had the same effect on me as those did on many others
Have you heard of my friends capital letter and comma?

No? Well perhaps you should try them sometime... correct usage will do wonders for your social life.
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

krispyg wrote:How does everyone have time to watch all these films, I know I struggle to make time. I have piles of tsuff at home to watch so i sort of go on a buying hiatus untill I have got through most of them
Oh, same here. I've got dozens of discs unwatched (some purchased over a year ago and they're still untouched), plus three rentals at a time from LoveFilm and whatever I can get from Blockbuster. And I'm trying to fit in an Argento retrospective before Mother Of Tears and I'm still only up to Deep Red. Plus whatever interesting-looking movies might show up on TV (Watcher In The Woods is on on Saturday afternoon). That's before trying to fit in trips to the cinema (Sunday is booked for the Awake + One Missed Call + Never Back Down triple bill in either Northampton or Milton Keynes, depending on show times, and I still haven't revisited The Orphanage). And Dr Who starts up on Saturday as well. It's a good job I don't actually have a life. :) :(

I guess it's the same as signing up with Sky and getting access to 724 channels, maybe three of which will become regularly viewed.
Last edited by streetrw on Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

imajica wrote:
krispyg wrote:How does everyone have time to watch all these films, I know I struggle to make time.
How does the average person supposedly find time to watch over 3 hours of tele a day? That I find much harder to imagine :shock:
My question is, how does the average person find three hours of tele a day that doesn't suck? :D
http://streetrw.blogspot.com - For all your occasional film rambling needs.
http://twitter.com/streetrw - For when you really need to know what I had for breakfast.

AND NOW: SKYPE!
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

SKY+
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey
giles edwards
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by giles edwards »

Phil: keep a lookout for Opapatika in Thailand. It's the east's answer to Nightwatch -- nuts, but beautiful and very bloody.
[i]"Would you like to take a closer look ?"[/i]
dangerous_jamie
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by dangerous_jamie »

Not the horroriest of purchases today:

Empire Records: Spec Ed
Point Break
Bill Hicks: Sane Man
Audition: Spec Ed (Digipak style case too, nice.)
Mullholland Drive
Tron: 2 Disc
Office Space
City Of God
Sunshine
Collateral

All for the princely sum of £25.
Beauty is in the eye of the tiger.
krispyg
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by krispyg »

3 good sky channels???

Zone Horror
Film4
Sci Fi Channel
krispyg
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by krispyg »

imajica wrote:
I dunno if I dipped into a bit of news, Jeremy Kyle, Sky Sports News, the odd soap, cookery programmes, discovery programmes about how things are made, railways and rollercoasters etc soon add up
soulmining
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by soulmining »

Cheers for the tip, Giles... have seen Opapatika on the shelves here, alas as with the majority of Thai releases, the DVD has no English subs :(
First things first, stay calm.
giles edwards
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by giles edwards »

Believe me, the presence of Engligh subs made not an *iota* of difference in my understanding of it! Just like those early DVDs of pre-Fox-subtitled Nightwatch!

Hope you're having a wild time.
[i]"Would you like to take a closer look ?"[/i]
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

picked up 3000 miles to graceland and last man standing both region 1 old snap case editions.still better than the UK versions.
"Time To Nut Up Or Shut Up"
pauluspink
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by pauluspink »

Blu-Rays just received - No Country For Old Men, The Host, Pans Labyrinth, & 30 Days Of Night.

DVDS - Day of The Dead (2008) - movie was not all that but the effects were pleasing. The dvd cover has a 3D image of a zombie puking lolz.

Inside - Great french movie we saw back at the 'all nighter' last year - this is the USA Xtreme release 1 disc with only a 'making of' featurette. Nice slip case with shiny red foil embossed.

Childs Play
- Right this is a re-issue dvd that was released in February 2008. The 25th Anniversary Special Edition is to be released but no confirmed release date other than 1Q 2008. I browsed through Playusa.com and found the new childs play dvd and thought it was the new 25th anniversary edition. I was so wrong. The dvd turned up today and its the same MGM dvd released a while back but it is presented in a cool 3D slip case (much like the Day Of The Dead dvd) with an image of chucky in 3D. The features are the same, however it says theres a 'behind the scenes' booklet inside but when i opened the case theres nothing!! Not very happy about it so its probably going on ebay!