what dvds are we buying?

Get to know the forumites, come and say Hello. Chat music, books, tv or games.
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

Romero's Day of the Dead showed up the other day. Which probably means I'll get to view it sometime in October.
http://streetrw.blogspot.com - For all your occasional film rambling needs.
http://twitter.com/streetrw - For when you really need to know what I had for breakfast.

AND NOW: SKYPE!
AndyJWS
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by AndyJWS »

krispyg wrote:Storm Warning when it's released tomorrow!
Wonder if the Blu-Ray will have the same dodgy semi-region locking as Black Sheep (and the Dutch 1408) where despite it now supposedly being the age of HD/SD so TV formats no longer matter, the extras are deliberately in 576i PAL format so will only play on UK Blu-Ray players...

Damn Blu for winning this war with such consumer- and retailer-unfriendly practices *sigh*
"There is no Good, there is no Evil... There is only flesh..."
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

AndyJWS wrote:
krispyg wrote:Storm Warning when it's released tomorrow!
Wonder if the Blu-Ray will have the same dodgy semi-region locking as Black Sheep (and the Dutch 1408) where despite it now supposedly being the age of HD/SD so TV formats no longer matter, the extras are deliberately in 576i PAL format so will only play on UK Blu-Ray players...

Damn Blu for winning this war with such consumer- and retailer-unfriendly practices *sigh*
So the film isn't locked but the SD features are? Black sheep that is... US PS3 here... it's bloody annoying not being able to impulse buy in Zavvi or anythin....
AndyJWS
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by AndyJWS »

Yeah - found out literally within seconds of ordering from Sendit (over a fiver cheaper than any High St store and a good coupla quid less than rest of t'internet - would never buy from Zavvi now since their online arm decided to say my credit card details were invalid then proceed to take money from my account anyway!) so was both bought and cancelled in well under a minute!

And yeah, US PS3 here too - best-value way to do Blu IMO, especially since it's now Profile 2.0 and DTS HD-MA enabled :)
dangerous_jamie
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by dangerous_jamie »

I was away over the weekend, I came home to find:

Toxie's Blood Bank (Which contains 10 films they probably couldn't flog without the Toxie name attached, but what can I say... I'm a sucker for Troma)
The 10 films are:
Horror Of The Hungry Humongous Hungan
Beyond Evil
Evil Clutch
Nightmare Weekend (which cover art is wholeheartedly stolen from Nightmare On Elm Street)
Mommy's Epitaph
Play Dead
Death By Dialogue
Nightfall
Chillers
Scream Baby Scream
It also came in a sweet ass presentation tin with a blood-filled squishy eyeball adorning the front, a steal at just £16.

Also my copy of Malibu's Most Wanted (a fairly lame faux gangsta rap Jamie Kennedy vehicle, which I adore)

While I was away I picked up the two disc NOES as well as Fargo and Sicko.

Fruitful.
Beauty is in the eye of the tiger.
Melvin Junko
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Melvin Junko »

ooooh me want that!

I got the toxie's top ten box which is filled with crap but I've been watching too many 'good' movies lately, the punk in me is screaming for some low budget independent nonsence.
You can't do nothing right, Cooper! You stupid sonofabitch! You should have been destroyed at birth! That's what I get for teaming up with a hippie!
AndyJWS
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by AndyJWS »

Early reports that Storm Warning is indeed region locked, not sure whether it is just the extras or the feature too...
Bearded Avenger
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Bearded Avenger »

This morning - Mother of Tears.

Was going to order Welcome to the Jungle and Storm Warning as well, but ended up order the Nuggets Boxed Set instead (classic garage rock comps).
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

C.H.U.D arrived today 80s monster madness :D
"Time To Nut Up Or Shut Up"
dangerous_jamie
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by dangerous_jamie »

C.H.U.D. is brill!

Although the ROTLD fan in me prefers the sequel CHUD II: Bud The Chud. Mainly because it reeks of ROTLD, as it would being adapted from an early draft of the ROTLD III script.

My latest Troma job lot arrived including:

Surf Nazis Must Die (possibly my favourite Tromovie, and a replacement of my old worn out VHS.)
Igor And The Lunatics
Monster In The Closet
Cry Uncle
Beware! Children At Play
A Nymphoid Barbarian In Dinosaur Hell (which isn't nearly as provocative as the title suggests)

Not bad for £55, which is much higher than I would normally pay for DVDs but as I have mentioned before... I am a sucker for Troma.
Beauty is in the eye of the tiger.
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

Hopefully I shall be acquiring Mother Of Tears in the next few days (Play have it on sale for a tenner).
http://streetrw.blogspot.com - For all your occasional film rambling needs.
http://twitter.com/streetrw - For when you really need to know what I had for breakfast.

AND NOW: SKYPE!
moonkey34
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

New dvd

Post by moonkey34 »

Thanks too Ian at the Dario Argento event, as he gave me Dario Argento's The Card Player. Never seen it so quite happy to have it.
moonkey34
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by moonkey34 »

Yay. Just got the blaxploitation flick MEAN MOTHER on dvd. It may (or may not) be a classic but I love it.
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

30 days of night it comes with a mini graphic novel & 2 disc The Brood arrived.
"Time To Nut Up Or Shut Up"
krispyg
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore
Location: Failsworth - it's midway between Oldham and Manchester

Post by krispyg »

The Brood - that film freaked me out

Those angry kids.....