what dvds are we buying?

Get to know the forumites, come and say Hello. Chat music, books, tv or games.
Notts Pete
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Still Game

Post by Notts Pete »

Got to congratulate dangerous_jamie and trixybella on their excellent taste in comedy. I knew someone else must love this show - certainly can't convince any of my friends to get into it. "It's a bittersweet sitcom about a bunch of Glasgow pensioners" I tell them, and they just change the subject !!

Oh well, I suppose it can just be our little comedy secret, kinda like Steve Martin was when he'd only made The Jerk & Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid.

If you're after even more from Craiglang, have a scan on e-bay - last year I picked up a brilliant dvd of a live tour they did back in 1999. It's just Jack, Victor & Winston talking about the good old days but it had me howling all the way through (and even brought a lump to my throat at one point). Well worth checking out.
I bet you think you know all about vampires ... believe me, you know f@*& all.
rach
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by rach »

after an hour or so trying to get the subtitles on some downloaded japanese movies working( and failing) I just ordered the origional ones.

Killer P.ussy
the machine girl
meatball machine

should be a good night on the sofa with some beers!
Melvin Junko
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Melvin Junko »

oops that was me, rach has much better taste in stuff haha
You can't do nothing right, Cooper! You stupid sonofabitch! You should have been destroyed at birth! That's what I get for teaming up with a hippie!
arrangedletters
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by arrangedletters »

melvin you want to search for and download the k-lite codec pack just type it into google .

with it there's a program called direct vob. quite often the subtitles and even different audio tracks hardcoded into the files.. with direct vob you can access them :)

hope this helps. but either way if you like the films you should buy the dvds

:)
[img]http://www2.b3ta.com/host/creative/48648/1218304903/queenvicassshakemk2.gif[/img] My "trying to get a piece of short fiction published in People's Friend magazine" Blog!! www.arrangedletters.blogspot.com
Melvin Junko
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Melvin Junko »

cheers for that, i'll look in to it. I normally just buy dvd's i want yeah, but due to the purchase of a ps3, a wii and a new tattoo money's a bit tight so that's why I tried downloading em. Never knew that could be so frustrating though haha
You can't do nothing right, Cooper! You stupid sonofabitch! You should have been destroyed at birth! That's what I get for teaming up with a hippie!

Post by Guest »

picked up The Others in computer excange yesterday. looks interesting.
arrangedletters
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by arrangedletters »

hey guest have a spoiler

eric sykes is deaf
[img]http://www2.b3ta.com/host/creative/48648/1218304903/queenvicassshakemk2.gif[/img] My "trying to get a piece of short fiction published in People's Friend magazine" Blog!! www.arrangedletters.blogspot.com
Melvin Junko
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Melvin Junko »

weird that guest was me, and i was logged in when i posted that.

hope that spoiler isn't about the others :?
soulmining
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by soulmining »

My best friend is back working in our local secondhand DVD/CD shop so I came away with a bumper haul today, some new stuff and others just latest editions of films I already had...

28 Days Later
House Of Flying Daggers
The Fast And The Furious (Trilogy box set)
AVP
Highlander
District 13
The Ordeal (Calvaire)
The Devil's Rejects
Sympathy For Mr. Vengeance
A Scanner Darkly
Snakes On A Plane
Suspiria

These titles join an already long list of DVDs to watch:

The Boarding Gate (Asia Argento)
You Kill Me
Weirdsville
Modern Toss Series 1
Man To Man With Dean Learner
The Mist
Secret Diary Of A Call Girl
The Last Kiss
Babel
Alpha Dog
Hatchet
Good Luck Chuck
The Zombie Diaries
Shiri
The Living And The Dead
The Science Of Sleep
Perfume: The Story Of A Murderer

I think I'll need to take a week off work just to watch this lot!!
First things first, stay calm.
kimblebee
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by kimblebee »

RE: Soulmining

The Last Kiss is really good :-) If you liked Garden State (one of my fav films) then you'll enjoy this one!
soulmining
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by soulmining »

Yes, I saw The Last Kiss at the cinema so am looking forward to watching it again - some good tunes on the soundtrack too from what I remember. Ditto Garden State - I love that scene on the sofa when Zero 7's In The Waiting Line plays... :)
First things first, stay calm.
kimblebee
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by kimblebee »

Yeah that's where I first heard the Shins too - love them, they were amazing at Reading last year! Also love Frou Frou - the last song played when they are at the airport!! :D
Notts Pete
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Boarding Gate

Post by Notts Pete »

Re: Soulmining

Blimey, that's quite a mixed bag to keep you going for a week or so.

Let us know how you get on with Boarding Gate would you? I just rented that today and me and a friend gave up about 40 mins. into it.
I honestly can't remember the last time we actually switched a movie off but this one was a REAL STRUGGLE. I really like Asia but her performance here is not going to win over any of her critics. Even after a topless scene then a bit of kinky sado-masochistic stuff with a sleepwalking Michael Madsen we just couldn't be arsed to see where it was going & decided to give in and watch the last half hour of the Germany-Poland game - and neither of us really even like footie !!
Come back Fiva Across the Eyes, all is forgiven.

You've got a couple of corkers with Babel & Perfume though.
I bet you think you know all about vampires ... believe me, you know f@*& all.
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

Thats a haul of loot soulmining,would just add that Shiri is a top korean action flick.
Perfume is just a fabulous film,is it the 2disc you have?

Now onto my goodies
making its way to me is AVPR 2 disc won in a comp online
the japanese versions of Kill Bill vol 1 & 2 box set
a pile of 8 R1 R2 R3 doovdies
the punisher 2 disc
stealth 2disc
the cave
tomb raider 1 & 2
the yards
Xtreme Ops
the skulls
all new for 3.19 bargain :D
"Time To Nut Up Or Shut Up"
trixybella
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by trixybella »

My very very lovely friend who's out in the US at the moment has just bought the equal greatest (to my Hardy Show dvds) present ever!!

Wednesday 13's Weirdo A Go Go!!! My favourite rocker of the zombie stylee doing 50's B movie clips, skits and crazy PeeWee's Playhouse style stuff!

You can't buy it in this country despite it being out for 6 months now (I've waitied so long for this!) so I will be extremely happy come Saturday when I get to sit and FINALLY watch it!!! :D
Have you heard of my friends capital letter and comma?

No? Well perhaps you should try them sometime... correct usage will do wonders for your social life.