what dvds are we buying?

Get to know the forumites, come and say Hello. Chat music, books, tv or games.
Hello Doris!
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Hello Doris! »

Satans Puppy wrote:1408 on Booray and ummmm Jumper on Booray

I enjoyed The Invasion, just switch yer brain off and watch it... it's FINNNNNNE!
I managed 10 minutes of Jumper before wanting to take my own life.
If only we were amongst friends... or sane persons!
DavieT
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by DavieT »

Postal - unrated version :D
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

Funland
Moulin Rouge Spesh edish
Final fantasy advent children
Thanks for the ride, sir.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
valido
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by valido »

Angel Heart
Poltergeist
Creepshow

and...

INVASION U.S.A. 8) 8) 8) (£2.99)
Notts Pete
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Notts Pete »

valido wrote:Angel Heart
Poltergeist
Creepshow

and...

INVASION U.S.A. 8) 8) 8) (£2.99)

A fine selection of purchases, valido.

I loved Chuck Norris movies back in the day and Invasion USA was one of my faves. Chuck kicking terrorist butt with his twin Uzi's, Tom Savini FX, shopping mall destruction and that great Norris/Lynch duel .... with rocket launchers, no less 8) As an impressionable young man, I didn't think there was anyone cooler in the whole wide world :) "It's tiime ...."
I bet you think you know all about vampires ... believe me, you know f@*& all.
Notts Pete
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Notts Pete »

Doomsday - UK Blu-ray. Looks and sounds better than ever. I don't care what anyone says (DVD World just gave this 2 stars!!) I love this movie more each time I watch it.

Momentum have a couple of nice box sets coming soon. If you don't already have the individual titles, they're good packages;

The Walter Hill Collection (due Sept.)
includes The Warriors, Southern Comfort, Johnny Handsome, Extreme Prejudice, The Long Riders (my all-time fave western) and The Driver.
Apparently, the Extreme Prejudice DVD has a brand new 40 min. interview with Mr Hill.

The John Carpenter Collection (due Oct. - just right for Halloween)
includes Assault on Precinct 13, Halloween, The Fog, Escape from NY, They Live and Prince of Darkness.

http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=68735

http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=68769

If Doris is still looking for viewing suggestions, you can't really go wrong with these guys.
valido
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by valido »

Notts Pete wrote:A fine selection of purchases, valido.

I loved Chuck Norris movies back in the day and Invasion USA was one of my faves. Chuck kicking terrorist butt with his twin Uzi's, Tom Savini FX, shopping mall destruction and that great Norris/Lynch duel .... with rocket launchers, no less 8) As an impressionable young man, I didn't think there was anyone cooler in the whole wide world :) "It's tiime ...."
Let's not forget that Invasion USA is the only film I know where the bad guy has nightmares about the hero kicking his ass. Awesome.

And back to the horror... my next purchase will be the H.G. Lewis boxset 8)
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

was Invasion USA uncut?
and that Walter Hill box set looks tempting a few of those i dont have,might be worth getting the set.
"Time To Nut Up Or Shut Up"
valido
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by valido »

Grindhouse wrote:was Invasion USA uncut?
and that Walter Hill box set looks tempting a few of those i dont have,might be worth getting the set.
There are no cut versions around that I'm aware of... I always check http://www.dvdcompare.net
Hello Doris!
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Hello Doris! »

Notts Pete wrote:Doomsday - UK Blu-ray. Looks and sounds better than ever. I don't care what anyone says (DVD World just gave this 2 stars!!) I love this movie more each time I watch it.

Momentum have a couple of nice box sets coming soon. If you don't already have the individual titles, they're good packages;

The Walter Hill Collection (due Sept.)
includes The Warriors, Southern Comfort, Johnny Handsome, Extreme Prejudice, The Long Riders (my all-time fave western) and The Driver.
Apparently, the Extreme Prejudice DVD has a brand new 40 min. interview with Mr Hill.

The John Carpenter Collection (due Oct. - just right for Halloween)
includes Assault on Precinct 13, Halloween, The Fog, Escape from NY, They Live and Prince of Darkness.

http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=68735

http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=68769

If Doris is still looking for viewing suggestions, you can't really go wrong with these guys.
Seen Doomsday, Halloween, Assualt, The Fog, Escape, They live, Prince.
I enjoyed them all especially Escape - mmmm Kurt Russell!
Notts Pete
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Notts Pete »

Excellent taste Doris !!

I really don't think you need anyone's advice on viewing material - you seem to be doing just fine so far :) Those are some rather good suggestions from Grindy though, hope you're going to stick some reviews up to let us know what you thought of 'em.

Meanwhile, this looks like being another expensive October for horror fans, on the 13th Metrodome are releasing a 3-disc, fully uncut, ultimate edition of Wes Craven's Last House on the Left. And just have a look at the stunning cover art;

http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=68789

Anyone know a good doctor where I can sell a few organs to fund all these purchases? Looks like I'll be living on beans from now until Christmas :)
Hello Doris!
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Hello Doris! »

Notts Pete wrote:Excellent taste Doris !!

I really don't think you need anyone's advice on viewing material - you seem to be doing just fine so far :) Those are some rather good suggestions from Grindy though, hope you're going to stick some reviews up to let us know what you thought of 'em.

Meanwhile, this looks like being another expensive October for horror fans, on the 13th Metrodome are releasing a 3-disc, fully uncut, ultimate edition of Wes Craven's Last House on the Left. And just have a look at the stunning cover art;

http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=68789

Anyone know a good doctor where I can sell a few organs to fund all these purchases? Looks like I'll be living on beans from now until Christmas :)
I've seen the cut version of Last House, so I qould be interested in having the uncut version too. Need to find some pennies...
orlovsky
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by orlovsky »

Seeing as you've all been giving Doris suggestions, How about some some recommended R1 purchases for me? (even if I am Doris' other half :D ) I'm going to be out there in a week or so, so any recommendations would be appreciated!
Hello Doris!
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Hello Doris! »

orlovsky wrote:

Seeing as you've all been giving Doris suggestions, How about some some recommended R1 purchases for me? (even if I am Doris' other half :D ) I'm going to be out there in a week or so, so any recommendations would be appreciated!
Don't forget that I want a present too!!! :lol:
voor
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by voor »

R1 Recommendations:

The Mario Bava Collection - Both Volumes - What excellent restorations! Absolutely beautiful with some excellent extras!

Also Criterion Collection - monsters madmen - Excellent restoration of a quad bill - Two Karloff- Two Science Fiction - Absolutely worth buying!

Yours Sincerely

Voor