TV Eye

Get to know the forumites, come and say Hello. Chat music, books, tv or games.
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

The guardian guide had a good write up on DeadSet on Saturday,cant wait to see it.
"Time To Nut Up Or Shut Up"
kimblebee
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by kimblebee »

Team Banzai wrote:i'm gonna do a full review for the site very soon

i've seen all the episodes and it is FARKIN awesome!!
Hehe, I can imagine that said with a lot of enthusiasm :) definitely gonna be recording it on Sat, don't want to miss out...
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

Grindhouse wrote:The guardian guide had a good write up on DeadSet on Saturday,cant wait to see it.
I imagine they would have, as Charlie Brooker is one of their columnists! But I did read their article online earlier and - the show's not bad at all. Looking forward to it.
orlovsky
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by orlovsky »

streetrw wrote:
Grindhouse wrote:The guardian guide had a good write up on DeadSet on Saturday,cant wait to see it.
I imagine they would have, as Charlie Brooker is one of their columnists! But I did read their article online earlier and - the show's not bad at all. Looking forward to it.
... And he wrote the write up himself. (and, 28 days later is NOT a zombie movie. and I will personally see anyone who says it is round the back of the bike sheds after school.)

I am looking forward to it, although I am slightly bemused at the policy of rushing it out to dvd the week after all 5 episodes of the show have been shown.
"I see the bad moon arising.."
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

I think this is normal practice with some TV shows.

But normally the dvd will appear straight after a 5 week-run, rather than 5 day run.
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

Team Banzai wrote:i'm gonna do a full review for the site very soon

i've seen all the episodes and it is FARKIN awesome!!
Ohhh yes!

*giggles at desk and glances around to make sure no one is watching*
Ooh ooh, I will have a look at the guardian website see if its there.
orlovsky wrote:28 days later is NOT a zombie movie. and I will personally see anyone who says it is round the back of the bike sheds after school.)
Yes it is *hides*
orlovsky wrote:
I am looking forward to it, although I am slightly bemused at the policy of rushing it out to dvd the week after all 5 episodes of the show have been shown.
Or it could be very clever, as if it's awesome it would be a good marketing strategy to cash in right away and sell shed loads.
Thanks for the ride, sir.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
Hello Doris!
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Hello Doris! »

orlovsky wrote:28 days later is NOT a zombie movie. and I will personally see anyone who says it is round the back of the bike sheds after school.)
Yes it is *hides*

[/quote]

Don't anger the beast! Actually I do agree (not just because I live with him) but they are not zombie films - no flesh is ingested so therefore, not zombies.
If only we were amongst friends... or sane persons!
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

ghouldrool
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by ghouldrool »

and so Terminator:TSCC returned to our digital screens with a much better opener than expected.

A pretty neat opening scene played without audio just to some nifty tune saw Cameron go a little bad. Fast paced and relativley free of forced dialogue explaining exaclty who everyone was and what was going on for the benefit of probable new viewers.

Interestingly the show has added the still gorgeous Shirley Manson to the cast as a scot accented T1000! how times have changed when once revolutionary sfx are now acheivable in a second rate tv show.

might still be a show worth sticking with.

Fortunatley Heroes is going someway to make up for last season, but its beginning to feel like a remake of the first.

Sadly PB is on one of its regular breaks, probably so they can film an episode where the final Sylla card is revealed to be in Space and in the possesion of Pinhead.
"Just what the world needs; a schizophrenic toaster!"
Hello Doris!
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Hello Doris! »

sherbetbizarre wrote:LOST Season 5 preview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4R6EWNkMW7c
Is that still going?

I watched the first two episodes and was all ready to enjoy it, but nothing happened. Nothing grabbed me, so I consigned it to the tv bin.
If only we were amongst friends... or sane persons!
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

Stick with SCC Ghoul!!!

Manson really is a poor actress but there has been an episode with her in where they obviously forced her to take some lessons as she's improved since it began :)

RAR!!
mamawaldi
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by mamawaldi »

Had concerns when I saw Shirley Manson's name in the cast list and was even more worried when she started "acting". Oh well, at least she's not singing !!

Season 1 was never great, but always maintained enough momentum to keep you watching and from the looks of the season 2 opener the same will be true again.
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

24: Redemption trailer:

http://www.fox.com/24/trailer/
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

mamawaldi wrote:Had concerns when I saw Shirley Manson's name in the cast list and was even more worried when she started "acting". Oh well, at least she's not singing !!
She is rubbish :(
Thanks for the ride, sir.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup