what dvds are we buying?

Get to know the forumites, come and say Hello. Chat music, books, tv or games.
scrobble
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by scrobble »

Melvin Junko wrote:Went to poundland for some stuff and came back with:

Cat in the brain

and

Cannibal terror this looks stunningly bad haha
I can't imagine Cannibal terror will be anywhere near as unwatchable as Cat in the Brain...I really regret that purchase!
If you cut off my head, what would I say... Me and my head, or me and my body? What right has my head to call itself me?
Melvin Junko
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Melvin Junko »

hey for a pound you can't really go wrong (well I guess you can but it's only a pound)

and you'd be supprised by how easily amused i am :)
You can't do nothing right, Cooper! You stupid sonofabitch! You should have been destroyed at birth! That's what I get for teaming up with a hippie!
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

Cannibal Terror is "great", and well worth a pound!
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

Just a heads up - there is a very good sale on horror films on at play.com at the moment... I am having a shop :D
Thanks for the ride, sir.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
ghouldrool
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by ghouldrool »

gravedancers for £5 instore at HMV. They seem to be knocking out a few of the recent Revolver releases for a fiver atm.

No disrepect to Revolver but i find this price point fairly decent as you are more inclined to take a risk and buy something blind when its only a fiver.
"Just what the world needs; a schizophrenic toaster!"
Hello Doris!
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Hello Doris! »

Purchasing Boxset of the Dead and Twin Peaks boxset for Mr O for xmas - he knows already.
If only we were amongst friends... or sane persons!
Reanimator
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Reanimator »

I got Grimm Love in HMV for a fiver!
Melvin Junko
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Melvin Junko »

got more crap from poundland, I went in to see if they had Cradle of Filth, which I'm quite curious about. The didn't have it and I didn't wanna go home emptyhanded, so I picked up Aquanoids (looks pretty tacky but the tagline ' WOW! Monsters and naked babes' seemed to justify spending a quid on it. Also got Vampire killer barbies.
You can't do nothing right, Cooper! You stupid sonofabitch! You should have been destroyed at birth! That's what I get for teaming up with a hippie!
Hello Doris!
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Hello Doris! »

Melvin Junko wrote:got more crap from poundland, I went in to see if they had Cradle of Filth, which I'm quite curious about. The didn't have it and I didn't wanna go home emptyhanded, so I picked up Aquanoids (looks pretty tacky but the tagline ' WOW! Monsters and naked babes' seemed to justify spending a quid on it. Also got Vampire killer barbies.
I will have a look in the Wandsworth poundland for you if you want for the Cradle of Filth. It will give me something to do tomorrow whilst the man fixes my washing machine.
Melvin Junko
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Melvin Junko »

Thanks for the offer but don't go through any trouble for me. I've got over a 100 dvd's that I still have to watch, so there's no rush in getting it at all.
Girl Serial Killer

Post by Girl Serial Killer »

I didn't know these pound shops sold films. Or is it specifically Poundland you guys have been picking up choice morsels in?
scrobble
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by scrobble »

Reanimator wrote:I got Grimm Love in HMV for a fiver!
Now that one's definitely not worth a fiver!

Only film I've ever fallen asleep to at Frightfest, found it that dull.
If you cut off my head, what would I say... Me and my head, or me and my body? What right has my head to call itself me?
Hello Doris!
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Hello Doris! »

Melvin Junko wrote:Thanks for the offer but don't go through any trouble for me. I've got over a 100 dvd's that I still have to watch, so there's no rush in getting it at all.
They didn't have cradle of filth in there today, but next time I go in I will see if they have it. But I did get:
* Night of the Living Dead - the colour version
* House of a 1000 corpses - good old tartan stock!
* Vampires vs zombies - what could be better?!?!?
* The Stink of Flesh - apparently better the 28 days later and Shaun of the Dead according to Jay Slater.

House will be an xmas present for the litttle bro (how cheap am I) and the rest will be prizes for the next zombie crawl.

They also had some other brilliant titles in there - poundland is now my favourite cheap dvd shop thanks Melvin for putting me onto it.
Hello Doris!
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Hello Doris! »

Girl Serial Killer wrote:I didn't know these pound shops sold films. Or is it specifically Poundland you guys have been picking up choice morsels in?
Well I went to Poundland in Wandsworth and they have an amazing selection - not sure if Melvin's is the same or another £1 shop
Bearded Avenger
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Bearded Avenger »

Music DVD's:

American Hardcore - the history of us punk 1980 - 1986

Government Issue - a harDCore day's night

Channel 3 - Here's One For All My Friends