what dvds are we buying?

Get to know the forumites, come and say Hello. Chat music, books, tv or games.
Hello Doris!
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Hello Doris! »

orlovsky wrote:Eden Lake Turned up today, looks like a great transfer, but loses brownie points as there are not only forced trailers, but an advert for f*cking Snickers!

Optimum, take note - feel free to bung trailers on your dvd's, but please, make them optional and in keeping with the title. Adverts for popular peanut based confectionary items are not something I need to have rammed down my throat when I settle down to watch a dvd that i've gone out and bought. Even if they do star Mr. T.
I pity the fool who doesn't heed my warning!

(sorry couldn't resist!)
If only we were amongst friends... or sane persons!
Hello Doris!
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Hello Doris! »

Team Banzai wrote:my review of the eden lake blu ray will appear on the site in a day or so

the BR has no forced trailers.. i agree they ARE very annoying when you can't skip them - i find the forward button always helps. disney are/were another prime offender. the other annoying non-skipable advert is the anti piracy one, which i always think is a bit of a pain - especially as we're the ones who have bought the dvd in the first place.
I always think of the IT Crowd anti piracy advert - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=d82Lq2rVB_4

It amuses me more.
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

The US bluray of Eden Lake has been withdrawn :( so I can't get this at the mo... as the UK edition is region locked as far as I'm aware... Damn you optimum... DAMN YOU!!!

PlayUSA are awaiting their stock of Repo! Genetic Opera.. I want it NOW!!
Hello Doris!
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Hello Doris! »

Man! I watched 10 minutes of Repo and had to turn it off. My ears were bleeding. Anthony Head is really wanking for coins in that one
Melvin Junko
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Melvin Junko »

Just had a little Amazon frenzy:

Infernal affairs 3 (to complete the trilogy, haven't actually watched any of them yet)

Tokyo Gore Police (couldn't wait for this so I already downloaded it a while ago. Had to have an origional copy though)

And for my Takashi Miike collection:

Gozu
City of lost souls
Agitator

and the Takashi Miike omnibus boxset containing:

Full metal yakuza (already have this so will get rid of my old copy)
Sabu
Shinjuku triad society
Rainy dog
Ley lines
Young thugs - innocent blood
Young thugs - nostalgia
Osaka tough guys
You can't do nothing right, Cooper! You stupid sonofabitch! You should have been destroyed at birth! That's what I get for teaming up with a hippie!
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

Hello Doris! wrote:Man! I watched 10 minutes of Repo and had to turn it off. My ears were bleeding. Anthony Head is really wanking for coins in that one
Oh Doris! How could you say such things... I was looking forward to it... may cancel it.... :D
orlovsky
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by orlovsky »

Satans Puppy wrote:
Hello Doris! wrote:Man! I watched 10 minutes of Repo and had to turn it off. My ears were bleeding. Anthony Head is really wanking for coins in that one
Oh Doris! How could you say such things... I was looking forward to it... may cancel it.... :D
I'd say give it a chance, although I managed about 5 minutes less of it than Doris did..
"I see the bad moon arising.."
Melvin Junko
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Melvin Junko »

bloody people coulnd't deliver my copy of Tokyo gore police for some reason. Very lame.

So instead I got:

Organ
I love Maria (aka roboforce)

Made me feel a bit better :)
You can't do nothing right, Cooper! You stupid sonofabitch! You should have been destroyed at birth! That's what I get for teaming up with a hippie!
Hello Doris!
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Hello Doris! »

Mr O got his Tokyo Gore Police today. Apparently there was a problem with the discs. Looking at it when it arrived its a dirt cheap release, so maybe they didn't get pressed properly.
rach
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by rach »

hmm, did you order this Newtown video dist on Amazon by any chance?
Melvin Junko
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Melvin Junko »

oops that was me
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

Hello Doris! wrote:
orlovsky wrote:Eden Lake Turned up today, looks like a great transfer, but loses brownie points as there are not only forced trailers, but an advert for f*cking Snickers!

Optimum, take note - feel free to bung trailers on your dvd's, but please, make them optional and in keeping with the title. Adverts for popular peanut based confectionary items are not something I need to have rammed down my throat when I settle down to watch a dvd that i've gone out and bought. Even if they do star Mr. T.

(sorry couldn't resist!)
:lol:

you two are funny

And yes i agree!

*Rams snickers down throat*
Thanks for the ride, sir.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

Never!

I must watch that.... love anothony head and his singing *fondly remembers 'Once more with feeling'

Oh I must watch this.
Thanks for the ride, sir.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
Hello Doris!
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Hello Doris! »

maxmum wrote:
Hello Doris! wrote:

(sorry couldn't resist!)

you two are funny

And yes i agree!

*Rams snickers down throat*
mmmm snickers
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

maxmum wrote:
Never!

I must watch that.... love anothony head and his singing *fondly remembers 'Once more with feeling'

Oh I must watch this.
Apocalypse, we've all been there, Why should we care... what can't we face if we're together....

I so need to watch that again, forgot the lyrics :(

RENT: Live On Broadway The Final Performance on Bluray... HOORAY!!!!!

TAKE ME BABY, Or leaaaavvvveeeee meeeeeeeee :D

A tiger in a cage, can never feel the sun, this diva needs her stage, baby lets have fun, you are the one I choose, folks would kill to fill your shoes....