what dvds are we buying?

Get to know the forumites, come and say Hello. Chat music, books, tv or games.
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

I just gave in and ordered Friday The 13th Parts 2-5, as they're cheap. I don't really want Parts 6 onwards as I don't think they're very good!

Image Image Image Image
Hello Doris!
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Hello Doris! »

Mr O brought me Trailer Park of Terror - how shit is the cover!?!? But I gots a free comic inside - Skills!

He picked up some stuff from himself (can't remember what... some old man on the front of the box with a ball that had blades in...)
If only we were amongst friends... or sane persons!
orlovsky
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by orlovsky »

Hello Doris! wrote:Mr O brought me Trailer Park of Terror - how shit is the cover!?!? But I gots a free comic inside - Skills!

He picked up some stuff from himself (can't remember what... some old man on the front of the box with a ball that had blades in...)
Pff. The Phantasm boxset is £10 in HMV, so I grabbed that, and The Fall.
"I see the bad moon arising.."
Melvin Junko
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Melvin Junko »

Is that the boxset shaped like a ball? I won the other one, with the 3d kinda cover 5 disc set for a Penny on ebay once. Postage was like 4 quid, but that doesn't count. PHantasm boxset for a Penny :)
You can't do nothing right, Cooper! You stupid sonofabitch! You should have been destroyed at birth! That's what I get for teaming up with a hippie!
orlovsky
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by orlovsky »

Melvin Junko wrote:Is that the boxset shaped like a ball? I won the other one, with the 3d kinda cover 5 disc set for a Penny on ebay once. Postage was like 4 quid, but that doesn't count. PHantasm boxset for a Penny :)
Yeah, it's the 3d cover 5 disc job, that I thought was a steal at £10 until 5 mins ago.. ;)
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

streetrw wrote:I just gave in and ordered Friday The 13th Parts 2-5, as they're cheap. I don't really want Parts 6 onwards as I don't think they're very good!

Is part 3 in 3D like the American disc?
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

sherbetbizarre wrote:
streetrw wrote:I just gave in and ordered Friday The 13th Parts 2-5, as they're cheap. I don't really want Parts 6 onwards as I don't think they're very good!

Is part 3 in 3D like the American disc?
I don't believe so, unfortunately. :(
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

Ohhh yes!

My UK version of that great film that was on last year at FF has arrived today 'The Chaser'.
Thanks for the ride, sir.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

Here's a review of Friday 13th 1-3 special editions:

http://www.fearnet.com/news/reviews/b14 ... views.html

Summing up:
So there you go: If you're wondering if you NEED these DVDs, considering that you already OWN the 8-movie box set that you probably got on eBay for 22 bucks, I'm not really sure what to say. Given that I'm a Friday freak like Indiana Jones is a relic freak, I'm pleased to add these ones to my collection. Plus it should be noted that Part 4 (The Final Chapter), Part 5 (A New Beginning), and Part 6 (Jason Lives) will ALSO be getting the "deluxe" treatment from Paramount very soon. So either hold on tight to that old box set (which is still a great little collection) or start saving those nickels!
orlovsky
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by orlovsky »

Just ordered Long Weekend, RoadGames & Patrick which looks remarkably similar to Freakdog, thanks to my recent viewing of Not Quite Hollywood (must remember to lock my wallet away when I re-watch that film) :D
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

RENT Live on Broadway is on the way, Repo is on the way (Finally), Dead Or Alive arrived yesterday and I gotta say the boobies ain't as gooda HD transfer as I woulda liked, there's noise on the picture throughout but then it kinda flips to a superb picture for some scenes and it's VERY noticeable... the scenes that do look great, look awesome :( but they're few n far between.

Quaruntine and Midnight Meat Train boorays should arrive just before Glasgow trip!
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

Image Image Image Image
So let me get this straight... as well as no 3D in part 3... we have no R2 Special Edition of Part one??
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

sherbetbizarre wrote:
So let me get this straight... as well as no 3D in part 3... we have no R2 Special Edition of Part one??
Not as far as I know, but then as I have Part 1 already I haven't really looked into it. I'm not sure that it would be any different from the existent R2 - which is held (in this country at least) by Warners whereas 2-8 are Paramount. Anyways, I'm happy enough with them - and they came today, so I know what I'm doing on Tuesday.....about eight hours of shrieky slasher mayhem. Marvellous. Then the new one's out on Friday.
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

Okay sooooooo my Rent Live On Broadway arrived on Booray and I gotta say it's a GRADE A Disc on picture and sound... totally wow...

But I have a confession... I cried like a baby... I dunno why I just cried, I knew the story, seen the movie, seen Rent Remixed on the west end but until you see the Broadway version you realise that there's some of the story you've not heard...

The cast all seemed really close and there's a few moments where the finality of it all seems to hit each of them and there's tears... the guy who plays Angel leapt on to the stage all smiles to rejoin the cast and then bam, you just see his features drop as he reachs them he just loses it.

Eden Espinosa loses it when five of the characters in turn say "It's Over" to announce that friendships in the group are breaking down and the final It's Over is announced to say one of the main folks has died and the camera just hits her and she's crying now too....

It was like a total guilt trip!!!! A total guilt trip of extrodinary proportions!!! Even the bonus features were an emotional roller coaster... and intersting to boot!!! :)

The Johnathon Larson story is a sad one... was a struggling writer for Seven Years... Wrote rent, got it off broadway, got a great review for the New York Times and an interview during the previews.... then died that very night, the night before it opened to audiences.... OUCH!
krispyg
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore
Location: Failsworth - it's midway between Oldham and Manchester

Post by krispyg »

I'm buying less this month due to Glasgow, the march event and saving for summer. Oh and Valentines day and various nights out.

So all I got this month is Trailer Park Of Terror and Friday the 13th Part 9, Jason Goes to Hell so I now own every F13 going yay!