Not Quite Hollywood

Relive the horror of Frightfest 2009
rawshark
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Not Quite Hollywood

Post by rawshark »

Having seen this film twice now (and hugely looking forward to seeing it again today), I have a sneaking suspicion that this film is going to be many FFers film of the day.. :D
It's horrible... I love it... What is it?
Hello Doris!
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Hello Doris! »

It's very good, except for Tarantino - I just want to smack him! I think with the range of boobs and gore on display that there will be something for everyone!
If only we were amongst friends... or sane persons!
Muffy St. John
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Muffy St. John »

This was certainly my film of the day... but it does trouble me somewhat to say that I am Australian, but have seen none of the films mentioned!!?!
Am currently trying to find all those movies now... Long Weekend seemed to be the best.
Hello Doris!
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Hello Doris! »

Muffy St. John wrote:This was certainly my film of the day... but it does trouble me somewhat to say that I am Australian, but have seen none of the films mentioned!!?!
Am currently trying to find all those movies now... Long Weekend seemed to be the best.
Patrick, Long Weekend and Turkey Shoot you can get from HMV for little money - Long Weekend is very very good. I want to pick up Next of Kin next.
We also asked an Australian friend about the Australian film industry in general and all he could say was "What you mean Picnic at Hanging Rock?"
If only we were amongst friends... or sane persons!
kimblebee
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by kimblebee »

It was my second time seeing Not Quite Hollywood, and it was just as good (if not better) than first time round! I too have a long list of Oz films I wish to catch up on, mainly Road Games, Next of Kin, Fair Game, and perhaps slip a Mad Max day in somewhere! Tarantino is hilarious and (apart from the other amazing directors in it, who seem to have the best sense of humour in the world!) makes this Doc so brilliant! It's great to see someone with such a passion for filmmaking - it's like watching an excited kid opening their presents on Xmas morning! Can't wait to see this again - I agree with Alan, possibly best documentary ever made!
Melvin Junko
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Melvin Junko »

Great stuff, made me realize I still have so much crazy stuff to see. Downloading Razorback, the man from hong kong and fair game at the moment :)

for those who are interested, turkey shoot, thirst and patrick have been released by gorezone and can be found in poundland if you're lucky.
You can't do nothing right, Cooper! You stupid sonofabitch! You should have been destroyed at birth! That's what I get for teaming up with a hippie!
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

I thought this was OK. I'm not really a fan of grade Z movies so it didn't do that much for me. I have ordered Road Games and would be interested in seeing Next of kin but that's all.
Thanks for the ride, sir.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
rach
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by rach »

I think this was on too late for me. Whenever I watch documentaries in the cinema I lose concentration and stare into blank space. I may have fallen asleep but I don't think so?

Anyways what I saw was interesting and stuff but I think I need to see it again at home on the couch :)
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

It's done a little too frenetically for me, and as far as my personal taste goes I could have done without all the nudey stuff in the first third and spent another half hour on the horror and SF genre material because frankly the unique feel of Road Games, Long Weekend, Harlequin, Turkey Shoot - they're not Hollywood films, but they're not Foreign either because they're in English - is much more interesting than boobs and bums movies. And Quentin - calm down. But I am going to check some of those titles out again.
odishon
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by odishon »

Second time round on this one and actually think I enjoyed it more on DVD at home. Could have possibly been due to the guy a few rows in front who had had one too many somethings and bless him, was blissfully unaware that the whole audience was not cheering and shouting along with him.

If a documentary makes you want to see as many included films as this one did then it must have done something right.

Great selection of very funny interviewees plus great clips made for a very entertaining watch.
The Soapmaker
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by The Soapmaker »

Great stuff, I'll be buying it on DVD to use as a checklist for films I want to see.

I already have a few like Long Weekend, Turkey Shoot, Thirst and Patrick (plus Picnic At Hanging Rock which doesn't deserve the gentle ribbing they gave it!).
rawshark
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by rawshark »

Glad this one went down well..

Have recently watched Roadgames and Long Weekend (classics the both of them), and you can read some of our previous Zombie Club entries for the following films below;

The Man From Hong Kong (one of the few films at ZC to score three White Hot 5 Star ratings)
- http://www.eatmybrains.com/showzc.php?id=62

Stone (awesome movie - must be seen!)
- http://www.eatmybrains.com/showzc.php?id=66

Turkey Shoot
- http://www.eatmybrains.com/showzc.php?id=48

Coming soon, Ozploitation Night where we review Roadgames and the frankly awful Stunt Rock
It's horrible... I love it... What is it?
Muffy St. John
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Muffy St. John »

Picnic At Hanging Rock which doesn't deserve the gentle ribbing they gave it
Totally agree, I think Picnic a HR is a very underrated film (even though it is much loved) and certainly one of the best films to come out of Australia.
zoltan
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by zoltan »

Fantastic documentary and highly entertaining.
Kept me interested all the way through due to the frantic editing, also think Tarantino's contributions were great as always.
The man is awesome , he just shouldn't act in his own movies in my opinion.
Made me want to re watch Patrick , Mad Max , Storm warning etc and catch up with numerous others.
Tragedygirl
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Tragedygirl »

Was sleepy when this started, but I got interested quickly and enjoyed it!! Was a little overlong for me but thats just me.

Enjoyed seeing some of those old films ... and in the mood to see patrick, Mad Max and Wolf Creek again!