films we just saw

Chat here about anything horror related. Be it movies, news, remakes or events.
lupogirl
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by lupogirl »

For someone who is not that much into football, I rather enjoyed Damned United. That Michael Sheen is literally a character actor.
"We Who Walk Here Walk Alone"
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Alex J »

Watched The Children last night for the first time. A deliciously dark and twisted tale of modern family life. An engrossing and enjoyable addition to a rapidly expanding sub-genre. 8/10
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.
mamawaldi
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by mamawaldi »

The Tripper - Rubbish vanity project from David Arquette and Courtney Cox fresh from their Scream successes. He directs, she cameos in a tepid slasher that sees a Ronald Reagan masked psycho unconvincingly chopping up a bunch of stoner teens at what appears to be the worlds smallest music festival. Various interesting cast members are wasted (in both senses) including Lukas Haas, Jason Mewes and cop Thomas Jane. Much like the space-cakes at Glastonbury...this film is best avoided.
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

The Body Snatchers,Abel Ferrara's version,one of my fave ones of all the remakes short but still better than the invasion.
"Time To Nut Up Or Shut Up"
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

I was going to see Crank 2 this afternoon but the times weren't convenient so I had a DVD instead. And it was yet more Jess Franco silliness in Exorcism, aka Demoniac, aka The Sadist Of Notre Dame, aka Loads Of Other Titles. The staff of "Dagger And Garter" magazine hold a black mass; clients and participants of the ensuing orgy soon fall foul of a serial killer who strips the girls naked and chains them to the wardrobe. "Not very good" is putting it mildly. The BBFC have cut nearly three minutes from an already edited original (it had yer actual hardcore to start with). Loads of unattractive nudity and wobbly bums still on view though, if that's your thing, and some spectacularly annoying organ music.
http://streetrw.blogspot.com - For all your occasional film rambling needs.
http://twitter.com/streetrw - For when you really need to know what I had for breakfast.

AND NOW: SKYPE!
Team Banzai
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Team Banzai »

STAR TREK

bloody great!
capthowdy66
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by capthowdy66 »

I watched 'Lizard in a women's skin' Wow i wasn't expecting such a cool film but what was with those dogs!!! Loved the music score form Ennio Morricone!! 8)
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

capthowdy66 wrote:I watched 'Lizard in a women's skin' Wow i wasn't expecting such a cool film but what was with those dogs!!!
Landed them in court that scene :shock:
Maniacal
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Maniacal »

Watched Laid to Rest last night, didn't think much to it. Now have Midnight Movie to watch, looks awesome! :mrgreen:

Twitter: _grimgringhost
Facebook: Maniacal2011
Malachi
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Malachi »

I know this is old now but watched Donkey Punch lastnight, wish I hadn't bothered thought it was a load of rubbish. Boring, didn't care about any of the charatures, not much happened..zzzzzzzzzzz
lupogirl
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by lupogirl »

Watched Crank 2 at the weekend. What a jaw dropping laughable mad mis-mash of a film.

At times very amusing and completely mad cap. There was one"what the heck" scene which so reminded me of the Two Tribes Video by Frankie Goes to Hollywood. So obvious that Jason Statham was trying to keep a straight face throughout. Was almost as though they kept running out of ideas and coming up with more outrageous set pieces.

Though after a while my attention span was beginning to shrink! Have to admit enjoyed the first Crank more. Still, was good to see Jason Stratham! Heellloo!
"We Who Walk Here Walk Alone"
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

Yep, it was insane in a good way... but felt overlong even at 96 minutes!
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

Hancock,i didnt expect to like this,after its mixed reviews,and its muddled history,but keeping those things aside,its really enjoyable,a good story,and not the usual superhero fare,the plot twist wasnt too bad & a quite touching ending,Peter Bergs directing gets better with every movie, i still think, The Rundown is up there with the best comedy action movies & The Kingdom is superb.
"Time To Nut Up Or Shut Up"
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

I finally saw Crank: High Voltage last night and generally agree with what's already been said. Alan Jones' write-up on the FF site is pretty much spot on, I think. I wasn't a big fan of the first film and this new one is okay - it's generally good offensive, cartoonish fun, massively energetic, and the nipple sequence had me looking away. But the swearing got wearing after a while and I did find my thoughts wandering during the second half of the film.
http://streetrw.blogspot.com - For all your occasional film rambling needs.
http://twitter.com/streetrw - For when you really need to know what I had for breakfast.

AND NOW: SKYPE!
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Alex J »

Catching up on old Frightfest films - last night it was the turn of Wild Country, a low budget Scottish wilderness survival horror. Despite the limitations of the low budget, it has a pretty decent storyline and reasonable special effects that seem to improve as the film goes on. Most of the characters (although not all!) are believable and the movie contains several scenes to keep gore fans happy. 7/10
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.