Newbies!

Have your say on what you would like to see new, changed or just kept the same at the next FrightFest.
gregjames
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by gregjames »

I'm still a relative newbie as I was only along for a few films last year so this will be my first full-on Frightfest.

Name is Greg, as can be cunningly surmised from my forum nameage. I live in Cricklewood, an area responsible fpr both The Goodies and Goodnight Sweetheart.

I work in an office, can't remember more than that. I have to blot it out otherwise I couldnae cope.

Picking a favourite horror film is a tricky one so I'll go for a few: Jacob's Ladder, Phantasm & Night of the Living Dead.
kimblebee
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by kimblebee »

Cool beans, nice to meet you Greg :-) where are all the other newbies? Come on, don't be shy... Tickets selling out in record time at a bigger venue + only a handful of new people introducing themselves on this 'ere thread = doesn't add up :-)

(Just call me Carol!) :-)
Hello Doris!
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Hello Doris! »

If only we were amongst friends... or sane persons!
LeeManc
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by LeeManc »

Hello

I'm Lee from Manchester, I also work in an Office, which is thrilling, and I study film and tv production.

My favourite horror is Nightmare on elm street, I saw it at age 6 and was terrified of going upstairs alone in my house until we moved house at age 10(Thankfully I hadn't picked up on the fact he killed you in your sleep). This, for some reason led me to be a huge horror fan...

Looking forward to frightfest although I am pretty gutted that Paranormal Activity won't be on, also what happened to Wrong Turn 3?
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

LeeManc wrote:Hello

I'm Lee from Manchester, I also work in an Office, which is thrilling, and I study film and tv production.

My favourite horror is Nightmare on elm street, I saw it at age 6 and was terrified of going upstairs alone in my house until we moved house at age 10(Thankfully I hadn't picked up on the fact he killed you in your sleep). This, for some reason led me to be a huge horror fan...

Looking forward to frightfest although I am pretty gutted that Paranormal Activity won't be on, also what happened to Wrong Turn 3?
Which office?!?! Which office?!?! *jumps up and down, getting his stalking kit ready*
gregjames
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by gregjames »

Satans Puppy wrote:

Which office?!?! Which office?!?! *jumps up and down, getting his stalking kit ready*
it's outside the police, beyond the United Nations, over the flyover, past the all-night Tesco, on the left, behind the dirty bookshop.
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

So not in the city centre? :lol:
kimblebee
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by kimblebee »

I did indeed mean of the Vorderman variety - can't imagine that band are anywhere near as amazing as Kool and the Gang!
AnotherSchmuck
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

a newb issue

Post by AnotherSchmuck »

I had this email sent on to me, not sure how to direct to admin though, I havent posted the guys email address as its his call to publish it but if admin want to give me a shout I can give it to them.

Hi,

I know this isn't YOUR job but your email address is visible and sorry to pick on you.

I'm trying to joing the forum and it's basically not letting me. There are no working links to the Administrator visible to me. If it's convenient would you mind sending the following to the forum Administrator, or posting it in a suitable enough forum?

"Hi,
I've been trying without success to join the FrightFest Forum. Initially, with username 'Simon' it appeared to work, but all attempts to login give 'You have specified an incorrect or inactive username, or an invalid password'.
Attempting to re-register as 'Simon1' gave an error message.
Attempting to re-register again as 'Simon1', and as 'Simon2035' and as 'Simon18364' and as 'Simon135426' all give 'Sorry, but that e-mail address is already registered to a user'. I've received no confirmation email at any point. I've read the FAQs.
Thanks,
Simon"

As a complete stranger I wouldn't normally ask, but this seems a friendly bunch so I hope it's okay.

(Maybe they're not accepting new members.)

Cheers,

Simon
"Horror films don't create fear. They release it." – Wes Craven

Instagram - timothyrobinparsons
Twitter - @AnotherSchmuck
LeeManc
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by LeeManc »

Satans Puppy wrote:

it's out in Irlam, clearly a hive of activity and excitement.

Are you in Manchester?
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

Me, Maxmum and K-I-Rspy are manchester way :)

I'm practically central... Maxi's somewhere that starts with a.... no I can't remember... she lives in one of them shanty town places along with K-I-Rspy but they're enemies because their shanty towns fall under diff gang control.

Just be wary in August when the bullets and blades begin to fly.

As for the forum registration, I had problems with it, tried five times to register way back when... can't remember what blessed angel let me in but I bet they regret it now :D
dangerous_jamie
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by dangerous_jamie »

I'm Manchester way too.
Beauty is in the eye of the tiger.
Hello Doris!
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Hello Doris! »

kimblebee wrote:
I did indeed mean of the Vorderman variety - can't imagine that band are anywhere near as amazing as Kool and the Gang!
Nah he is amazing, you should check out his MJH tribute. He wrote me nice message on my cd :D
If only we were amongst friends... or sane persons!
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

dangerous_jamie wrote:I'm Manchester way too.
Oh yeah... and him... but he doesn't count :lol:
LeeManc
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by LeeManc »

Whereabouts int he centre are you, I lived in lumiere and skyline for a couple of years before deciding I would prefer a house/dog