films we just saw

Chat here about anything horror related. Be it movies, news, remakes or events.
Notts Pete
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Notts Pete »

Alright, now just where is everybody getting their copies of Raw Force from? I've been wanting to find this for ages but never been able to find either a bootleg DVD, pre-cert tape or anything. I really feel I need to see this - something just seems missing from my life until I do. :)
I bet you think you know all about vampires ... believe me, you know f@*& all.
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

Dont get me started on Raiders Of Atlantis, this reminds me of my mispent youth watchin all manner of crazy shit on video,this title being one of my faves :D
and its langushing in public domain,if the completely nuts Lucio Fulci Manhattan Baby can get a release then so should this.
"Time To Nut Up Or Shut Up"
ghouldrool
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by ghouldrool »

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Grindhouse-Expe ... 513&sr=8-1

Raw Force is amongst the 20 flicks in that box.
"Just what the world needs; a schizophrenic toaster!"
Melvin Junko
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Melvin Junko »

I must admit that when it comes to most obscure stuff I usually download it. I'm not interested in buying VHS, overpriced dvd's or bootlegs. And as long as I still buy loads of dvd's (see the what dvd's are we buying topic)as well I don't see much harm in downloading.

But yeah, Raiders of Atlantins was great stupid fun as well, not as good as Raw Force but if there would be such a thing as a perfect tripple bill of craptastic actionmovies it would be:

Raiders of Atlantis
9 deaths of the ninja
Raw force.

actually, Next time I've got the house to myself for a day that's just what I'm gonna watch, accompanied by a crate of Stella. Or better yet, somebody convince a cinema in London to show this lot all in one night.
You can't do nothing right, Cooper! You stupid sonofabitch! You should have been destroyed at birth! That's what I get for teaming up with a hippie!
giles edwards
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by giles edwards »

I have 9 Deaths Of A Ninja on my shelf. Unwatched.

Not for long!
[i]"Would you like to take a closer look ?"[/i]
Melvin Junko
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Melvin Junko »

It's a gem. The way the badguy dies in the end is so random it's simply amazing!
You can't do nothing right, Cooper! You stupid sonofabitch! You should have been destroyed at birth! That's what I get for teaming up with a hippie!
Meanbobs
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Meanbobs »

Trying to get through a few movies I've missed over the years that I really should have seen by now (and a few strange ones thrown into the mix) - Caught up with these fellas over the weekend:

Cannibal Holocaust: This caught me by surprise a bit. It had far higher production values than I had expected, offered a coherent and satisfying storyline and was truly horrific at times. It was a good film.
There are some issues - There's quite a bit of graphic animal cruelty in the uncut version (which I had to FF/skip through as it was just too much) and I'm a little disappointed with a few lines from the studio execs nearer the end of the film, through which the (real life) filmmakers felt it was necessary to force an obvious social commentary. The soundtrack is excellent, especially the inappropriately whimsical signature theme. Acting was raw, but appropriate for the handheld, found footage style.

Valerie and Her Week of Wonders: Lush, creepy fairytale requiring multiple viewings. Warning: ARTY, but suitably short.

The Bird with the Crystal Plumage: Pulpy thriller - interesting from a historical point of view.

Re-Animator: OK

Zombie Flesh Eaters: Great Zombie film that makes the most of the fact that it's a raw, cheap, and exploitative movie from the video nasty era. The expected 'quiet' middle act doesn't drag for too long and is sandwiched between some memorable scenes of goreage n' flame and a very suitable final revelation.

Fright Night:I found this almost unbearably tedious for the first hour or so, but it has an acceptable, suitably cheesy, eighties-sfx payoff in the final 20-30 mins or so, beginning with a nice reverse-werewolf transition 'death' and culminating in the eventual demise of the baddies in their various forms.

Cat in the Brain: A moronic turd of a film.

Anyone have any suggestions for any of the other Italian/Explotation Cannibal films to watch? (I have the uncut Cannibal Ferox in the pile o' DVDs)
feggie
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by feggie »

Just watched Con Air.

My Birthday's on July 14th, My daddy come's home on July 14th. I'm gonna meet my daddy for the first time on July 14th.

HAPPY CON AIR DAY!!!!!!!! (I have actually watched it for the past 4 July 14ths)

Managed to catch a performance of Zombie Flesh Eaters with a Q and A from Ian McCulloch(think that's his name) at the gft about a month ago. Great to see it on the big screen, good reactions from an intelligent horror crowd.
Maniacal
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Maniacal »

Machine Girl & Tokyo Gore Police!

Haven't laughed so much in ages!

:lol:

Twitter: _grimgringhost
Facebook: Maniacal2011
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

The Toolbox Murders sleazy and with a bunch of nasty killings from the beginning,the camera gives a voyeurs point of view of these killings and enjoys the deaths of the victims,then after the killings it tails of into weird territory and fails to get itself back on track,definately one of the grindhouse classics but not as good as dont go in the house.
"Time To Nut Up Or Shut Up"
kimblebee
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by kimblebee »

Hardware - saw it for the first time at the weekend, really quite enjoyed it! Although lacking somewhat in juicy plot, the gore and the soundtrack were awesome!

That peeping Tom guy really creeped me out! :-s
krispyg
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore
Location: Failsworth - it's midway between Oldham and Manchester

Post by krispyg »

Hillside Cannibals - Bloody awful - inspired The Hills Have Eyes. Hmm, maybe it did but just avoid this.

Hidden - Intrigued me as I liked Funny Games do I wanted to check this out. This got switched off after about half an hour

I Know How Many Runs You Scored Last Summer - Death by Cricket... interesting. If you don't take it too seriously and just see it as the angry-kid-gets-revenge slasher/comedy that it is then you may just enjoy it.

Gingerdead Man 2 - This has been one of the recent highlights as I seem to be in a phase of picking shite to watch and I need to snap out of it asap. How can you go wrong with an angry cake going round killing people? The commentary by the aforementioned biscuit/killer is cheesy but funny and if you can enjoy it for what it is then it is worth 90 mins of your life.
"With all your superstitions
And empty lines
I could be just like you
Withdrawn but alive"
Notts Pete
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Notts Pete »

Incredibly late catching up wit this, but last night me and the Gavster finally saw Sam Raimi's Drag Me To Hell.

The Ritz in Belper (our favourte, old-fashioned cinema) had a one-night showing and we had an absolute blast.
It looked and sounded amazing and I was really impressed with Alison Lohman in the leading role (not so keen on Justin Long, but he was good enough).

Did anyone else get a Jacques Tourneur/Val Lewton vibe from it? Couildn't help be reminded of Night of the Demon/The Seventh Victim, especially in those early scenes of the Lamia menacing Christine.

Raimi pulled every old-fahioned trick in the book and gave us a wonderful rollercoaster of a film. Can't believe we almost missed seeing this on the big screen. That would've been a real tragedy.

"I don't want your cat, you dirty Pork Queen"!!
I bet you think you know all about vampires ... believe me, you know f@*& all.
kitkat
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by kitkat »

I absolutely adore Hardware to the point that I snapped my VHS copy of it several years ago. When it came out in the cinema I went every night for a week. I still blame my A level results on that film. If you haven't yet seen it- try Dust Devil which is even cooler.
kimblebee
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by kimblebee »

Ooh will do, thanks for the tip! Hardware has just been re-released on dvd with optimum, go on - treat yourself and and replace your snapped vhs :-)