films we just saw

Chat here about anything horror related. Be it movies, news, remakes or events.
Jim Fear
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Jim Fear »

Inside - not had the pleasure of seeing this since the 2007 FF all-nighter, but seeing as it dropped through my letterbox on Monday my better half and I decided to give it another watch (although she slept through most of it at the ICA). Christ, I'd forgotten how brutal the film was! Still, my opinion of the film hasn't changed, which is that its one of the better horror films to come out over the last few years. Genuinely creepy and more than enough bloody keep gore lovers happy.
Reanimator
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Reanimator »

Zombieland - is like 'Adventureland' but with Zombies - and just as enjoyable!

I saw 13:game of death on DVD and this is one of the better Thai films of recent years

Fermat's room is a neat thriller with a simple idea but very well done - well worth catching this on DVD
Rufus
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Rufus »

I saw Inside too last night for the first time, after having heard lots about it from various frightfesters. It certainly lived up to the hype, being scary and nasty in about equal measures. Would go well with switchblade romance.
Also The good, the bad and the weird, a "kimchee western". Great action sequences and an interesting setting (pre WW2 Manchuria).
PatrolBen
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by PatrolBen »

I watched Inside tonight. It's my favourite of the new wave horror. I also watched Frontiers for the first time last night. It was good, not great. It lost its pace a bit in the third act.
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

Okay, it's not a horror film but sometimes I do like to step outside the genre. Sadly, Reno 911!: Miami is exceptionally lame stuff, and drags even at just 80 minutes. I laughed twice - a scene near the start involving a chicken and an extended riff on the Pacino version of Scarface. The rest of it scarcely counts as a renaissance of the Police Academy concept.

Back with horror, and things improved mightily with Rogue, the Australian croc movie from 2006 that finally showed up on UK shelves this week. I enjoyed this one enormously and though I think the last third isn't as tense as the first hour or so, it's still probably better than Black Water. Might even buy it, and that's saying something.
Last edited by streetrw on Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://streetrw.blogspot.com - For all your occasional film rambling needs.
http://twitter.com/streetrw - For when you really need to know what I had for breakfast.

AND NOW: SKYPE!
PatrolDave
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by PatrolDave »

I watched INSIDE last night. This film is very 'in' at the moment.

I watched Enter the Void today. It's really fucking tough and loses it way, but it does have it's moments.
I have a trailer and everything;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr1S-qvSjrY
STun
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by STun »

Chan-wook Park's Thirst.

A bit of an odd-one. Maybe one of his best movies visually but...

The first two thirds felt like Lust caution + some splatter

The last third picked up and became more interesting once one of the lead characters changed...
Ever drunk Bailey's from a shoe?
PeterPan
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by PeterPan »

Am absolutely shocked at the amount of people who enjoy 'Inside'. Gah! Just don't get it!!! (the love, not the film)

Anyhow watched 'Staunton Hill' which is pretty horrible and contains many of the non-sensical character actions needed to drive a badly written movie. Which coincidentally is one of the major problems I had with 'Inside'.
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

Halloween 2 one one hand is stunning looking,but doesnt feel like a halloween movie,the trademark music doesnt even play until the closing credits,and you have to hand it to mr zombie for doing exactly what he wants with his movie and not following the bland sequel path but by doing so has created a sequel thats uneven.
one on hand there is a great hospital scene only for it to be wasted by it being a dream sequence,the most brutal slayings in the history of michael myers and dr loomis being a media whore.
Inbetween all this is the dream sequences,which at times makes you feel back in house of 1000 corpses.
whatever you feel about Rob Zombies movies he does remain one of the most fresh and potent,horror directors out there today.
"Time To Nut Up Or Shut Up"
rach
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by rach »

Wrong Turn 3 - absolute dogpoo.
PeterPan
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by PeterPan »

rach wrote:Wrong Turn 3 - absolute dogpoo.
Aaawwww...... Gutted.
Melvin Junko
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Melvin Junko »

Watched season 5 of New Zealand drama series Outrageous Fortune over the past few weeks, good stuff, gripping and funny. And what a fucking cliffhanger at the season's finale.

Movies this week:

Legend of the shadowless sword - Epic Korean martial arts stuff with some really great fight scenes (the underwater one is pretty nuts). It did drag on a bit too long but I really enjoyed this one.

Terminatrix - ok, so in the future there's overpopulation in Japan, so the government sets up a program where only people selected by a computer can mate. There's this resistance group as well, and the government send this robot ( the T69 Terminatrix) back in time to kill the guy that would become the father of the leader of the resistance. Luckily the resistance people also send a fit Japanese girl back in time to fight the T69 and well, sleep with the guy that the T69 is after.

To cut a long story short, it's the Japanese erotic Terminator rip off with very few special effects but some good looking ladies

The Living dead in Tokyo bay - pretty obscure low budget Japanese zombie flick. Nothing special, sent me off into a nice sunday afternoon nap.

Sukaya the slayer of demons - Great Japanese fantasy stuff, felt like watching a movie adaptation of the Onimusha games at times. Loved it.

Korkusuz aka Rampage aka Turkish Rambo - haha this was awesome, really cheesy and very bad dubbing. If there's one thing I've learned from this movie it's that in Turkey the grenades for a grenade launcher are randomly scattered on the floor.

Pighunt - pretty lame giant pig movie, with about 4 minutes of actual giant pig in it. ONly one thing I liked about this one were the lines ' You look like a homeles person', 'and you look like Rambo's personal fuck bitch'. Avoid!

Wrong turn 3 - damn this was bad, shit acting, crappy cgi gore, lame story, not enough freaks, glad I didn't spend any money on this.

Doghouse - good fun, jokes didn't always work but very entertaining nontheless. Defenitly one hell of a lot better then a Lesbian Vampire Killers.

The Special dead - Haha one of the most un-pc movies I've seen in a long time. Zombies attack a camp full of special needs kids who start fighting back. Some descent gore and lots of tard jokes. Good fun.

Sewage baby aka The Suckling - this was great, very cheesy, bad acting, decent special effets, cool monster.

Sunshine cleaning: gave up halfway through, chickflick.
You can't do nothing right, Cooper! You stupid sonofabitch! You should have been destroyed at birth! That's what I get for teaming up with a hippie!
PeterPan
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by PeterPan »

Sukaya the slayer of demons and Special Dead, are now added to the must see list. Have you seen Chanbara Beauty? Would you recommend it.
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

ZOMBIELAND - I was sat there wondering why this wasn't an entry to FF in August... it was awesome and the crowd would have loved EVERY second :P
[url=http://www.peopleofifrit.net/]Puppy's Blog! Yes Indeed... updated regularly[/url]

[b]Disclaimer:[/b] This post may contain... more than likely contains an idiotic comment, feel free to ignore and move on :D
goregoregirl
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by goregoregirl »

I saw The Road at The London Film Festival. It was amazing. If you're a fan of the book, the film will defintiely not disappoint. 5/5