Channel 4's 3D WEEK

Chat here about anything horror related. Be it movies, news, remakes or events.
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Channel 4's 3D WEEK

Post by sherbetbizarre »

Wow, rare 3D outing for Morrissey classic...

Channel 4 invites you to stick on your 3D specs and celebrate 3D! Watch astonishing unseen footage of The Queen during her Coronation year, Derren Brown's 3D Magic Spectacular with some of the world's greatest and most shocking magic performances, and a whole heap of 3D films. Get your glasses and get involved!

Derren Brown Presents The 3D... ...Magic Spectacular: Leading performers dazzle the audience with incredible trickery, while amazing archive footage features performances of some of the world's greatest magic tricks Monday 16 November 10pm

Flesh For Frankenstein As part of Channel 4's week of 3D programmes, the 3D version of Paul Morrissey's macabre, wacky 70s take on the Frankenstein story, starring Udo Kier and Joe Dallesandro.
This is the story of Baron Frankenstein's desire to create a super-race of humans by making the perfect man and woman from bits of other corpses. Their sole purpose will be to procreate and literally give birth to his dream. He needs a brain to make them function and soon finds what appear to be the perfect victims. Wednesday 18 November 12:40am

Friday the 13th Part III in 3D Jason Voorhees is back from the dead to wreak havoc again, this time on a group of friends camping at the woods. Rumoured to be the child that drowned at Crystal Lake 30 years ago, Jason is seeking revenge for his premature death - and sports his now famous hockey mask for the first time. Friday 20 November 10pm

The Greatest Ever 3D Moments reveals the finest, the weirdest and the wackiest 3D moments of all time.
Sporting iconic classics from movies, television and pop videos, the show includes scenes dating back to the 1950s, and the birth of 3D, through to the latest technologically advanced 3D spectaculars of the Noughties, featuring clips from Creature from the Black Lagoon, Jaws 3D and even Doctor Who.
The Greatest Ever 3D Moments also has interviews with cast and crew who worked on the ten best moments.
Which eye-popping 3D event will take the crown as the best 3D moment ever seen on our screens?
http://www.channel4.com/programmes/themes/3d-week
Rue-morgue Jay
----
----

Post by Rue-morgue Jay »

Screw derrin brown! (not litterally), but friday 13th 3d, and flesh for frank 3d!

giggedy giggedy!

It better have vincent price's 'house of wax' amongst the greatest 3d moments! :x
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

Incidentally, the glasses are free, and obtainable NOW in a big bucket in Sainsburys. Anaglyph; not so much red-green as brown-blue.
http://streetrw.blogspot.com - For all your occasional film rambling needs.
http://twitter.com/streetrw - For when you really need to know what I had for breakfast.

AND NOW: SKYPE!
odishon
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by odishon »

Thanks for pointing this out, I'm a bit of a sad 3D geek and have sat through many a crap film just because I love 3D!

The NFT had a 3D season a few years back which was great. Got to see Friday 13th 3D and the original House Of Wax 3D which has to be one of the best 3D films made.

Can't wait for TV technology to catch up with cinema in respect of 3D. It will only be a matter of years before the best technology is decided upon and it becomes affordable. In fact SKY have said they will be broadcasting some 3D channels within the next year! Of course that would mean new TV, new SKY box etc. Hopefully that lottery win will come through by then :D

For me at the moment you can't beat IMAX DMR 3D for the best effect.

Quite happy to sit at home with my red and blue's on though for a giggle!
Dom
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: Channel 4's 3D WEEK

Post by Dom »

The Greatest Ever 3D Moments reveals the finest, the weirdest and the wackiest 3D moments of all time.
Sporting iconic classics from movies, television and pop videos, the show includes scenes dating back to the 1950s, and the birth of 3D, through to the latest technologically advanced 3D spectaculars of the Noughties, featuring clips from Creature from the Black Lagoon, Jaws 3D and even Doctor Who.
The Greatest Ever 3D Moments also has interviews with cast and crew who worked on the ten best moments.
Which eye-popping 3D event will take the crown as the best 3D moment ever seen on our screens?
HAHAHAHAHA Greatest hahaha ever hahahahaha! Oh my my my how much were they paid for this waste of space advert, I mean television programme? :wink:
giles edwards
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by giles edwards »

Er...no. It's kind of cool, isn't it? I mean, what with 3D about to really break into the mainstream after the slew of animations, Christmas Carol and the upcoming Avatar.

Can't think why Channel 4 *wouldn't* want to innovatively exploit a buzz trend.

And Friday 13th? In 3D? On terrestrial TV? Watershed moment for diehard genre fans. Right. There.
[i]"Would you like to take a closer look ?"[/i]
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

One question: how are the coloured glasses going to help with the Dr Who clips, which were done utilising the Pulfrich effect and not stereoscopic cameras?
http://streetrw.blogspot.com - For all your occasional film rambling needs.
http://twitter.com/streetrw - For when you really need to know what I had for breakfast.

AND NOW: SKYPE!
Payne
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Payne »

I assume it's going to be the scenes with the "void stuff" from the end of season 2, you know the ones with the Dr wearing 3D glasses