Jennifer's Body

Relive the horror of Frightfest 2009
Pumpkin
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Pumpkin »

It was a perfectly decent mainstream horror for teenagers if that makes sense.
Personally, I don't think Diablo Cody is half as clever or witty as she thinks she is and having read some of her thoughts on it I dislike her even more.

I did enjoy it (admittedly more than I thought I would) but I REALLY am still very sad to not have watched Daybreakers :(
EvilAsh
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by EvilAsh »

Wolfshade wrote:oh and I nearly forgot - why did they play "Violet" by Hole over the ending credits? If they were going to pick a Hole song, surely "Jennifer's Body" would have been a better choice......!!!!!!!!!
Because the lyrics to Violet go better with the film... Apparently...
krispyg
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore
Location: Failsworth - it's midway between Oldham and Manchester

Post by krispyg »

In fact why play a Hole song at all??

To be fair the soundtrack was good, anything with White Lies in it is automatically a winner for me *

* Unless its Wrong Turn 3
"With all your superstitions
And empty lines
I could be just like you
Withdrawn but alive"
EvilAsh
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by EvilAsh »

Reanimator wrote:Very mediocre - given the cast this should have been so much better.
Really? Megan Fox cant act shes just a pretty face who just got lucky, same goes for Amanda Seyfried

The film was awful
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

EvilAsh wrote:
Reanimator wrote:Very mediocre - given the cast this should have been so much better.
Really? Megan Fox cant act shes just a pretty face who just got lucky, same goes for Amanda Seyfried

The film was awful
Woah!!! You've obviously not watched Big Love... Amanda is great in that!
[url=http://www.peopleofifrit.net/]Puppy's Blog! Yes Indeed... updated regularly[/url]

[b]Disclaimer:[/b] This post may contain... more than likely contains an idiotic comment, feel free to ignore and move on :D
EvilAsh
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by EvilAsh »

Satans Puppy wrote:
EvilAsh wrote:

The film was awful
Woah!!! You've obviously not watched Big Love... Amanda is great in that!
I'll correct you there I HAVE watched it. The show is good, she isnt - You can tell she grow up on American Soaps as her acting is mediocre
Hello Doris!
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Hello Doris! »

No Amanda is brilliant! Best thing in it. Not as bad as I was expecting, but it did just feel like a Megan Fox wank fest.
If only we were amongst friends... or sane persons!
The Soapmaker
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by The Soapmaker »

I liked it a lot. Could have done with a bit more scary content, but it was a million times better than most mainstream "horror for people who don't like horror" movies.

I'm still not a fan of Megan Fox, but Amanda Seyfried was excellent. And lovely.
Dom
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Dom »

EvilAsh wrote:
Wolfshade wrote:oh and I nearly forgot - why did they play "Violet" by Hole over the ending credits? If they were going to pick a Hole song, surely "Jennifer's Body" would have been a better choice......!!!!!!!!!
The film isn't actually about Jennifer's Body and the lyrics to Violet tie in with the images that we see over the credits.

5/5
Great stuff in a world where Saw films are now the standard. *sigh*
Laymonite
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Laymonite »

I went to see this last night. I thought it was fairly average. Not bad. On the plus side I thought in certain scenes Jennifer looked really creepy. There was some nice gore and a couple of good chuckles ("Am I too big?"). And I'm in the pro-Amanda Seyfried camp, I thought she ws really good in this. And of course Megan Fox looked hot, though I think Amanda Seyfried is nicer looking. And the girl on girl bit was quite horny :twisted:

On the negative side, I never really bought into the relationship between Needy and Jennifer. It needed fleshing out. I can understand the comparison with Ginger Snaps (I was thinking of it myself) but the relationship between the two sisters in that was a lot more convincing and it really made the situation that much more heart wrenching. In this I never really got the impression that Needy really cared about losing her friendship. I put that more down to the writing and direction than the lovely Amanda's performance.

Also I was a bit confused to the exact nature of what was happening to Jennifer. It didn't help that we don't find out what happened to her in the van until way into the film. I mean, was she possessed or did she just become evil? Why did she need to seduce the guys so much? She said she needed them scared, did she need them aroused as well? If so I don't remember it being mentioned. What I'm trying to say is, when she had the boys alone, why did she continue with the seduction? Why not attack them straight away.

And the ending was mightily disappointing. It was making out like it was leading up to a Carrie style high school dance massacre, but it never materialized. The ending (both the scene by the pool and in Jennifer's bedroom) were just a bit drab and lacking in excitement.

And I also thought the scenes in the mental home were crap and, actually, unnecessary.

Despite the cons outweighing the pros here, I still thought it was ok. Sorry, I've gone on a bit.
Bring her to me, you bum. I'll take care of business.
Vampirella
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Vampirella »

Dom wrote:
EvilAsh wrote:
The film isn't actually about Jennifer's Body and the lyrics to Violet tie in with the images that we see over the credits.
I’m a Hole fan and know the lyrics backwards Violet was totally the wrong choice, the lyrics for Jennifer’s Body go better with the whole film
I would rather be hated every damn day of my life for being real than loved for being something I'm not...
Dom
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Dom »

Vampirella wrote:
Dom wrote:
EvilAsh wrote: Because the lyrics to Violet go better with the film... Apparently...
I’m a Hole fan and know the lyrics backwards Violet was totally the wrong choice, the lyrics for Jennifer’s Body go better with the whole film
Again, Violet is only there for the images we see at the end of the film. "When they get what they want they never want it again".
They got what they wanted and got completely fucked up. :twisted:
Vampirella
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Vampirella »

Dom wrote:
Vampirella wrote:
Dom wrote: The film isn't actually about Jennifer's Body and the lyrics to Violet tie in with the images that we see over the credits.
Again, Violet is only there for the images we see at the end of the film. "When they get what they want they never want it again".
Yes I get the song goes with those pictures but why not use the song Diablo Cody claims she played on repeat while writing the script in to the film?
I would rather be hated every damn day of my life for being real than loved for being something I'm not...
Dom
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Dom »

Vampirella wrote:
Dom wrote:
Vampirella wrote: I’m a Hole fan and know the lyrics backwards Violet was totally the wrong choice, the lyrics for Jennifer’s Body go better with the whole film
Yes I get the song goes with those pictures but why not use the song Diablo Cody claims she played on repeat while writing the script in to the film?
You'll probably find they couldn't afford both and the song they really wanted was Violet. Jennifer's Body was too obvious and not as essential I guess.

Pulp Fiction. For the rape scene Tarantino originally planned to use One Step Beyond by Madness but then changed his mind and went for Comanche by The Revels instead.
Loup-garou
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Loup-garou »

Really enjoyed this, the most fun film of the allnighter for me (and even more fun second time around a couple of weeks later when it wasn't the wrong side of midnight). Great script and fine performances, even from Megan Fox who I'd just about given up on after Transformers 2. If they have to do a Buffy remake (and I'd MUCH rather they didn't) this is the team that should handle it.