Thanks for the ride, sir.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
PeterPan
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Re: GLASGOW FRIGHTFEST FEB 2010

Post by PeterPan »

I met the fantastic Stewart Gandy outside HHH on my first day after losing my phone the night before. He lent me his phone and spotted me lunch and beer in the pub after knowing him 5 minutes. He also introduced me to a bunch of the best people ever. My seat mate was Laymonite and after 5 days we were great pals. I've also developed great friendships with Ghouldrool and Mr Bill. Not to mention Soulmining, Lupogirl and many others. The friendliest festival ever. In my experience anyhow. :D
"The little pissed Welsh tit is here. And pissed"
macready
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by macready »

Yeah, I have to add my comments, FF is a very friendly festival. I knew absolutely nobody first time I went to London in 2007 apart from vaguely knowing where to go to bump into Dan & Ben from the Mondo Movie podcast (who I'd never met in the flesh). I've never had any problems chatting to people, and even though my location means I rarely speak to anyone between fests due to my location (and I'm terrible at posting/emailing regularly), I don't have many problems picking things up on my return...

Well, this is the final countdown. I'm off to Malaga tomorrow ready for my flight into Glasgow on Thursday. I hope the Travelodge remains in one piece by the end of my first ever Glasgow FF, but sounds like that might not happen? It should be an interesting experience, I'm sure.
ed_eat_world
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by ed_eat_world »

Can’t wait for friday! Work couldn’t be going any slower.
This will be my third full event and have to agree it is one of the friendliest events I have been to. Had come every Monday for a couple of years until last summer when I did my first full weekend. Ended up sitting next to a guy who was also on his own and has been a great cinema buddy ever since.
Have to admit the one in summer was so massive I didn’t really have much of a chance to mingle properly with the regulars until meeting a fair few in the phoenix on the Sunday night.
Was great seeing Bill again at the Halloween all-nighter, and meeting Pete, although I don’t think he’d remember from earlier on in the night. The morning after when I was saying bye to Bill we were introduced again and he was surprised to hear his snoring could definitely be heard from the back of the room hah.
Thanks to the amazing picture of a certain Miss George from the summer I know exactly who puppy is but didn’t have a chance to say ello at Halloween. Hopefully this will be amended at the weekend – not sure about Gordon but I’m definitely up for The Crazies on Saturday aswell. (hangover permitting)
Hopefully will be posting a bit more in the run up – and after the festival. Currently putting together a warm-up marathon for tonight/tomorrow to get myself even more in the mood for the weekend.
Hope you’re all good
ed
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

Thats it finished work till monday and about to start packing tonight,as we make our road trip to Glasgow in the early hours of tomorrow morning aiming to be in Glasgow around the early afternoon unpacked,sightseeing shopping,and making the most of the time there.

cant wait,will try and get to see as much as possible and a gig too. :D look forward to seeing everyone
"Time To Nut Up Or Shut Up"
voor
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by voor »

In Glasgow tomorrow sometime around midday - got Zero Focus at 18.00 as part of the festival and planning to do a double bill on Friday Morning.

Other than that anyone around and want to have a drink, let us know.

All the best

Voor
Rue-morgue Jay
----
----

Post by Rue-morgue Jay »

The suitcase is packed, clothes are laid out on bed, passport and flight details whereabouts are known. Glasgow, i'm ready for ya yer iron bru loving BASTARDS!
Malky
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Malky »

Rue-morgue Jay wrote:The suitcase is packed, clothes are laid out on bed, passport and flight details whereabouts are known. Glasgow, i'm ready for ya yer iron bru loving BASTARDS!
It's Irn-Bru ya Lilt loving jessie
krispyg
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore
Location: Failsworth - it's midway between Oldham and Manchester

Post by krispyg »

My suit case is not packed, as is the norm for FF events it will be a do it in the morning job, a select range of my finest clothes, some smellies and a bottle opener.

That should do it.
"With all your superstitions
And empty lines
I could be just like you
Withdrawn but alive"
feggie
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by feggie »

Very excited, work is finished for the weekend and frightfest is getting nearer.

Only things left to do now are
1. go see Bad Lieutenant port of call new orleans tonight at the gft
2. wait in tomorrow morning to get my girlfriends roller skates that she ordered.
3. big food during the day to last the whole night
4. go to mark millar Q and A and grab my frightfest seat.

then yay FRIGHTFEST
mike108
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by mike108 »

danny dyer was on my flight into glasgow, special guest maybe?
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

mike108 wrote:danny dyer was on my flight into glasgow, special guest maybe?
DANNY DYER?!?! Chris at Podcastdoors will be so jealous... Will he thump me if I ask for a photo? Danny... not chris!! lol
[url=http://www.peopleofifrit.net/]Puppy's Blog! Yes Indeed... updated regularly[/url]

[b]Disclaimer:[/b] This post may contain... more than likely contains an idiotic comment, feel free to ignore and move on :D
feggie
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by feggie »

He's got an appearance at a club somewhere up here tomorrow i think.
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

feggie wrote:He's got an appearance at a club somewhere up here tomorrow i think.
Someone tell chris smith and Jake West to ge thim on the phone!! lol

Can I just say now...DAMN Twitter API limit REACHED AGAIN!!
[url=http://www.peopleofifrit.net/]Puppy's Blog! Yes Indeed... updated regularly[/url]

[b]Disclaimer:[/b] This post may contain... more than likely contains an idiotic comment, feel free to ignore and move on :D
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »