GLASGOW FRIGHTFEST FEB 2010

The movies of 2010 still live
feggie
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Re: GLASGOW FRIGHTFEST FEB 2010

Post by feggie »

Bloody hell puppy can you not just stand up and admit you are a twitaddict?

Not overly bothered about Danny Dyer would be interesting to see how he would be received by a Frightfest audience.
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

I
feggie wrote:Bloody hell puppy can you not just stand up and admit you are a twitaddict?

Not overly bothered about Danny Dyer would be interesting to see how he would be received by a Frightfest audience.
Chris Smith and Jake West at SFX weekender really stood up for the bloke. I like him, he's a geeezah as rufus just texted me.

Would he hurt me if I asked for a photo? lol
[url=http://www.peopleofifrit.net/]Puppy's Blog! Yes Indeed... updated regularly[/url]

[b]Disclaimer:[/b] This post may contain... more than likely contains an idiotic comment, feel free to ignore and move on :D
feggie
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by feggie »

I've enjoyed him whenever i've watched him on soccer am.
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

Any chance a forum mod can make us a 2010 frightfest film discussion board pls?
Thanks for the ride, sir.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
Rue-morgue Jay
----
----

Post by Rue-morgue Jay »

Oh my unholy god! do i ever believe in karma!

What a weekend i had!

the good:

seeing all those lovely films, including amer. or as i call it: what the blue hell is going on?

meeting up with friends old (jason, kevin rachael, ian + laura) and new (peterpan, sarah jane, dean learner from the rue morgue boards etc)
getting high-jacked by paul to do an interview! :D i can't be mad at him really, can i?
winning the jackpot(£70) in a fruit machine in a YATES bar! (i thought i was gonna die!)

and the bad:

almost losing my flight details saturday!
my FLIGHT getting cancelled sunday ANYWAY and having to pay £62.70 to go on BRITISH AIRWAYS!
Landing at northern terminal, when train station is at SOUTHERN terminal!
no train to reigate!
the infomation guy leaving us behind at the bus depot, but failing to mention there were TWO buses for overflow!

apart from that, it was fun! :D
jerichodark
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by jerichodark »

Great weekend and lineup.

Splice and REC 2 were standouts although I had some issues with the last 15 minutes or so of Splice. Loved Frozen too.

Amer was like an especially long advertisement for something I would never want to buy.
Simon1836
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Simon1836 »

GREAT weekend!! Stand-outs for me were FROZEN and AMER.
fandango
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by fandango »

new to the board. Hi all.

1st FF for me this weekend :D . Absolutely loved it. Personal highlights were Frozen and Rec2.

Frozen: loved it. if this doesn't get a cinema release then there is no justice.

2001 maniacs:FOS: walked out after 20 minutes. inept.

Stag Night: really want to like this film more. some lovely cinematography and shot selection. it's a shame that the look of film was some what wasted on substandard scares, lack of originality and terrible, terrible 'baddies' . all in all not a relly bad low budget flick, but had a nagging feeling of 'what if'.

Amer: left me cold. looked lovely at times, but then so do the city shots on 'the apprentice', horses for courses I suppose. not for me. cracking soundtrack though.

Rec2: the opening 40 minutes is up there with some of the best cinema i've seen in recent years. tight as a drum, brilliant sound and editing, exocet missile pacing with top acting and fx. couldn't quite live upto the opening, but the rest of the film was still class.

splice: mental (in a good way). liked it. great cgi too.

Harpoon: the hills have eyes on a boat. liked this alot more than i thought i would. really funny in places, with some cracking shots and set ups. will be really keen to see directors future films.
Scrof the Return
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Scrof the Return »

Great weekend. Not been to the Glasgow event since the first one (5 years ago). Seemed to be a lot more people here this time which is great.

Standouts for me were Frozen, REC 2 and Splice.
Amer I found disappointing but probably because I was expecting a more straightforward homage to the giallo rather than a virtually dialogue free montage of the elements that added a distinctive style to those films. Sorry, didn't do much for me I'm afraid.

Reykjavik Whale Watching Massacre and Stag Night were great splattery choices for the late night slots, although I found the frantic overfast edits in the latter during the attack scenes both annoying and confusing. Deathline remains the definitive "underground" movie.

I'd a long train journey to and from Sheffield but it was well worth it. Hope to be back next year (and August in London, of course). Thanks to everyone who took time out to chat to me.
Rachel - hope you're feeling better!
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

Yeah I had a fantastic weeked which was as much thanks to the great group of friends developed from the Frightfest community as much as the actual festival this year.

Best movies for me were Splice and Rec2. And the crazies which we went to see sat morning hehe.

Good movies: Frozen, Harpoon, Amer

Meh: 2001 maniacs

Rubbish: Lizards in a womans skin, Stag night.. the first and only movie to actually make me feel like puking from motion sickness.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
rach
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by rach »

I had a good weekend overall although I have decided I am really not a fan of Glasgow.
But, I didn't enoy it as much as last year, there didn't seem to be much of a vibe?! Might have been just me though :)
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

:(

It's been the best Glasgow FF of the last 3 years for me.. I was all vibed up! :D

No not in that way
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
krispyg
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore
Location: Failsworth - it's midway between Oldham and Manchester

Post by krispyg »

No comment.... :lol:

Rach, is that cos of a smaller sized audience do you think?
"With all your superstitions
And empty lines
I could be just like you
Withdrawn but alive"
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

STV reviews GFF...

DAY 1

DAY 2
Fortunately it turned out that the day was centred around three movies that are among the finest I’ve seen of any genre this year, all enormously different in tone...
macready
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by macready »

I enjoyed it immensely, especially since I managed to meet up with a lot of you for post-movie drinks! Movies of the fest for me were Frozen and [REC] 2, but overall it was a decent bunch of movies - even the worst movies were mediocre rather than downright bad! Self plug: I have my full reviews here if anyone's interested...

See you all in August!