SPLICE

The movies of 2010 still live
daveroughcut
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Re: SPLICE

Post by daveroughcut »

Just had a revelation that Dren turns into The Creeper at the end!

Maybe next time the shocking sex scene will be in REC 3 where someone does the possessed thing in the loft. Oh no i've started it now...
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

Looks like you guys saw a unique cut of Splice:
Natali Back in the Editing Room for Splice Cuts

Source: Fangoria March 5, 2010

Reports were confirmed earlier this week that the thinking man's creature feature Splice, directed by Cube's Vincenzo Natali, was picked up by Warner Bros. and Joel Silver's Dark Castle. Alas, this is still not the end of Natali's ten-year journey with the film.

The director tells Fangoria he's heading back to the editing room.

"You're going to see a slightly nipped-and-tucked version," he says. "I'm actually going into the editing room next week, and if they’re true to their word, it's just going to be cosmetic. It really comes down to Joel. He loves the movie and actually enjoys the parts that would scare most producers away. He's being very courageous releasing this. There are also a few things I'm changing after seeing the film with an audience. I believe what will come out of it will be a new and improved cut, but in essence, it'll be the same film."
http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/to ... p?id=14380

-- Includes link to Fangoria interview.
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

Aww what a shame.
Thanks for the ride, sir.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Alex J »

Reasonable enough, although it took a long time to reach the predictable outcome, which then seemed to be over very quickly. Some good production values and a reasonably well told story, but I felt they could have broadened and extended the scope of Dren's activities in the final act. Unfortunately, the story wasn't very original - I felt like I had seen a very similar story many times before. I'm also not sure all of the laughs were intentional..... 7.5 / 10
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

So this is officially out now... I really enjoyed it... Is anyone going again after Glasgow? Maybe they can spot some differences :)
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

I've got this and toy story 3 on sunday
[url=http://www.peopleofifrit.net/]Puppy's Blog! Yes Indeed... updated regularly[/url]

[b]Disclaimer:[/b] This post may contain... more than likely contains an idiotic comment, feel free to ignore and move on :D
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

Currently on Studio Canal
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey