so has anyone decided what film's they're gonna watch yet?

The movies of 2010 still live
big red monster
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

so has anyone decided what film's they're gonna watch yet?

Post by big red monster »

im very close to finalising my lineup so here goes the majority of it. (thursday) hatchet 2. primal. dead cert. (friday) burning bright. either texas chainsaw or the clinic. tobe hooper q&a. isle of dog's. F. red hill. alien vs ninja. (saturday) cherry tree lane. the tortured. 13 hour's. I spit on your grave. monster's. dream home. (sunday) the pack. andy nyman's quiz from hell & the short film showcase with celebrity panel woo hoo lol. we are what we are. either kaboom or amer. a serbian film. the loved one's. (monday) video nastie's: moral panic, cenorship & videotape. after.life. fanboy's. red white & blue. the last exorcism. so just gotta decide which two out of the four film's I wanna see out of texas chainsaw massacre/the clinic & kaboom/amer but it being frightfest film's could be subject to change but that is pretty much my list done what is your's?
ive come here to chew bubblegum & kick ass & im all out of bubblegum!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mondodan
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Re: so has anyone decided what film's they're gonna watch yet?

Post by mondodan »

I'm going to play it by ear I think - see what I'm in the mood for that day! There are obviously some must-sees (Serbian Film, Amer, Cherry Tree Lane, the Hooper interview), but last year I enjoyed looking at the disco screen line-up each morning and deciding which I was going to get tickets for.

The other issue is that I became a first-time dad a few weeks back so although I have a weekend ticket, I don't think I'm going to get away with disappearing for the full 5 days! I don't want to get my heart set on seeing a particular film only to find that family duties call that day...
big red monster
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

sound's like a smart idea brov & congratulation's been told it's one of the best feeling's in the world so deffo congrat's. im really looking forward to this year's frightfest they've apparently got some real gem's lined up for us so roll on the 26th. you going to the adam green doublebill or is there no chance of the missus releasing you for that lol.
ive come here to chew bubblegum & kick ass & im all out of bubblegum!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mondodan
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by mondodan »

big red monster wrote: you going to the adam green doublebill or is there no chance of the missus releasing you for that lol.
Haha, no... as much as I'd love to, I think that will be pushing it a bit too far!! Gonna save all my permission slips for the weekend itself. Shame, looks like a great night!
Wolfshade
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Wolfshade »

gonna watch all the main screen stuff apart from Eggshells, Tobe Hooper thing and probably the short film showcase (which i plan on skipping for Burning Bright, Finale, and Outcast in the Discovery screen as long as i can get tickets), and Aliens Vs Ninjas and Dream Home, which i plan on going home instead of staying up for, may see them but it's not likely.
kimblebee
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by kimblebee »

I've pretty much decided what I'm going to watch, and it's not far removed from bigredmonster's list! (except Amer and A Serbian Film), but really looking forward to some of the more fun, mental ones (Alien v Ninja, Hatchet 2, Burning Bright) :-)
big red monster
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

@ kimblebee ive notice you aint watching a serbian film ive heard many fucked up thing's about that film im gonna watch it because ive got a strong stomach but there's one scene I def wont be watching let's just say ive heard it's disturbing beyond all comprehension I predict people will walk out on that scene I wont be watching that particular scene without a doubt. overall im looking forward to the whole event they've got some gem's lined up for us so ive been told & you recommend alien vs ninja?
Maniacal
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Maniacal »

From my brief conversation with Alan before The final started he mentioned a few words on A Serbian Film. One thing that stuck out was this phrase "It isn't about what you see, it's what you think you've seen." And i shall leave it at that.

Twitter: _grimgringhost
Facebook: Maniacal2011
big red monster
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

@ maniacal so it sound's like one of those mind fuck film's then intriguing im still guessing it's gonna be completely messed up though.
rawshark
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by rawshark »

Speaking as someone who has seen Serbian, all I will say is that if you have read spoilers as to what scenes are in the film, your imagination will probably be far worse than what is actually shown on screen. However, that's not to say that there aren't scenes containing disturbing imagery in the film.

My advice would be to not read spoilers of what the film contains, as it may well put you off seeing it for the above reasons, and go in 'cold' and with an open-mind. I certainly don't want to elaborate any more than that, other than to say I genuinely think it's an exceptionally well-made film that deserves an audience, especially at a festival like FrightFest...
It's horrible... I love it... What is it?
Marlin
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Marlin »

big red monster wrote:@ kimblebee ive notice you aint watching a serbian film ive heard many fucked up thing's about that film im gonna watch it because ive got a strong stomach but there's one scene I def wont be watching let's just say ive heard it's disturbing beyond all comprehension I predict people will walk out on that scene I wont be watching that particular scene without a doubt. overall im looking forward to the whole event they've got some gem's lined up for us so ive been told & you recommend alien vs ninja?
Kimblebee isn't watching it because she's already seen it :)

I'll pretty much stick with the main screen this year I think. Mr Bill has Burning Bright on screener so i might try and nab that beforehand, and I saw Amer in Glasgow. I was going to skip Alien vs Ninja, but after The Final, Rawshark and Paul assured me it's worth seeing , so I shall go in, despite my reservations...

:)
PeterPan
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by PeterPan »

Marlin wrote:
big red monster wrote:@ kimblebee ive notice you aint watching a serbian film ive heard many fucked up thing's about that film im gonna watch it because ive got a strong stomach but there's one scene I def wont be watching let's just say ive heard it's disturbing beyond all comprehension I predict people will walk out on that scene I wont be watching that particular scene without a doubt. overall im looking forward to the whole event they've got some gem's lined up for us so ive been told & you recommend alien vs ninja?
Kimblebee isn't watching it because she's already seen it :)

I'll pretty much stick with the main screen this year I think. Mr Bill has Burning Bright on screener so i might try and nab that beforehand, and I saw Amer in Glasgow. I was going to skip Alien vs Ninja, but after The Final, Rawshark and Paul assured me it's worth seeing , so I shall go in, despite my reservations...

:)
I am shocked that you're not double dipping on 'Amer' shocked I tells ya.
"The little pissed Welsh tit is here. And pissed"
PeterPan
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by PeterPan »

This is my plan so far. I would appreciate advice from anyone who has seen any of the movies or heard good things about movies that I may be tempted to miss.

Main Empire screen
Thursday 26th August

6.30 - HATCHET II............ definite
9.15 - PRIMAL....................definite
11.15 - DEAD CERT............may give this a miss

Main Empire screen
Friday 27th August

10.15 - EGGSHELLS...................probably Burning Bright
1.00 - TEXAS CHAIN SAW MASSACRE...............torn on this, wanna see the clinic and TCM is quite screamy, with the empire sound system I think I'll be deafened.
3.15 - TOTAL ICON TOBE HOOPER......gotta be there, respect for the man
5.30 - ISLE OF DOGS.....................unsure, Wound in the disco screen but trailer looks a bit pants
7.45 - F.......................definite
9.15 - RED HILL & 11.30 ALIEN VS. NINJA...............may go see Vampire Island, and miss these. Any advice welcome.

Main Empire screen
Saturday 28th August

11.00 - CHERRY TREE LANE.........unsure maybe Christopher Roth
1.15 - THE TORTURED....................Fanboys???
3.15 - 13 HRS..........................After Life???
6.30 - I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE...........yep
9.00 - MONSTERS..................yep
11.30 - DREAM HOME..............yep

Main Empire screen
Sunday 29th August

11.00 - THE PACK..........................yep
1.00 - ANDY NYMAN'S QUIZ FROM HELL
+ FILM4 FRIGHTFEST INTERNATIONAL
SHORT FILM SHOWCASE.......................yep
4.00 - WE ARE WHAT WE ARE................yep
6.30 - KABOOM..........god no and Amer in the other screen. Geez. Time for a nice dinner somewhere.
9.00 - A SERBIAN FILM.................yep
11.30 - THE LOVED ONES................yep

Main Empire screen
Monday 30th August

11.15 - VIDEO NASTIES: MORAL PANIC,
CENSORSHIP AND VIDEOTAPE..................yep
1.15 - THE DEAD..............yep
3.30 - BEDEVILLED..........unsure. Kinda want to see FanBoys. Is it any good?
6.30 - RED WHITE & BLUE............yep
9.00 - THE LAST EXORCISM............yep
kimblebee
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by kimblebee »

I think I'm gonna see Fanboys when Bedevilled is on...

and perhaps The Clinic instead of one of the others, but I can't remember what it's showing against (not TCM, the other one)...
PeterPan
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by PeterPan »

kimblebee wrote:I think I'm gonna see Fanboys when Bedevilled is on...

and perhaps The Clinic instead of one of the others, but I can't remember what it's showing against (not TCM, the other one)...
'A Serbian Film' is against the other showing of 'The Clinic'. I gotta see that movie. I just hope it doesn't make me feel like I did when I watched 'Irreversible'. :shock: