what dvds are we buying?

Get to know the forumites, come and say Hello. Chat music, books, tv or games.
rawshark
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Re: what dvds are we buying?

Post by rawshark »

Was soo tempted to pick up Watchmen at the weekend, but I'm still waiting to see if they do an integrated cut with options to view the animation within the feature (which I heard they were planning at one stage..)

So, instead I got Mesrine Parts 1 and 2 on Blu-ray instead - which I haven't seen yet and very much looking forward to checking out this week...
It's horrible... I love it... What is it?
Melvin Junko
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Melvin Junko »

For a tenner in CEX:

Foxy Brown
Shark Attack
Shark Attack 2
Dawn of the living dead
Ghosts of Mars
The Defender
My science project
You can't do nothing right, Cooper! You stupid sonofabitch! You should have been destroyed at birth! That's what I get for teaming up with a hippie!
Bearded Avenger
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Bearded Avenger »

I decided to stop buying DVD's a while back, other than ones I was particularly after. I still have a pile of unwatched DVD's that I bought at FF 3 years ago. In fact half time when I do buy a DVD it's so I can lend it to other people.

However did by a couple of cheap TV boxed sets recently: the IT Crowd series 1 - 3 and Psychoville. Plus the Homicide:Life on the Street Complete Boxed Set (not so cheap).

Loved White Lightnin' so bought it for £4.99 and will force it upon a couple of peoplw who I suspect'll find it right up their street, but would never have watched it otherwise.
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

rawshark wrote:Was soo tempted to pick up Watchmen at the weekend, but I'm still waiting to see if they do an integrated cut with options to view the animation within the feature (which I heard they were planning at one stage..)

So, instead I got Mesrine Parts 1 and 2 on Blu-ray instead - which I haven't seen yet and very much looking forward to checking out this week...
they have indeed released an integrated cut,in a sweet boxset,the ultimate cut watchmen the complete story,its a limited number produced and comes complete with the motion comic disc.
its worth having as an addition to the watchmen film,but sits nicely with the directors cut if you dont want to watch close to a 4 hour film all the time.
"Time To Nut Up Or Shut Up"
trixybella
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by trixybella »

What dvds are you buying?!

Hopefully mine! :D
Have you heard of my friends capital letter and comma?

No? Well perhaps you should try them sometime... correct usage will do wonders for your social life.
Melvin Junko
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Melvin Junko »

expanded my Massimiliano Cerchi (aka Al Passeri) collection with the following:

Carnage Road
Holy Terror/ Hellinger
You can't do nothing right, Cooper! You stupid sonofabitch! You should have been destroyed at birth! That's what I get for teaming up with a hippie!
Melvin Junko
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Melvin Junko »

Toxic Avenger 3

little Japanese shopping spree on amazon:

Vampire girl vs Frankenstein girl
Hard revenge Milly 1 and 2
Dororo
Female prisoner scorpion trilogy
Sasori
Melvin Junko
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Melvin Junko »

Chanbara Beauty
Female Combatants Battle School / Demonic Heroine in Peril (Japanese weirdness)
Melvin Junko
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Melvin Junko »

Demons
Dead or Alive (these two mysteriousle dissapeard from my dvd collection so bought them again)
Xtro 1 &2
The Howling 5 &6
Dead Creatures
Nutty Nut
Fearless
world_of_skin
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by world_of_skin »

Splinter
Trailer Park of Terror
Eden Lake
Switchblade Romance
Broken
Them
The Children
Dance of the Dead
Isolation

All from Trixybella :D
"But what if one of you is the monster?"
"Monster? We're *British*, you know..."
deadboxoffice
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by deadboxoffice »

Well, I got a few bargains off Amazon that just arrived in the post today!

Psycho, The Birds, The Mummy (Karloff one), Creature from the Black Lagoon, Godzilla (original) & Godzilla vs. Megagodzilla... :lol: Just had to buy that one after seeing it reviewed on Cinemassacre!! All these for just over £20 - thought that was pretty good value.
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDeadBoxOffice <------- my Horror Movie Reviews
xBIGJOEx
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by xBIGJOEx »

I have become addicted to finding bargains on amazon maketplace, recently got the exorcist antholgy, omen pentology, and romero's trilogy of the dead boxsets for a few quid each.
You're scared of mice and spiders, but oh-so-much greater is your fear that one day the two species will cross-breed to form an all-powerful race of mice-spiders, who will immobilize human beings in giant webs in order to steal cheese.
world_of_skin
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by world_of_skin »

'Pentology' is a great word, it has to be said...
"But what if one of you is the monster?"
"Monster? We're *British*, you know..."
BabyJaneHudson
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by BabyJaneHudson »

I recently bought THE CHASER which I saw at FFest for a fiver at HMV, but after looking for the original series of The Fantastic 4 (1978) and seeing it in HMV for nearly £20 to then find exactly the same thing on amazon for £11.99 and also finding out that all the Doctor Who DVDs are much cheaper online too, its online dvd buying from now on.

Seeds Of Doom (Tom Baker) is my next purchase and is available soon. Yippee :D
BLANCHE: You wouldn't be able to do these awful things to me if I weren't still in this chair!

BABYJANE: BUT YOU ARE BLANCHE! YOU ARE IN THAT CHAIR!
Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Kris »

Not much this month, Bloody Mary and Hit And Run which parodies so many previous horror films in a totally unintentional way. Good in a bad kind of way

Gonna see what I can pick up whilst in America

Also, anyone with a knowledge of blurays, if I bought blu ray discs whilst in the US, would I be able to play them on a UK player (what I want for christmas).

Mr Puppy and for those of you with some technical expertise, help me out with this.
Horror fan and avid tea drinker, to discuss the merits of all of the Friday the 13th movies over a nice cup of Assam. Contributor to http://www.realreelscares.com