LoveFilm (60 day trial)

Chat here about anything horror related. Be it movies, news, remakes or events.
Pukka
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

LoveFilm (60 day trial)

Post by Pukka »

Hi guys
Just spotted this code on another site: NQGQB4WTN

It works too, joined up yesterday. I didn't think they'ed let me use another code as I tried this trail out only a few months back. This is cool cause now I can catch up on all those movies I seem to have missed out on recently.

Anyone recommend a few more for my rental list? So far I've added...
Cut
Bear
Blood River
Left Bank
Harpoon
High Lane
Merantau Warrior
Force of Five
2001 Maniacs:Field of Screams
Somebody Help Me
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Re: LoveFilm (60 day trial)

Post by streetrw »

I've been on there since September 2007, and my rental list currently has 315 titles on it, in several different lists - Genre, Dr Who (Pertwee and Tom Baker only), Action (martial arts), Classics and so on. Saves a fortune on buying obscure movies that you're only ever going to watch the once, and you don't have to find shelf space for them afterwards.

Some of your titles are also on mine, High Lane and Harpoon included. But I wouldn't add Blood River as it's an Adam Mason "film", and I wouldn't add 2001 Maniacs: Field Of Screams because it's not very good. :)

From memory, I'm not sure which titles are that recent as I've mainly been renting older movies.
http://streetrw.blogspot.com - For all your occasional film rambling needs.
http://twitter.com/streetrw - For when you really need to know what I had for breakfast.

AND NOW: SKYPE!
**suzy**
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by **suzy** »

I've been a member of lovefilm since april 2008 and I love them. My husband and i both have our own list so we get to see the films that we both want.
Suzy
xx

twitter - @suzy_bear_
Pukka
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Pukka »

I've been a member on and off for the past couple of years. Never actually paid them a penny. What's the point? Sign up for whichever free trial is going on, with 3 discs at a time, cancel 4-8 weeks later after you've seen everything, wait a few months, repeat :)

Didn't rate Harpoon, of the Crazies remake. Got Inviation Only to watch today.

@streetrw - it's risky (ie might be utter crap) stuff like Blood River that are my main reason for using LoveFilm, otherwise I'd never see these films :)
rawshark
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by rawshark »

Personally I think Blood River is without a doubt Adam Mason's finest work..
Great music, cinematography and acting and a storyline that has a great kick to it..

Really interested in other people's thoughts on this film if they get to see it...
It's horrible... I love it... What is it?
world_of_skin
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by world_of_skin »

**suzy** wrote:I've been a member of lovefilm since april 2008 and I love them. My husband and i both have our own list so we get to see the films that we both want.
What's Lovefilm's reputation like nowadays? I've been with them for quite a few years now but at one point I was getting pretty fed up and wanted to leave - don't think very highly of their customer service. They charged me twice in the same month on two occassions and, both times, I had to get into a real argument in order to get them to refund the money, as both times they tried to insist that it was all perfectly correct!

I remember reading around online quite a lot at the time to see what people were saying about them and it seemed like many were having the same experience.

They seem fine now though, not had anything happen for aaaages.

I hate that so many items on my Lovefilm list have 'long wait' next to them though :(
"But what if one of you is the monster?"
"Monster? We're *British*, you know..."
**suzy**
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by **suzy** »

I haven't had any problems with them but had a go at them for no reason when we went on holiday so did the holiday break thing and asked my housemate to send the DVDs back because I didn't have time. got back and they were still going to charge me so I ended up having a right go at them and then found the DVDs in my housemates room. I just sent them back and hoped that they blamed Royal Mail or something but they did give me a DVD credit about a week later lol
Suzy
xx

twitter - @suzy_bear_
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

I've never had serious problems with them. Very occasionally a title will go astray in the post, and occasionally you'll get a damaged disc: the last one, Gen-X Cops (Hong Kong kungfu hilarity from execprod Jackie Chan) was unplayable but they sent another copy within a week. Most of the trouble I have comes from the movies not being any good, but that's not really their fault.
http://twitter.com/streetrw - For when you really need to know what I had for breakfast.

**suzy**
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by **suzy** »

I've had damaged disk but I've just sent them back in their own envelope and then got another copy in a few days. They are good at getting new disks out as well, When I send them off, I get another lot in about 3 days.
Suzy
xx

twitter - @suzy_bear_
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

Three other points (two pro, one con):

[1] Every so often there are chances to get extra films in addition to your tariff - during the World Cup they'd give you an extra rental if you added eleven films per week to your queue. That's how I'm expecting four films from them this morning. There was also an offer of a free rental if you spent £10 from the retail side, but I don't know if that still operates (and they do tend to be a bit more expensive than Amazon etc).

[2] During big disruptions like the postal strikes, they'll delay your payments by a few days to take account.

[3] There seems to be some problem with recent releases from Universal; you can't get Land Of The Lost or Public Enemies, for example. (Frankly, anything that prevents you watching Land Of The Lost is a good thing, but you know what I mean.)

**suzy**
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by **suzy** »

DO you remember when they did that offer to get an extra DVD where you had to make a Bailey's list in your rental? I did it just for the extra DVD and then deleted it lol
Suzy
xx

twitter - @suzy_bear_
world_of_skin
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by world_of_skin »

My friend said she got an e-mail from Lovefilm the other day telling her that the number of titles on her list was running low and that they recommended she add some more...

She only has a mere 209 DVDs on her list...........

........!
"But what if one of you is the monster?"
"Monster? We're *British*, you know..."
**suzy**
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by **suzy** »

They do like you to have plenty on there so that if they always have something to send you but 209 is enough surely lol I've got over 500 on mine as I keep going on there and finding more I want lol
Suzy
xx

twitter - @suzy_bear_
Pukka
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Pukka »

There's only 9 on mine and I'm not getting any annoying spam telling me to add more, it's not fair, I'm going to complain! :)

There's several reserved though, for titles that aren't out yet.

Still struggling to find stuff to watch... been adding non genre stuff and documentaries.
**suzy**
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by **suzy** »

I started off int he horror and thrillers sections and then went from there. I like getting the boxsets from shows on TV as well. My husband has his own list and keeps moaning that he doesn't get anything off his list and when I looked he had like 4 on there. So I made him sit down and picked films until he had at least 70, that should keep him going for a little while now.
Suzy
xx

twitter - @suzy_bear_