cherry tree lane 'vs' Christopher Roth

The movies of 2010 still live
bernal316
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by bernal316 »

Im only at the event sat and sunday and straight away im faced with a potentaily awkward choice! Im keen on seeing both cherry tree lane AND Christopher Roth but they are both on at the same bloody time!!! So which one do i pick????? Any thoughts?
daveroughcut
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by daveroughcut »

Cherry Tree lane will be in selected screens the week after and then DVD a week after that so you will see it. No idea if Rotten has distro.
Pukka
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: cherry tree lane 'vs' Christopher Roth

Post by Pukka »

Spoilers, well maybe.. :)

I'm torn between these two too. Are you sure Cherry Tree Lane is on dvd a week after it's cinema run? I'm swinging towards this one, although some are saying it's not so good, the off screen violence is a bit off putting to be honest. Can anyone who has seen it confirm that I'm right if I say when the woman is dragged upstairs to be...err whatever.. that this turns out to be a twist and that she actually turned the tables on her attackers, which I guess isn't shown. :)
daveroughcut
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by daveroughcut »

In the official trailer and in the distributors website it is confirmed as cinema Sept 3rd and DVD Sept 13th. It's a movie I've been looking forward to since the director introduced The Cottage at Glasgow. I'm all about Brit horror.
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

Well, I hated The Cottage. But I'm planning on seeing Christoper Roth on the Monday rather than Red White And Blue.
http://streetrw.blogspot.com - For all your occasional film rambling needs.
http://twitter.com/streetrw - For when you really need to know what I had for breakfast.

AND NOW: SKYPE!
daveroughcut
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by daveroughcut »

Good plan don't fancy Red, White and Blue at all.

Splintered is also getting release to cinema and DVD on the same dates.
Pukka
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Pukka »

Yeah, Red White & Blue, not too sure about that either... :)
bernal316
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by bernal316 »

French horror is always far superior to British horror! Its a sweeping generalisation but some of the best films ive ever seen are french, The ordeal, Fronitiers, Matyrs not to mention the celluiod genius that is Switchblade romance :twisted:
kimblebee
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by kimblebee »

I loved Red, White and Blue - I'd definitely recommend it; very chilling and disturbing and set in Texas, so doesn't have a British-made film feel to it...
EvilAsh
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by EvilAsh »

Go see Christopher Roth. Cherry Tree Lane is dull.
iateabee
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by iateabee »

I'm trying to avoid trailers or spoilers (which is making it tricky to choose the films!) but if Noah Taylor's starring in Red White & Blue, it's a lock-in. He's a brilliant, under-rated actor, and I've been waiting for him to get another lead role.
soulmining
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by soulmining »

I'd also recommend seeing Red, White & Blue... although I'll admit it will probably be an audience splitter. I believe Noah Taylor might be along for the screening on Monday too - he currently lives down in Brighton (well, Hove actually...)!
First things first, stay calm.
daveroughcut
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by daveroughcut »

bernal316 wrote:French horror is always far superior to British horror! Its a sweeping generalisation but some of the best films ive ever seen are french, The ordeal, Fronitiers, Matyrs not to mention the celluiod genius that is Switchblade romance :twisted:
No doubt that was not my statement only that I support Brit horror as well. And please don't use that shitty alternative British distribution name, it's Haute Tension or High Tension please.
bernal316
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by bernal316 »

Your right my man! Haute Tension is indeed the true number of the beast. I do support all horror regardless of its origin.