Finale

The movies of 2010 still live
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Finale

Post by jonbly »

Ouch. Confused, pompous and ludicrous. There might be a couple of good ideas in here, but they're buried way too deep.

2/10
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Re: Finale

Post by streetrw »

I was most amused by the idea that it's Argento-esque. Frankly, you need more than a colour and lighting scheme to be Argento-esque; it's got to be in the content as well as the form, and of there is any Argento in the content then the closest is probably Mother Of Tears. It's a bit of a mess overall, though with some interesting moments. Disappointing.
http://streetrw.blogspot.com - For all your occasional film rambling needs.
http://twitter.com/streetrw - For when you really need to know what I had for breakfast.

AND NOW: SKYPE!
Wolfshade
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Wolfshade »

It seems every year at Fright Fest, despite all the awesome films, there's always a contender for the worst film I've ever seen (Shrooms in 07, I Know How Many Runs in 08, Smash Cut in 09), well this was it for this year!

I've never walked out of a film at FF, but this is the closest I've come, and frankly I wish I had! This was just a hideous pretentious incomprehensible mess. I missed the Tobe Hooper interview for this cos I'm not a fan of Q&As, and I've heard that interview wasn't great, but now I wish I'd gone cos no way can it have been as bad as sitting through Finale. Absolutely diabolical.
nagelfar
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by nagelfar »

As for all the negativity this one wasn't THAT bad.
Yes, the story was a mess, yes, some of the actors and dialogs where laughable but the whole atmosphere worked quite well for me. I liked how they mixed old school filmmaking, camera angles and colors (Argento or not I don't really care) with sort of a new look, especially when the demon went around killing people. The idea with mirrors/shining surfaces while not new worked well enough and the scene where everyone is sitting around the dinner table in a house without cutlery and covered in blotches of black paint was hilarious. I also liked, that almost every scene contained something red, gimmicky perhaps but well executed.
6/10
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Alex J »

Agree that this wasn't that bad. A supernatural devil-worshipping tale that had some interesting ideas and some good scenes, but overall it didn't really hang together. Intriguing and with some good deaths, but it was somewhat predictable and there was some really stupid behaviour on display by the characters. 6 / 10
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.