What was Eli Roth like?

The movies of 2010 still live
chuckie steel
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

What was Eli Roth like?

Post by chuckie steel »

I could not make monday and would have loved to meet Eli and get some shit signed but I have heard he can be a bit of a dick, which Im sure is the case with anyone but can anyone let meknow what he was like, did they chat with him?
DROP LIKE A HEAD CHOP!
markR
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Re: What was Eli Roth like?

Post by markR »

He speaks really well, a lot more articulate than Tobe Hooper anyway. I felt he was taking over the whole show. I understand he is a biggest name connected to the movie (Last Exorcism) and he's the producer, but I would have rathered he let the director talk a lot more than he did. Highlight was Patrick Fabian doing his "banana bread" preach!
The Soapmaker
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by The Soapmaker »

He was wearing a very smart suit. For an alarming moment I thought the film was going to be introduced by John Barrowman.
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

As for signings, it was a one-item-per-person deal for the cast and crew - not sure if he stuck around after that.
The Aylmer
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by The Aylmer »

sherbetbizarre wrote:As for signings, it was a one-item-per-person deal for the cast and crew - not sure if he stuck around after that.
You need to slightly rephrase that Jason. You mean it was a "same-item-per-person deal for the cast and crew". If you gave Roth the dvd sleeve to Cabin Fever then everyone else had to sign that as well. You weren't allowed to give them something else, like the programme for example!
GeorgeCaplin
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by GeorgeCaplin »

The Soapmaker wrote:He was wearing a very smart suit. For an alarming moment I thought the film was going to be introduced by John Barrowman.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
chuckie steel
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by chuckie steel »

I thought he may hang about, I was at Frightfest when Cabin Fever played and really liked what he was saying in his introduction video message and have all ways wanted to say yo to him as of that really
DROP LIKE A HEAD CHOP!
Pestilence
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Pestilence »

He was extremely friendly and well spoken, as were all of the TLE guests.
world_of_skin
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by world_of_skin »

I'll admit that I definitely wasn't giving the Q&A my full attention and I was beyond knackered by that point too, but I remember thinking that Eli Roth came across as needlessly defensive in some of his answers (for all the wrong reasons, that is)? I got the impression that he feels quite high and mighty - a bit 'I shouldn't have to justify anything to the likes of you lot'! His answer to the question about why they used music for example - others do it so why shouldn't they? That's not exactly selling it to us, is it? Talk about a lazy answer... He should've tried to convince us that it was the right choice for the film, not essentially told us that he just knew they'd be able to get away with doing it!

Now awaiting a reply to tell me that I zoned out during the second part of his answer to that question... :roll: Think the aforementioned question was when I decided now would be a good time to start tidying up the contents of my bag, so, yeah, I might not have been paying attention! Please correct me if I missed any good answers.

The film itself was a disappointment for me too, so when I felt that Mr Roth wasn't that bothered about the Q&A, considering he seemed to want to completely dominate the stage, I sort of switched off.
"But what if one of you is the monster?"
"Monster? We're *British*, you know..."
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

Lol I got the Barnum ring master feel when he got on stage... I bet he beats midgets into submission in private but he had the appearance of a all round nice guy.
[url=http://www.peopleofifrit.net/]Puppy's Blog! Yes Indeed... updated regularly[/url]

[b]Disclaimer:[/b] This post may contain... more than likely contains an idiotic comment, feel free to ignore and move on :D
daveroughcut
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

What was Eli Roth like?

Post by daveroughcut »

I like his girlfriend. I know that'll get me bashed on here but I do. Sue me.