The Walking Dead TV series

Chat here about anything horror related. Be it movies, news, remakes or events.
Spencer
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: The Walking Dead TV series

Post by Spencer »

this looks soooo much better than all those shitty george romero movies that have been clogging up the toilet lately.
http://twitter.com/roughtradeshops

http://lastblogontheleft2.wordpress.com/
MaxRenn
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by MaxRenn »

kimblebee wrote:
MaxRenn wrote:Sky have just signed a deal with HBO so that all their dramas will be exclusive to Sky in the UK for the next five years, it's rumored they are on the verge of a similar deal with AMC (the cable network behind The Walking Dead and Mad Men). So basically if you haven't got SKY, can't get SKY, or aren't planning to get SKY then it's DVD box sets (or less legit routes) or you won't be watching it at all.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/a86d5544-9ae3 ... ab49a.html
Nooooooooo :-(

Isn't it going to be on FX channel? I looked into how to get it (currently only on FreeView) and I think you can get that channel on some other digital TV packages (TalkTalk, Virgin Media, etc), so not just SKY. But if its not showing on FX anymore, then looks like I'll be missing out :-(
Yeah, it's pretty terrible news for the consumer IMHO. Sky are using the same tactics on drama now they used on sport. If anything it's worse as none of this involves any investment in UK production. The best we can hope for is that it makes UK TV raise it's game in the drama stakes.

Do remember that the AMC deal is an unconfirmed rumour, but the viewing figures on the BBC for Mad Men are small, it will be hard for the corporation to justify increasing the spend to retain it.
There is no delight the equal of dread

http://twitter.com/MaxRenn

http://letterboxd.com/maxrenn/

Blog: http://www.chrisandphilpresent.co.uk/blogs/spectacularoptical/
Maniacal
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Maniacal »

Thank Satan for the the Warez scene.

*Hugs Rapidshare Account*

Twitter: _grimgringhost
Facebook: Maniacal2011
xBIGJOEx
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by xBIGJOEx »

I just hope it gets shown in HD
You're scared of mice and spiders, but oh-so-much greater is your fear that one day the two species will cross-breed to form an all-powerful race of mice-spiders, who will immobilize human beings in giant webs in order to steal cheese.
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

New Empire says
The Walking Dead airs on FX from late October.
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey
iateabee
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by iateabee »

There's a full trailer available now. It looks rather delicious.

http://horror.break.com/the-walking-dea ... nally-here
ed.
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by ed. »

http://walkingdead.fxuk.com/

amazing news.
We are very pleased to announce that those attending Frightfest this Monday (30th August) will get a very special treat indeed.

At 3.30pm, at London’s Empire Cinema, Andrew Lincoln (who plays Rick Grimes of course) will introduce in person a special ten minute ‘featurette’. This has been specially put together for the festival and will include our trailer, filmed interviews with the cast and perhaps most exciting of all the first scene from episode one of ‘The Walking Dead’. This will be one of the first times anyone in the world will have seen anything from the show. We are really excited to be able to show this so early.

For those of you not in the know FRIGHTFEST is the UK’s premiere fantasy and horror film festival. Now in its eleventh year, each August thousands of genre fans gather together in the heart of London’s West End at the prodigious Empire Cinema for five packed days of premieres, previews, personal appearances, signings and surprises. It’s a really fantastic event but this, though, has to be the highlight of the weekend (if we do say so ourselves!)

Weekend tickets are sold out but there may be same day tickets for the Monday left. It’s best to check at the official Frightfest website http://www.frightfest.co.uk/

The FXUK team hope to see some of you there.
this along with news that there will be something walking dead related in the goodie bags. goddamn I am excited.
xBIGJOEx
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by xBIGJOEx »

oh man!!!! so jealous wish i had a weekend pass even more now! HUGE fan of the walking Dead comics
You're scared of mice and spiders, but oh-so-much greater is your fear that one day the two species will cross-breed to form an all-powerful race of mice-spiders, who will immobilize human beings in giant webs in order to steal cheese.
ed.
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by ed. »

will post a blow by blow account of the one of a kind, never to be repeated preview on here, and can show off whatever it is in the goodie bag at the weekend if that helps?

EDIT: that felt mean just typing that joe. but it's going to be AWESOME.
xBIGJOEx
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by xBIGJOEx »

oh Ed you are a mean mean man....... but yeah tell me all the details.....
xBIGJOEx
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by xBIGJOEx »

how was the walking dead footage people i am dying to know
satanslittlehelper
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by satanslittlehelper »

It looks awesome! The footage show was Rick waking up in hospital and approaching the "don't open, dead inside" doors. Shirt and sweet but oh so creepy and tense. I can't wait for it.

Cool WD mug in the goodie bag too!
"If you were the only suspect in a senseless bloodbath - would you be standing in the horror section?"
xBIGJOEx
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by xBIGJOEx »

sounds awsome i sam so excited for this and did i mention how jealous i am of you all?!
ed.
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by ed. »

Ah looks like I was beaten to it, and I rushed to the computer this morning to do it Joe!

the footage shown was 3 segments put together by FX joined by some comic graphics, the camera moved between frames of the comic and all the text used was in the comic's font.

The first segment was the trailer I'm sure you've seen by now.

The second segment was a meet the characters bit, with the XX's Crystallised playing over the top. Looking at just the heads of the cast, it really is spot on, everyone looks just like the characters in the comic.
Everyone describes who they play and a bit of blah blahing. Then a group murmur of 'we are the walking dead'
Then each of the cast runs through what makes a good show 'script', 'characters', 'story', 'Frank Darabont', 'FX'

then it was onto an exclusive never seen before clip. Taken from the first episode, not the opening scene as I they show Rick getting shot and the car accident in the trailer. It is Rick waking up in the hospital bed, looking at the flowers on the bedside table next to him which have been dead some time. calling out for the nurse, he rips his IV out and takes his Oxygen off, tries to get out of bed and falls to the floor, knocking over his monitors. More shouts for a nurse. He stumbles to the bathroom, looks into the mirror (he looks like shit) splashed water on his face and leaves the room into the corridor. Out in the hallway he approaches a set of double doors in the hospital with a flickering light on the other side, a body is lying on the floor in the next corridor and we get a look at the awesome practical effects that will be in use on the show. The body has been completely eaten. Really only the face left recognisable, a few bits of flesh on the bones and abdomen but it really has been torn apart, no hope of it becoming the undead. Or walking anyway.
Rick turns and walks down the corridor away from it (looking a bit ill understandably). The corridor walls are peppered with machine gun fire and towards the end the ceiling is destroyed and hanging down, looks like a grenade went off in there.
He approaches a set of chained doors with DO NOT OPEN. DEAD INSIDE written on them. While he is standing in front of them groans get louder and louder, the doors are pushed open against the chains and board holding them shut and a white hand with jagged nails started reaching out.

And I think that was it.
The best part of it was definitely Andrew Lincoln talking about the experience before hand. Saying what it was like filming the series, and that he was really proud of it. And that he had 13 dead squirrels thrown at him during filming, can’t remember that in the comic but it sounds brilliant.
He also said he has not seen any of the footage apart from a small segment, after watching it he was so taken aback by the gore on screen he asked Frank Darabont ‘how the fuck are you going to show that?’
and he replied ‘don’t worry, we’ve found a way’ or something along those lines.
Can’t wait!
xBIGJOEx
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by xBIGJOEx »

wow sounds amazing thanks Ed i am now anticipating the series even more