Films everyone loves... except you!

Chat here about anything horror related. Be it movies, news, remakes or events.
Maniacal
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Re: Films everyone loves... except you!

Post by Maniacal »

Hatchet wasn't what i was expecting, i read the back cover of the DVD and thought "Hmm, old school slasher horror to the kin of Friday the 13th? Halloween? The Burning?" SOLD!

Then i became disappointed, not with the movie because the movie is pretty cool. Gory, Violent and Funny. It's the 'Funny' parts i wasn't expecting, there are funny parts in these older slashers but they tend to be at the general acting/script writing not actual comedy gags.

Twitter: _grimgringhost
Facebook: Maniacal2011
BellaNicoli
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by BellaNicoli »

HATCHET II looks friiigin gnarly!!! Did you hear they tried to keep its gory violence out of Comic-Con?! We caught up with Director Adam Green and the cast of Hatchet II, not to mention Danielle or anything, and this is what they have to say http://www.fearnet.com/videos/b19712_co ... et_ii.html

What say you? Sounds like the making of it was pretty intense. You think they have nightmares?!

FEARnet,
-Bella
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Thanks for the ride, sir.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
Pukka
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Pukka »

Mr Bill wrote:
Pukka wrote:Hatchet.
I have to agree.
Hatchet was entertaining...

(I did like your single word post, it was direct, elogant and stylish- I'm not sure whether I have ruined it's pythiness, or "swallowed the bait".)
Mr Bill. I can barely remember Hatchet, which is why my answer was so short.
Honestly, what was there to remember about that shoddy film?
Nothing happening for an hour after the first kill(s)
An endless supply of buckets filled with blood (to be thrown at a tree the moment someone had a nose bleed) or maybe it was just the one bucket and they just looped the footage? Yeah they looped the footage.
Crappy JCBuechler FX.
Crappy JCBuechler FX. Oh did I say that twice.
Shittiest ending ever in a slasher film.

PS I'll watch the sequel. I'm not expecting anything except a shitty ending (the third's already announced for 3D no?)
Mr Bill
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Mr Bill »

Harsh words from pukka, I'll save my vitriol for more worthy causes and leave Hatchet as "underwhelming".
The most underwhelming film for me over the last couple of years, however, has to be Drag Me To Hell, comedy FX, silly music and elderly fucking gypsies- not scary. It should have been Thinner with a dose of Evil Dead, but instead it was pantomime time with a silly blonde bitch I wanted dead sooner. Shite, of the palest orange.
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum
daveroughcut
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by daveroughcut »

Kick Ass. Rudderless, under produced, misconceived, only a ball hair above Superhero movie. In fact not that good.
daveroughcut
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by daveroughcut »

HorrorMovieADay wrote:There are many... I see some of the ones that came to mind just on this page (Hurt Locker, Fight Club). I think my biggest would have to be THE MATRIX. I didn't dislike the film, but I watched it and was like "eh, whatever" and then for the next month I hear everyone talking nonstop about how amazing it was, so it was one of those "Did we see the same movie?" deals. I even went back a 2nd time figuring I had missed something and was even LESS impressed. To me, the story was a hodgepodge of other movies (especially DARK CITY, which I loved) and the fighting wasn't really any more impressive than the most average Jackie Chan movie. At least the sequels were largely disliked, kept me from sounding like a grouch for too long :)

For horror I think it would be Silence of the Lambs. Again, I didn't dislike it, but the Hannibal series as a whole just never interested me much, to me they were all about the same (and yes, that includes Hannibal Rising). I should give MANHUNTER another look though, haven't seen it since I was 11.

But on the whole I tend to like more hated movies than dislike beloved ones :)
Interestingly The Matrix was shot on left over sets from Dark City. I do like it but it is Dark City plus Ghost In The Shell plus Neuromancer and a dab od Terminator.
Mr Bill
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Mr Bill »

daveroughcut wrote:Kick Ass. Rudderless, under produced, misconceived, only a ball hair above Superhero movie. In fact not that good.
I've still not seen Kickass or The Losers- but have read both the books and love em, so have high hopes for both films- It'll be a shame if daveroughcut is proved right.
What about Wanted? - that's got to be near the top of Graphic Novel adaptations that totally miss the point, alongside Whiteout- the books are far more thoughtful and interesting.
Millar and Rucca were exec producers on the films respectively- so there's no excuse!
Wimpy girls stop the action like a fucking train; "Oh dear, I'm troubled by my abusive past and my fingers hurt, I'm going to pout and cry and look wistfully pretty, instead of showing some fucking balls, like the character written"
I don't dislike either actress, but they needed to man up- and both of them have managed it before, even Tomb Raider and Underworld were tougher!
MaxRenn
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by MaxRenn »

daveroughcut wrote:Kick Ass. Rudderless, under produced, misconceived, only a ball hair above Superhero movie. In fact not that good.
I like the cut of your gibb Dave, I though it was rubbish, badly made, poor action scenes with terrible CG, and ultimately turned into just another superhero film. Honestly for all that it is flashy and vacuous, I'd still rather watch Watchmen.
There is no delight the equal of dread

http://twitter.com/MaxRenn

http://letterboxd.com/maxrenn/

Blog: http://www.chrisandphilpresent.co.uk/blogs/spectacularoptical/
daveroughcut
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by daveroughcut »

MaxRenn wrote:
I like the cut of your gibb Dave, I though it was rubbish, badly made, poor action scenes with terrible CG, and ultimately turned into just another superhero film. Honestly for all that it is flashy and vacuous, I'd still rather watch Watchmen.
Yes my friend, the moving picture companion to the Watchmen (cause without reading it you miss the point) serves far better.

I did like Kick Ass as a comic but it's point was to make a hero COMIC very real to life. The film went of like a wet fart you're trying to sneak out in a packed Empire theatre.
Mr Bill
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Mr Bill »

I must confess, despite it's many faults, to likeing the Watchmen film, but I still can't abide that new ending... WHY????
daveroughcut
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by daveroughcut »

The Expendables - i'm assuming people liked this after the money it made! Terrible film, fundamentaly flawed at all levels. Stilted scripting/dialogue, shot in close-ups a say over from Stallones Rambo: First Blood Part 2 days, bad guys choose not to fire guns as they are slaughtered then suddenly only have knives, Stallones knife is some kind of scimitar with it's blade hid in a fourth diomesional pocket that can cut heads off, absolute rubbish. :x
Mr Bill
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Mr Bill »

daveroughcut wrote:The Expendables - i'm assuming people liked this after the money it made! Terrible film, fundamentaly flawed at all levels. Stilted scripting/dialogue, shot in close-ups a say over from Stallones Rambo: First Blood Part 2 days, bad guys choose not to fire guns as they are slaughtered then suddenly only have knives, Stallones knife is some kind of scimitar with it's blade hid in a fourth diomesional pocket that can cut heads off, absolute rubbish. :x
Is it worse than Judge Dredd?
daveroughcut
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by daveroughcut »

Mr Bill wrote:
daveroughcut wrote:The Expendables - i'm assuming people liked this after the money it made! Terrible film, fundamentaly flawed at all levels. Stilted scripting/dialogue, shot in close-ups a say over from Stallones Rambo: First Blood Part 2 days, bad guys choose not to fire guns as they are slaughtered then suddenly only have knives, Stallones knife is some kind of scimitar with it's blade hid in a fourth diomesional pocket that can cut heads off, absolute rubbish. :x
Is it worse than Judge Dredd?
At a push I'm gonna say yes, as much as I hated Judge Dredd (and very pleased at the news of Dredd) I'm gonna have to say this is dreadful. My worst film of the year.
Mr Bill
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Mr Bill »

"I em tha laoow" ha ha ha... bollocks! put your helmet back on you stroke faced primadonna.

I think It's a Stallone problem, I'm struggling to think of an exception to the "Stallone kills more films than bad guys" rule, but I got nothing.

Anybody?

Stop or my Mother will Shoot ??