Adam Green and Downloads

Chat here about anything horror related. Be it movies, news, remakes or events.
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Re: Adam Green and Downloads

Post by Satans Puppy »

It's being released through Alliance so more than likely :(
[url=http://www.peopleofifrit.net/]Puppy's Blog! Yes Indeed... updated regularly[/url]

[b]Disclaimer:[/b] This post may contain... more than likely contains an idiotic comment, feel free to ignore and move on :D
Goosebumps
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Goosebumps »

rawshark wrote: I'm constantly seeing posts all over the place on people who are seeing it (including, outrageously, friends on Facebook and on this forum) and actively encouraging others to see it too. I have been enraged many times by this to the point where I have sent many angry emails to people who have done this.
While I don’t download and don't think its right, I will also point out that a lot of screeners have been flying round all over the place. If it’s for peoples work then fine... But is it right for those people to then let their partners and friends see those screeners? I know people who have seen the film because a friend gave them the disk or because their partner has it... Surely if you have it for work you shouldn’t be showing it to family/friends?
Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Kris »

Nothing I have ever been sent has or would ever be shared
Horror fan and avid tea drinker, to discuss the merits of all of the Friday the 13th movies over a nice cup of Assam. Contributor to http://www.realreelscares.com
giles edwards
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by giles edwards »

Interesting tangential debate regarding second-hand versions and loaning etc…etc… but Richard clears this up: only one version is owned and therefore paid for. If you want to own it new yourself, you pay for a new version. Simple.

Out of print, long-unavailable films is the same grey area as demo tracks; take your chances…

Regarding downloads though, especially of current or recent titles quite plainly in the commercial sphere: there are no excuses, including censorship and/or regional distribution issues.

Consuming media is a privileged afforded you by people who have spent money from their own pockets to facilitate it from producers through sales agents through to distributors and retailers. It is a *privilege* not a *right*. End of story. We don’t live in communist China so treating it like a violation of your human rights that you’ve had a few seconds of “xyz” snipped so you feel the need to download it elsewhere is a terrible, awful argument. Not quite as bad as ”I didn’t want to wait for it”, which Adam alludes to in his impassioned and entirely justified rant; but in the same, very small, postcode.

It’s indicative of the very worst element that the internet’s democratization of modern culture has engendered: a pervasive sense of entitlement coupled with equally lame compensation-culture arguments that if “x” doesn’t let you have “y” unquestioningly, you’ll go online and take it for yourself because it’s, like, your right, man. No, no it’s not. Your *right* is to be offered media -- or indeed any non-essential luxury good -- through legally available channels for mutually agreed fiscal exchange by licensed entities. Otherwise it’s not all that different than someone not paying you to fix their plumbing if you’re a plumber or not paying you a fare if you’re a taxi driver or stealing a suit from a shop to wear to wedding even if you intend on giving it back later. None of which is acceptable to most people.

And what’s even worse than that -- after all the procrastination over who’s justified to do what, when and how -- is *bragging about it*.

I have more understanding for the true cinephiles who crave the films themselves, who desperately, impassionedly need to consume the art, more often than not ones who want obscure, shown-only-ever-once-in-public oddities; not the ones who simply want to score cool points by telling everyone within in earshot that they’ve seen the latest cause célèbre.
[i]"Would you like to take a closer look ?"[/i]
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

giles edwards wrote:Regarding downloads though, especially of current or recent titles quite plainly in the commercial sphere: there are no excuses, including censorship and/or regional distribution issues.
How about importing, is everyone OK with that?

For instance E1 Films deleted a glue-sniffing scene from The Runaways in order to avoid an 18 rating. I really enjoyed the movie at the cinema, but if E1 Entertainment UK do not bother reinstating it for their DVD, I'll be looking to import...

How does that sound?
giles edwards
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by giles edwards »

But importing is giving money to a distributor who's paid for the film. You're spending money legitimately on a film that's going back to the filmmakers. It's not ideal for the UK distibutor, but it's not ultimately depriving the filmmakers of their due. It's also, you know, not illegal.
[i]"Would you like to take a closer look ?"[/i]
Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Kris »

I also take the point about selling an item on, it still has one owner even if it is different to the person who bought it originally
Horror fan and avid tea drinker, to discuss the merits of all of the Friday the 13th movies over a nice cup of Assam. Contributor to http://www.realreelscares.com
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

giles edwards wrote:But importing is giving money to a distributor who's paid for the film. You're spending money legitimately on a film that's going back to the filmmakers. It's not ideal for the UK distibutor, but it's not ultimately depriving the filmmakers of their due. It's also, you know, not illegal.
Yes but, some worldwide distributers still don't like people importing as it takes money out of the region that person who imports is living... if you get my meaning. As I mentioned Earlier, sony were a HUGE stick in the works for gaming imports as the US often got games before EU... :) Same with films.
[url=http://www.peopleofifrit.net/]Puppy's Blog! Yes Indeed... updated regularly[/url]

[b]Disclaimer:[/b] This post may contain... more than likely contains an idiotic comment, feel free to ignore and move on :D
daveroughcut
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Adam Green and Downloads

Post by daveroughcut »

Yes but, some worldwide distributers still don't like people importing as it takes money out of the region that person who imports is living... if you get my meaning. As I mentioned Earlier, sony were a HUGE stick in the works for gaming imports as the US often got games before EU... :) Same with films.
Annoys me they made games region free but not blu rays for PS3(D).
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

daveroughcut wrote:
Well Fox/Disney are now using Region Coding on Blus as an excuse to distance release windows again... DOH!

daveroughcut
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Adam Green and Downloads

Post by daveroughcut »

Satans Puppy wrote:
daveroughcut wrote:
Well Fox/Disney are now using Region Coding on Blus as an excuse to distance release windows again... DOH!
I think it's those release windows that drove up downloading in the first place. I can remember importing R1
DVDs six months before they saw a screen here but now I rarely bother importing but I think blus are drivinge back the way.
brad1000
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by brad1000 »

i would like to point out i did mention how many people had already seen serbian already before frightfest.....the impression i got was they were doing it for kudos and one-up-man ship.if it was my movie and people had admitted stealing it i would have done more than skull-fuck them.
ive been amazed at how many people have commented to me about the movie.....people who dont even love movies that much normally.....its hype is massive at a grass roots level and yet no money is finding its way to the distributors or makers.the distributors must be even angrier than anyone as they must have stuck there neck out for this one.
the house shot her !!!
Maniacal
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Maniacal »

I consider this thread to be a huge eye opener.

Twitter: _grimgringhost
Facebook: Maniacal2011
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

Oh and as for the runaways, it got its home releases on bluray in the us before it's theatrical run and is definitely region locked :) I wanted it but didn't buy it because I can't be bothered swapping cables over all the time to watch one film lol

daveroughcut
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Adam Green and Downloads

Post by daveroughcut »

Satans Puppy wrote:Oh and as for the runaways, it got its home releases on bluray in the us before it's theatrical run and is definitely region locked :) I wanted it but didn't buy it because I can't be bothered swapping cables over all the time to watch one film lol
Swapping cables over Puppy. Email me about this?