films we just saw

Chat here about anything horror related. Be it movies, news, remakes or events.
xBIGJOEx
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Re: films we just saw

Post by xBIGJOEx »

Outpost is a great film in my opinion although its plays its strictly straight laced and has non of the comedy of Dead snow, which i also loved. Outpost is definately worth checking out.

Havent heard of another nazizombie flick coming soon but i am definately in to seeing another :D
You're scared of mice and spiders, but oh-so-much greater is your fear that one day the two species will cross-breed to form an all-powerful race of mice-spiders, who will immobilize human beings in giant webs in order to steal cheese.
rawshark
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by rawshark »

There's The 4th Reich which is still gearing up on pre-production with cast members Sean Pertwee, Doug Bradley, Jason Flemyng and Axelle Carolyn;
http://www.4threichmovie.co.uk/

There is also an Outpost 2 script flying around.

Stone's War is a Scandinavian zombie war film seemingly stuck in post-producton hell.

Worst Case Scenario also seems to be struggling to get off the ground - which is a shame as the promo that appeared years ago looked brilliant.

And, whilst not really zombies, you also have the frankly brilliant-sounding Iron Sky moving forward, currently due for a 2012 or 2013 release. If you haven't seen the teaser for this film - Google it now...
It's horrible... I love it... What is it?
xBIGJOEx
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by xBIGJOEx »

nice! thanks rawshark

iron sky trailer is amazing!
You're scared of mice and spiders, but oh-so-much greater is your fear that one day the two species will cross-breed to form an all-powerful race of mice-spiders, who will immobilize human beings in giant webs in order to steal cheese.
soberdave72@hotmail.com
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by soberdave72@hotmail.com »

Paranormal Activity 2,

A horror sequel that is actually scarier than the original, and maybe edges it, as the better film? Quite possibly, and something of an anamoly, being a film kept back from reviewers which is actually bloody good. Most Chilling film of the year by a clear mile.
markR
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by markR »

4th Reich!!! That was the one I was talking about - thanks rawshark. It's got Tom Savini in it too!!
mamawaldi
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by mamawaldi »

Frozen - Ok, but there are too many moments that jar to stop you really enjoying it. When that guy is sitting up on the ice with 2 broken legs pointing in random directions, a picture of Bernie Clifton on his ostrich flashed in to my mind (one for the older FFers). I couldn't take it seriously after that.

Solomon Kane - The 17th century represents a wonderful period in English history (in hindsight!!). Civil War, witch trials, plague - a completely bonkers and deadly 100 years. Its hard to fumble that stuff really, so I did enjoy this slightly formulaic "English Conan". Good to hear an action hero with a West Country(ish) accent.
Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Kris »

Saw VI

Was most impressed with this, never really followed the series after the second one. Love the revenge feel to it, nicely dark, twisted and gruesome. Liked the scene with the six workers on the carousal, very The Apprentice meets Hostel

The Loved Ones

Oh yes! Wasn't quite sure what direction this was going in but it's just fabulously funny but also very, very sick. I think it owes a great deal of debt to so many other films but it just borrows a bit of this and pilfers a bit of that and what you end up with is a disgustingly funny cocktail of gore and twisted humour. Probably one of my favourite films of the year by a mile

"am I not pretty enough"
Horror fan and avid tea drinker, to discuss the merits of all of the Friday the 13th movies over a nice cup of Assam. Contributor to http://www.realreelscares.com
Melvin Junko
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Melvin Junko »

rawshark wrote:There's The 4th Reich which is still gearing up on pre-production with cast members Sean Pertwee, Doug Bradley, Jason Flemyng and Axelle Carolyn;
http://www.4threichmovie.co.uk/

There is also an Outpost 2 script flying around.

Stone's War is a Scandinavian zombie war film seemingly stuck in post-producton hell.

Worst Case Scenario also seems to be struggling to get off the ground - which is a shame as the promo that appeared years ago looked brilliant.

And, whilst not really zombies, you also have the frankly brilliant-sounding Iron Sky moving forward, currently due for a 2012 or 2013 release. If you haven't seen the teaser for this film - Google it now...

From what I've heard Worst Case Scenario isn't happening anymore, they moved on to a new project.

There's also Zombies of War, which I haven't seen and looks pretty awefull.
You can't do nothing right, Cooper! You stupid sonofabitch! You should have been destroyed at birth! That's what I get for teaming up with a hippie!
Rue-morgue Jay
----
----

Post by Rue-morgue Jay »

Odeon double bill today.

Easy A- not as funny as the trailer makes it out to be, but quite funny. Emma stone's voice! oh yeah! It's like a sexy patty/selma kind of voice from the simpsons! :mrgreen: And does amanda bynes ever look like a chipmunk in this? what the hell is she hiding in her cheeks?

RED- Damn funny. John Malkovich rocks! nutty as a squirrel turd!
kimblebee
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by kimblebee »

Easy A - contrary to the review above, I thought this was much better than the trailer promised... Emma Stone is a fabulous leading lady and the film has some really touching moments. Stanley Tucci was top-notch in it too (as the quirky dad everyone would love to have)!
Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Kris »

Devil Great fun, not particularly scary but enjoyable none the less. Interesting idea for a story, well executed and well acted too. Great way to while away 80 minutes in an afternoon, on a par with the likes of Orphan and Case 39 on the enjoyability scale.

Buried Hated this yet loved it too. Very well made, captures the tense claustrophobic atmosphere very well. Not a pleasant film and you wish it would end as soon as possible with a happy outcome. It is pretty nasty and you feel like you are the one who is trapped at times. Unpleasant but i'm glad I have seen it.

Next up, Saw 3D, PA2 and (Don't) Let Me In.
Horror fan and avid tea drinker, to discuss the merits of all of the Friday the 13th movies over a nice cup of Assam. Contributor to http://www.realreelscares.com
daveroughcut
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

films we just saw

Post by daveroughcut »

Liked PA 2 when I didn't like the first one. It does a SAW and back fills story that wasn't there.

Tron Legacy preview and Saw 3D tomorrow. Not ready for SAW to be over.
Maniacal
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Maniacal »

The Changeling, still one of the best ghost movies out there!

Necronomicon, one of the better Lovecraft movies out there.

Twitter: _grimgringhost
Facebook: Maniacal2011
Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Kris »

Burke and Hare Good fun and great cast, tells the story well. Preferred I Sell The Dead but this is worth seeing 7/10

Paranormal Activity 2 Less scares than the first but the ones that do exist scared the hell out of me. Works well alongside the original and introduces new characters into the mix. 8.5/10
daveroughcut
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

films we just saw

Post by daveroughcut »

Missed Tron preview due to traffic.

Saw 3D- holy Christ what happened there? Magnificent shite!

"There's not a lot of floor here."
Last edited by daveroughcut on Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.