Paranormal Activity 2

Chat here about anything horror related. Be it movies, news, remakes or events.
markR
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Paranormal Activity 2

Post by markR »

Anyone seen it? Any thoughts?

Got around to watching this last night. Hmmm. Slightly dissapointed. It was never going to be at the same standard as the 1st one, but I really expected it to be a bit more chilling.

The beauty of the first one was that the viewer had to do all the work. The camera was set up in one spot most the time and you had to keep your eyes peeled for what was going on. But in the second one they jumped around from camera to camera "my little eye" style and felt more like it was being directed (which I know it was).

I thought the tie in with the first film was good, although the kills at the end felt more slaher than supernatural.

There were also two scenes in the trailer that I thought were quite scary, and neither of them were in the final film. I'm sure I saw a scene in the trailer where the spanish maid was pulling up the kitchen knife out of the block and putting it back in repeatedly. And another scene with the baby on the street.

Anyways, kept me on edge - but nowhere near the brilliance of the first one.
Pumpkin
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: Paranormal Activity 2

Post by Pumpkin »

We saw this in our local cinema on a Saturday night so it was mainly ruined by a room full of giggling, talking, texting chavs and chavettes. It also didn't help that the sound wasn't working so the whole thing was playing from only the 2 speakers at the front of the cinema. That aside, I enjoyed it a lot and thought it was a very very clever sequel/prequel. Personally though i didn't find it scary or creepy enough with only one good jump (the cupboards!).
markR
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by markR »

I also had a cinema full of talking. texting, food chomping people!! And they were also laughing every 5 minutes! Really annoying!Yeah the cupboards scene was the best. Even more so since it was during the daylight and you didn't expect it!
daveroughcut
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Paranormal Activity 2

Post by daveroughcut »

I too had the laughing we're not scared crowd. Until the kitchen and everyone of them disappeared into the rafters. That shut them up.
Last edited by daveroughcut on Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

I saw it on a Tuesday afternoon with two other people. It's okay in the way the first one was okay - not nearly as frightening as it thinks it is but there are some nicely effective jolt moments.
http://streetrw.blogspot.com - For all your occasional film rambling needs.
http://twitter.com/streetrw - For when you really need to know what I had for breakfast.

AND NOW: SKYPE!
world_of_skin
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by world_of_skin »

I haven't seen either film on the basis that I live alone and spend enough time telling any visitors that drop by that I have ghosts/spirits (two other people who have both lived here with me at some point in the past BOTH agree!), so, yeah, I do not think it would be wise to encourage myself too much, I quite like sleeping...

Maybe some day!
"But what if one of you is the monster?"
"Monster? We're *British*, you know..."
Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Kris »

I like it but I like ghosty horror anyway. Was a good sequel but as you know what happenned in the first one then it loses the scare factor in the second one. [REC} suffered from this fate too.

That said it is still a good film in its own right, see where it goes with the next one.
Horror fan and avid tea drinker, to discuss the merits of all of the Friday the 13th movies over a nice cup of Assam. Contributor to http://www.realreelscares.com