films we just saw

Chat here about anything horror related. Be it movies, news, remakes or events.
markR
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Re: films we just saw

Post by markR »

Watched Saw 3D last night. You know the saying "they saved the best for last!".... not true! What a load of crap!
soberdave72@hotmail.com
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by soberdave72@hotmail.com »

Saw 3D - terrible rudimentry 3D, looks like converted 3D even though it was suppoesdly filmed in 3D.
If OTT Gore is your bag, possibly worth seeing, but the plot is even more all over the place than usual. With an annoying end plot turn that just does not work, ridiculous.

Also - the coda after the credits in part 6 is compleatly ignored- the makers in all "there let's make a 3D film excitement", had obviously forgotten about it. One of the wost films of the year, thankfully 7 films at tomorrow's Frightfest will erase the memory.
markR
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by markR »

What is a coda??? Have to agree that the gore is very over the top - and the ending makes no sense!!! Best part was the beginning at the department store - the only fresh thing i've seen in SAW franchise since the frst one!!
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

daveroughcut wrote:Missed Tron preview due to traffic.
Even better was Nic Cage in Drive Angry 3D... :twisted:

And yeah, Saw was rubbish.
Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Kris »

Courtesy of Grimm Up North I watched Reel Zombies a so so Canadian zom com spoof. Nothing new but had it's funny moments 5/10

Also The Reeds a very enjoyable supernatural horror along the lines of Storm Warning, Wolf Creek and Children of the corn. Well acted with some interesting twists along the way but some stand out too easily. A worthwhile watch and a good example of modern British horror. 7/10
Horror fan and avid tea drinker, to discuss the merits of all of the Friday the 13th movies over a nice cup of Assam. Contributor to http://www.realreelscares.com
Rue-morgue Jay
----
----

Post by Rue-morgue Jay »

Burke and Hare- funny, not super funny but good enough.

SAW 3D- It was like watching a loony tunes cartoon! entertainment wise- best of the lot! Plot and acting wise....not so.
daveroughcut
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

films we just saw

Post by daveroughcut »

sherbetbizarre wrote:
daveroughcut wrote:Missed Tron preview due to traffic.
Even better was Nic Cage in Drive Angry 3D... :twisted:

And yeah, Saw was rubbish.
Drive 3D? Eh?
world_of_skin
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by world_of_skin »

Rue-morgue Jay wrote:Burke and Hare- funny, not super funny but good enough.
Agreed - it’s quite an enjoyable, easy watch, but wouldn’t exactly call it a good film. So many famous faces, it's nice looking out for (and trying to identify) them all, but the film sort of bumbles along... It makes you laugh here and there but, yeah, definitely lacking a bit. I think it loses its pace towards the end too - it feels like it nearly grinds to a halt, slows down way too much, then sort of just meanders about a bit. I was wanting it to end near the, er, end... But, yeah, fairly enjoyable and easy, but one for DVD, really.
"But what if one of you is the monster?"
"Monster? We're *British*, you know..."
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

Skyline

Essentially it's terrible but I did enjoy some of the alien meyham on the big screen... but everything else is corny and cheesy.

Borrows from the usual suspects, ID4, War of the Worlds, Cloverfield plus Starship Troopers, and... Hellraiser II !
odishon
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by odishon »

Catfish Wow, I knew nothing of this until a friend gave me a DVD (turned out to be a screener - don't worry I'll be seeing this again in the cinema and taking friends so will pay my due!)

I was pretty blown away by this documentary (or some say mockumentary) I was gripped throughout and boy did it stay with me for hours afterwards and still today after viewing it yesterday.

Real or fake, this is a must see piece of film making. I see it's due to be shown at a north of England film festival and I think it gets a general release in December.

Oh and from all accounts avoid the trailer as it apparently gives a very misleading view of what to expect.
soberdave72@hotmail.com
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by soberdave72@hotmail.com »

Saw Lake Mungo, (region 1 dvd release) . A Really excellent aussie ghost story/faux documentry ala Blair Witch. Genunely creepy film about an Aussie family who have lost their daughter in a drowning tragedy. It lingers long in the mind ala Dont Look Now.
Well worth a purchase.
daveroughcut
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

films we just saw

Post by daveroughcut »

soberdave72@hotmail.com wrote:Saw Lake Mungo, (region 1 dvd release) . A Really excellent aussie ghost story/faux documentry ala Blair Witch. Genunely creepy film about an Aussie family who have lost their daughter in a drowning tragedy. It lingers long in the mind ala Dont Look Now.
Well worth a purchase.
Yeah pretty evil that film.
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

odishon wrote:Catfish

Real or fake, this is a must see piece of film making.
Odishon - there's some interesting reading here - http://www.movieline.com/2010/01/does-s ... p?page=all including the comments...

...but no-one read that if they have not seen it!

7/10 for me, the film is certainly a talking point (and at least 2 of the LFF screenings were sell outs...)
odishon
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by odishon »

Thanks, yes I read that article and many others - I was a man obsessed after seing Catfish as it stayed with me for so long. Will be really interesting to see how much of a release it gets here and whether word of mouth will mean alot of people see it.

I agree, would avoid reading any articles until after you've seen Catfish and if anyone wants to discuss it on here we should probably do a separate thread clearly marked 'Catfish discussion with spoilers'!
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

Any other good articles you can ponit me to?