films we just saw

Chat here about anything horror related. Be it movies, news, remakes or events.
odishon
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Re: films we just saw

Post by odishon »

I see it got inside your brain too! Please avoid if you haven't seen it.

An interview with the lady herself http://abcnews.go.com/2020/video/catfis ... r-11836656

Her website http://www.artbyapierce.com/

Review http://www.comingsoon.net/news/reviewsnews.php?id=70210

http://www.iscatfishfake.com/
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

Cheers :)
Maniacal
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Maniacal »

'Monsters' on the big screen again was an absolute joy! Had to travel out of town to watch it but nevermind that, it's bloody well worth it! :mrgreen:

Twitter: _grimgringhost
Facebook: Maniacal2011
soberdave72@hotmail.com
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by soberdave72@hotmail.com »

Double bill of festive horrors today which ive never seen before... The Original Black Christmas, and Silent Night Deadly Night.

Two thoroughly good slasher flicks, Black Christmas, menacing atmosphere and some good kills, whilst Silent Night Deadly, Suprisingly gory, black hearted grindhouse, with an axe wielding santa on the rampage. Well worth seeing.
mamawaldi
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by mamawaldi »

Stuff seen over Christmas:

Scream and Scream Again - One of the few films to feature the unholy trinity of Lee, Cushing and Price but actually they all have minor roles (especially Cushing). The plot is utterly bonkers. Something about a vampiric serial killer who turns out to be part of a mad scientist's experiment but alongside is this seemingly unrelated stuff set in a strange Nazi country with a guy who can do the vulcan death grip. Its totally loony tunes and errr.... a bit crap.

Nightmare on Elm Street (remake) - Bah. Very ordinary. If the original had been this humdrum Robert Englund's career would have been very different !!

Fear(s) of the Dark - Creepy French animation with a pervading sense of darkness and claustrophobia. Not great, but definitely worth a viewing on a dark stormy night.
XxsimmiexX
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by XxsimmiexX »

Okies, Happy new year guys!!
I was making the most of my time off during the festive season and revisiting a few films in my collection that i had not checked out for a while, some of them included:
Tony - One of those films that i am sure is a bit of a 'hit and miss', i enjoyed it, but wish that it continued on a bit from the end.
Haunting in Connecticut - Ok, so a film to give regular movie goers a 'fright', but I have to admit, a few of the jumpier scenes did catch me unaware. The special features on blu ray are good.
Snoop Dog's 'Hood of Horror' - Not too bad an offering from the snoop, the stories have funny moments, not too bad.
Maniacal
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Maniacal »

127 Hours, excellent film by Danny Boyle. I hope there's an extended edition version fo the film coming to DVD so we get a deeper and closer look at the relationship between Aron and Rana.

Rue-morgue Jay
----
----

Post by Rue-morgue Jay »

SEASON OF THE WITCH:
Not great, but not terrible. DODGY cgi, and i hope to GOD, that is NOT your real hair Mr cage!

Cage and perlman go through the motions, they've totally played these type of characters before.

The ending WAS shock and not the 'Norm' for cage and perlman. Biggest dissapointment: You have a witch, you think she's going to mess with their heads, get all seductive and such. And guess what, she barely does and she does even show ANY skin! :cry:
XxsimmiexX
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by XxsimmiexX »

Checked out 'Rattle Rattle' or 'Kowai Onna'...Very creepy short film!! Will be in my top 5 asian horror films!!
gregjames
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by gregjames »

Tron Legacy - entertaining enough but it tries to be three films all at once and thus never manages to completely cohere. Nice shiny wrapping for a prosaic and flawed story.
Vampirella
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Vampirella »

Black Swan, I loved it... Left me speechless. I can't wait to see it again this weekend!
I would rather be hated every damn day of my life for being real than loved for being something I'm not...
Rue-morgue Jay
----
----

Post by Rue-morgue Jay »

Black swan:

I loved the music (god did i), i loved all the performances, i loved the scenery, i loved the psychology of it...

I ultimately didn't love the film though. I walked away feeling empty and unaffected. Maybe it's just Aronofsky? reqiuem i didn't like, i've watched about half of the wrestler and didn't think much of it. i haven't seen the fountain or pye is it? so i can't comment. I will though and have already put it on my amazon list the score.
soberdave72@hotmail.com
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by soberdave72@hotmail.com »

Having looking forward to The Reef at the Halloween allnighter...... Caught up with it on DVD last night.
Frightfest boys were right to pick it, A great little film, yes it is Black Water with Sharks, but once again, well made and so so tense. The last half hour is incredible. The best shark film since Jaws (and on a par with the under-rated Jaws 2).
Maniacal
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Maniacal »

The Deadly Spawn, possibly to become one of my favourite films. What an absolute riot. DVD
Frankenhooker, as always a pleasure to watch and hilarious from start to finish. DVD
The Funhouse, Tobes best film behind Texas Chainsaw Massacre. DVD
A Serbian Film, I find this hard to watch in places but can't help not looking away. DVD

mamawaldi
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by mamawaldi »

The Ward - Firstly, great to see John Carpenter back in the cinemas. The film is solid if not special and with its 60's psychiatric hospital setting is guilty of exploring some fairly well trodden territory. A few jump scares, an ok plot twist. Now he's warmed up, let's hope we see JC really go through his paces next time out.