FREE ENTRY

Wednesday 29th Seotember

Doors Open 7PM - Films Start 8PM

The King's Cross Social Club
2 Brittannia Street
Kings Cross
WC1X 9JE

Google Maps: http://bit.ly/du0E3l

Come and whisk the autumn blues away this September as The Duke quite literally changes his tune.

Yes, after the action packed madness of June and July and the chaos that is our birthday party, The Duke is back perhaps with the most different and exciting line-up of this year!

... In September The Duke will be playing tribute to a song-bird of a different kind: Ms. Grace Chang!

Grace Chang (otherwise known as Ge Lan) is one of the most prolific of singer/actresses to emerge from Hong Kong ever – working for the legendary Cathay studios , she was the beautiful face and voice behind all the hits to emerge during the 1950's and the 1960's!

Come and see as The Duke presents you with one of her most striking films: ‘Wild, Wild Rose’ – imagine ‘Carmen’ re-located to Hong Kong with all its’ sensibilities turned noir and you’re still nowhere close to discovering what is essentially one of the most aesthetically shocking and musically pleasing films to come out from Hong Kong Cinema.

As usual we’ll also have our striking Trailer Trash (for the first time in Duke history compiled without the help of The Trailer King Alex Kidd), a stunning short , quiz, poster gallery and all the other oddball assortments you’ve come to expect from us.

So come on down on the 29th September and discover yourself a new type of cinema!
Alex Kidd
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Re: The Duke Mitchell Thread

Post by Alex Kidd »

Hi everyone, here's the info on our upcoming Halloween Night!

"This October, something wicked this way comes!

Wednesday 27th October - doors at 7PM films start at 8PM

And it’s none other than the creepiest, crawliest Halloween film show ever to have been devised: yes folks, the Duke is finally ready to unleash upon the full horror of the films he has been collecting for over a year now!

But first, we have that sinister maestro presenting us with another bone-chilling edition of his killer trailer trash – films so obscure even time has forgotten th...em!

Then The Duke’s selection of ghoulish Halloween shorts will take centre stage: be wary folks, these films are designed to drive you absolutely mad!

Finally we will have our usual, blood-curdling regular slot: chilling, appropriate music for a moonlit October night, a poster gallery to scare you witless, a frighteningly demanding quiz and much, much more.

So slowly descend unto madness this Halloween and join Duke for one brilliant night to make you experience fear like never before!

Doors open 7 p.m. Films starts at 8 p.m."

Evrim is the King at finding amazing short films, so you don't want to miss this night!
Last edited by Alex Kidd on Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nekro
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by nekro »

what's the main feature film your screening?
Alex Kidd
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Alex Kidd »

Hi nekro, it's all short horror films through the evening, new and old ones, there's no main feature, it's a night of short films!

Last year's was amazing.
kimblebee
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by kimblebee »

Really looking forward to this, and to seeing the new place - it's been ages since I last came along to Duke!
Alex Kidd
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Alex Kidd »

Just a bump for tonight, come along and watch some amazing horror shorts with The Duke and his gang...
AnotherSchmuck
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by AnotherSchmuck »

I think it was called "The Legend of Beaver Dam" that alone was worth the evening to be honest!
"Horror films don't create fear. They release it." – Wes Craven

Instagram - timothyrobinparsons
Twitter - @AnotherSchmuck
Alex Kidd
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Alex Kidd »

Here's the info on our next night - Time Travel Night!

The Duke Mitchell Film Club Presents Time-Travel Night

Wednesday 24th November 7PM

As the balmy memories of October depart leaving behind only the cold, windy reality of November, come join The Duke as he celebrates all things time-travel and even attempts a small journey himself!

For our main feature, we’ve got an amazing rarity from the 70’s: a Czech gem by the name of ‘Tomorrow I’ll Wake Up and Scald Myself with Tea’- if you thought all time travel films involved American high school kids or nerdy computer ...scientists – well, here’s the title to prove you wrong. Made in Communist Era Czechoslovakia, this rarely seen gem has everything a time travel movie needs from crazy scientists to aging Nazis and even Hitler! To say you’ve seen quite nothing like it is an understatement of the worst kind!

We’ll also be jumping around time vortexes with our fantastic Trailer Trash, testing your knowledge of wormholes with our quiz and opening new doors of perception with our marvellous shorts. Our soundtrack will compromise of only sounds you could time-travel to as well as our regular poster gallery bringing you images of films not even yet made in time!

So come on down to the Duke this November the 24th and experience a fast track into the very heart of time itself!

King's Cross Social Club
2 Britannia Street, WC1X 9JE
London, United Kingdom
Alex Kidd
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Alex Kidd »

It's the final Duke night of 2010!

The Duke Mitchell Film Club presents: Criminal Christmas Night

Tuesday 7th December, 2010

Come and celebrate the final Duke Night of 2010 with our 4th annual Christmas special. Having exhausted every single Christmas horror film we could find we've moved onto the world of Christmas Crime!

Our main feature for the night is 'Dead Bang' (1989), a little seen Christmas set crime thriller starring Don Johnson as an alcoholic rouge police detective on the trailer of a Neo-Nazi gang. Directed by John Frankenheimer it’s a terrific thriller that really packs a powerful, and very bleak, punch.

We'll also have all our regular extras, all with a Christmas theme, including our 4th all Christmas Trailer Trash, featuring no repeats from previous years! You'll also see seasonal shorts, a Christmas quiz and Christmas music all night.

So come along and celebrate Christmas 2010 with The Duke!

FREE ENTRY! FREE ENTRY! FREE ENTRY! FREE ENTRY! FREE ENTRY!
Alex Kidd
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Alex Kidd »

Hi everyone, here's the info about the next Duke night, quite a special one for me, everyone is welcome along.

The Duke Mitchell Film Club presents: Alex's 40th Birthday Night

Wednesday 26th January, 2011

I'd like to invite you all along to my very special 40th Birthday Night! I'm hijacking The Duke for this January and turning it into my own birthday party, to which everyone is invited: all our regulars, all my friends, all you people who don't know me, it's open to everyone.

I've spent the last few months searching for a few elusive items and I'll be sharing them with you as a special birthday treat on the night. The one catch is that only I know what we're showing. What I can tell you is that we won't be showing a feature film and that the night will be a shorter than normal.

So come along and join me on a night of adventure and discovery!

King's Cross Social Club
2 Britannia Street, WC1X 9JE
London, United Kingdom
Alex Kidd
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Alex Kidd »

Tonight's the night! Come along, it'll be great to see you there.
Alex Kidd
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Alex Kidd »

OK, all you bad cinema fans, make sure you come along to The Duke this month for our 4th Annual 'Early April Fools Night' where we're paying tribute to the worst that cinema has to offer. Here's the full details:

Early April Fools Night

Wednesday 30th March, 2011

Doors Open 7PM - Films Start 8PM - Night Ends 11PM

Another year has flown by since our packed-to-the rafters April Fools night and now 2011 has to experience what we at The Duke HQ refer to as 'the worst movie in the world'!

Yes, on Wednesday 30th March, The Duke will be sharing with you once again the miracle of Sam Mraovich and his magnum opus 'Ben & Arthur'. When we say it's the funniest, most consistently brilliant film you've never seen, we're not kidding! Just wait until the audition scene!

But that's not all: our resident Trailer Master has been collecting the worst of the worst for the trailers to shock your minds, our music is the choicest, awfulest cuts, the quiz will feature worst of the worst AND that's even before we speak of the shocking surprise The Duke has planned for the short slot this year.

So come on down on 30th March Wednesday and experience an April Fools like no other!

FREE ENTRY! FREE ENTRY! FREE ENTRY! FREE ENTRY!
Alex Kidd
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Alex Kidd »

Hi everyone, we made a fake trailer for the 'Hobo With A Shotgun' trailer competition called 'Daddy Cross', and we've made it into the Top 5.

Now we really need as many votes as possible. You can see our trailer and vote here:

http://ca.hobowithashotgun.com/contest/vote/

No registration needed, just click and vote.

Don't forget our trailer is 'Daddy Cross'

Hope you enjoy the trailers!

Thanks, Alex.
nekro
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by nekro »

top trailer, i just voted for it!
Alex Kidd
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Alex Kidd »

Brilliant, really glad you enjoyed it, thanks for the vote.