films we just saw

Chat here about anything horror related. Be it movies, news, remakes or events.
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Re: films we just saw

Post by Satans Puppy »

sherbetbizarre wrote:The Resident
Brand new Hammer production with Hilary Swank moving into spacious Brooklyn apartment and terrorized by an unwanted visitor at night...

This is getting terrible reviews but I really enjoyed it! But yes, it is pretty predictable for the most part...
Terrible Reviews? NOT FROM ME!!!

http://www.dogatemywookie.co.uk/?review ... cal-review

Finger licking good.... god dammit, why didn't I use that in the review. Loved it, especially loved it when I turned to my friend and reminded her she had the house to herself that night :lol:
[url=http://www.peopleofifrit.net/]Puppy's Blog! Yes Indeed... updated regularly[/url]

[b]Disclaimer:[/b] This post may contain... more than likely contains an idiotic comment, feel free to ignore and move on :D
daveroughcut
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

films we just saw

Post by daveroughcut »

Puppy are you sure your swankvision for that manish looking lady did not bias your opinion?
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

Certainly not... I really did like it... really really really... but then again my reviewovision has totally gone of hilter as I really liked Altitude as well. :)

I thought I'd gone wrong with Battle: Los Angeles but it seems only the ladies don't like that one! :)
[url=http://www.peopleofifrit.net/]Puppy's Blog! Yes Indeed... updated regularly[/url]

[b]Disclaimer:[/b] This post may contain... more than likely contains an idiotic comment, feel free to ignore and move on :D
odishon
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by odishon »

Maniacal wrote:
LaidToRest wrote:
Maniacal wrote:UBER jealous Mr Renn!

Recently watched The Rite, Anthony Hopkins steals the show while the rest fall behind.

What movie is your avatar from looks good.
It's the "Hell" sequence from a movie called 'Event Horizon', it's a brilliant underrated film in my opinion.
I did two weeks work experience on 'Event Horizon', the Hell sequence is made up of tiny bits of footage which was basically removed from the film by the censors. When they discover the previous crew there was SO much more gore than made the final cut. Such a shame no one can find that footage now :(
xBIGJOEx
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by xBIGJOEx »

odishon wrote:I did two weeks work experience on 'Event Horizon', the Hell sequence is made up of tiny bits of footage which was basically removed from the film by the censors. When they discover the previous crew there was SO much more gore than made the final cut. Such a shame no one can find that footage now :(
Thats a shame i am a big fan of Event Horizon i was lucky enoughto see it during its theatrical release, would love to see a more gore heavy cut.

I watched book of blood the other night on sky thought it started well but then got worse, such a shame
You're scared of mice and spiders, but oh-so-much greater is your fear that one day the two species will cross-breed to form an all-powerful race of mice-spiders, who will immobilize human beings in giant webs in order to steal cheese.
DoctorKaren
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by DoctorKaren »

xBIGJOEx wrote:
odishon wrote:
*Snip*
I watched book of blood the other night on sky thought it started well but then got worse, such a shame
How did it get worse? I didn't get to see it.
Forum moderator, university Film Studies lecturer and movie journalist for mags including Little White Lies, Scream, Fangoria and the FrightFest eMagazine. I'm the one shaking and screaming at every screening.
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

On the event Horizon thing... never one to plug myself but Emily Booth was in the cut stuff http://www.dogatemywookie.co.uk/?p=2633

daveroughcut
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

films we just saw

Post by daveroughcut »

I watched Vampyr this weekend which... wow... just wow what a fantastic, creepy movie. They really do not make 'em like that anymore. I say we return to silent movies!

Well dialogue free anyhow.
xBIGJOEx
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by xBIGJOEx »

DoctorKaren wrote:
xBIGJOEx wrote:
odishon wrote:
*Snip*
How did it get worse? I didn't get to see it.
I just felt it started well and built the tension then it became quite convulted in the last third of the film which was s hame
You're scared of mice and spiders, but oh-so-much greater is your fear that one day the two species will cross-breed to form an all-powerful race of mice-spiders, who will immobilize human beings in giant webs in order to steal cheese.
xBIGJOEx
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by xBIGJOEx »

this weekend i watched Frozen, and Dr Terror's House of Horrors
Maniacal
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Maniacal »

Satans Puppy wrote:On the event Horizon thing... never one to plug myself but Emily Booth was in the cut stuff http://www.dogatemywookie.co.uk/?p=2633
Not sure which version I have on DVD but you can see her in the movie, just no dialogue. Unless she has dialogue in the cut material?..

Twitter: _grimgringhost
Facebook: Maniacal2011
morralex
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by morralex »

Watched I saw the devil and turkey shoot yesterday. Today I think I'm going to watch Bedevilled - all these Korean revenge films I've missed at Frightfests.
Rue-morgue Jay
----
----

Post by Rue-morgue Jay »

'i SAW THE DEVIL' WAS OKAY, BUT TOOK SOOOO long to get to the point.

Saw 'The lincoln laywer' last friday. Nice, slick, didn't seem like 2 hours, but very predictable. The book is like most other's can't put it in film or it will kill it.
daveroughcut
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

films we just saw

Post by daveroughcut »

We Are What We Are - loved it, are they vamps? Are they mental? I also thought it skipped by I know a lot o' guys and gals at FF thought it was a drag but not at home. I like it as much as Let The Right One In.
morralex
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by morralex »

I really liked We Are What We Are at FF, one of the best movies I saw - very grim and bleak but it did this very well and acting was spot on (not that I personally know that many Mexican cannibals).