films we just saw

Chat here about anything horror related. Be it movies, news, remakes or events.
mamawaldi
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Re: films we just saw

Post by mamawaldi »

Last few seen....

Source Code - Enjoyed this mix of Quantum Leap and Deja Vu even if it does lose pace at the end when it should really be cranking it up.

Open Graves - Awful mix of Jumanji and Final Destination. A board game made from a witches skin in the Spanish Inquisition (!), has a series of cards written in English (!!) which give clues to the impending death of the unfortunate player. Sadly its not even fun on a camp "Wishmaster" kind of level.
This is a D-Notice situation
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

Been dying at home for the past two weeks..... Not really seen anything.

Sucker Punch was so so... if only they'd been a lil more Savvy with explaining things because I've spoken to folk and they still didn't understand what was going on. Hmmmmmmm

JFK.... finally sat down to watch this one and ooooooo me likes a good conspiracy theory!

The Color Purple - LOVED IT!
[url=http://www.peopleofifrit.net/]Puppy's Blog! Yes Indeed... updated regularly[/url]

[b]Disclaimer:[/b] This post may contain... more than likely contains an idiotic comment, feel free to ignore and move on :D
Maniacal
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Maniacal »

Your Highness, mostly it was 100 minutes of sexual related jokes and over the top one liners. I got to see Natalie Portman looking provocative so I won't be too harsh on the movie.

Twitter: _grimgringhost
Facebook: Maniacal2011
Pukka
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Pukka »

My Soul To Take. Vintage Wes Craven apparently. An 18 rated goreless bore.

Prowl. Really wanted to like this. Dinner trapped in a warehouse full of vampires. Another 18 rated goreless bore.
soberdave72@hotmail.com
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by soberdave72@hotmail.com »

Saw "Insidious" at friday nights preview.

Wow! A Really great popcorn piece of Horror which has the most "Jump scares" I have seen in a film. Its not a film that is going to haunt you like The Exorcist or Dont Look Now, but for a piece of friday night multiplex entertainment, it's Bloody great.

Really well made, yes it is a bit like Poltergeist, but all Haunted House films riff on each other, and who cares when its as skill-fully done as this. Cant wait to see it again.
thesavageintruder
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by thesavageintruder »

The Insiduous trailer might well have been the best thing about seeing Scream 4 this weekend...a horribly smug and dated sequel in which everything unfolds as you would expect with not a genuine surprise, shock or scare in sight. Enjoyed the multiple fake-out of the prologue though even this is the kind of thing the slasher genre was experimenting with back in the mid eighties. One of Uncle Wes' blandest movies.
daveroughcut
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

films we just saw

Post by daveroughcut »

Maniacal wrote:Your Highness, mostly it was 100 minutes of sexual related jokes and over the top one liners. I got to see Natalie Portman looking provocative so I won't be too harsh on the movie.
She just has to breathe and she looks provocative.

I saw SCRE4M which is alright but a lot of missed opportunities.

Saw INSIDIOUS last week and believe me that trailer makes it look like a different film. It's a popcorn jump scare stinger feat as per above. Fun yes but scary no.
Maniacal
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Maniacal »

Watched Scre4m (Eww) on Friday, typical Craven movie for me. I was laughing at the unintentional humour but laughing at the written humour.

Twitter: _grimgringhost
Facebook: Maniacal2011
xBIGJOEx
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by xBIGJOEx »

creepshow 2 at the weekend was all i managed, started watching shocker but fell asleep on the couch 3 times before admitting defeat, getting old.
Keen to see SCRE4M this week as well as the pile of dvds/blurays i have
You're scared of mice and spiders, but oh-so-much greater is your fear that one day the two species will cross-breed to form an all-powerful race of mice-spiders, who will immobilize human beings in giant webs in order to steal cheese.
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

Everyone says I was way too harsh on Scream 4 but from someone who LOVED the original trilogy it was like my first born had gone into school with a hatchet and killed his classmates in a bloody mess, laughing all the way.... now as a parent I'd repremand him and then let him know of the wonders of power tools...

But still the betrayal that the kid didn't know better would be enough for a severe tongue lashing and that's what Scream 4 got... It upset me!
[url=http://www.peopleofifrit.net/]Puppy's Blog! Yes Indeed... updated regularly[/url]

[b]Disclaimer:[/b] This post may contain... more than likely contains an idiotic comment, feel free to ignore and move on :D
morralex
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by morralex »

I totally didn't rate scream 4, I wanted to but it annoyed me.
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

Scream 4 was twice as good as the boring Red Riding Hood...
grzegorz
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by grzegorz »

saw Insidious on Dublin's screening. thought it was total mistake. Wan and Whannell seem to be applying the same method to making movies regardless of the subgenre. and those dialogues, oh my...
Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Kris »

Hmmm what to see this week, got a day off tomorrow

Already seen Scream 4 and Killing Bono, don't fancy RRH or Beastly

Rio, Rango and Hop it is then
Horror fan and avid tea drinker, to discuss the merits of all of the Friday the 13th movies over a nice cup of Assam. Contributor to http://www.realreelscares.com
mamawaldi
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by mamawaldi »

Scream 4 - neither a disaster nor a triumph....just a very late sequel :? At least better than number 3 but so belated that I'm not surprised its been a relative box-office failure. Special mention to the awfulness of the "Bruce Willis" line and Cox's botox.

Dream Home - loved this ott tale of a woman driven psychotic by Hong Kong house prices. Crazy gore.

and...Fast 5 - simply the best big dumb action film I have seen in a looong time.
This is a D-Notice situation