BBFC Watch: Upcoming Titles

Chat here about anything horror related. Be it movies, news, remakes or events.
DoctorKaren
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: BBFC Watch: Upcoming Titles

Post by DoctorKaren »

daveroughcut wrote:I have to be honest I will buy the cut version to support Revolver for releasing such an important film and likely source an uncut from abroad.

Huzzar for supporting the legitimate industry (ie Revolver as an official distributor). Thanks Dave :-)
Forum moderator, university Film Studies lecturer and movie journalist for mags including Little White Lies, Scream, Fangoria and the FrightFest eMagazine. I'm the one shaking and screaming at every screening.
Catweazle
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Catweazle »

Hatchet 2, uncut. Due to open 1st April (honest). I'm assuming the version submitted was the unrated one as shown at FrightFest last year.
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

Shameless Screen Entertainment has submitted a fully uncut version of Cannibal Holocaust to an advisory board at the BBFC who have advised them that the film would (only) have to be cut by 14 seconds!
http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/canniba ... post142104
Axe
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Axe »

Yes a surprise decision by the BBFC, just shows though what a difference a period of 10 years can make in regards to the re-classification of a title. Cannibal Ferox next hopfully :)
rawshark
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by rawshark »

capthowdy66 wrote:
daveroughcut wrote:
capthowdy66 wrote:Uncut dvd release in the USA should be in February 2011! :)
Which will mean import money goes to US distributor instead of our Revolver.
Same here!
Seems the US distributors are finding it more difficult to release the uncut version of A Serbian Film than they first thought judging by this interview here;

http://twitchfilm.com/interviews/2011/0 ... n-film.php

Australia are having to cut it slightly more than the UK too - so if you do want an original copy of this film rather than the illegal download, you may as well get the UK version...
It's horrible... I love it... What is it?
Axe
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Axe »

I heard they passed it uncut in Sweden recently, Rawshark, although there are no English subs for the DVD.

I'm surprised they are having such a tough time releasing the uncut Serbian Film in the States considering the type of material that is available there in stores. The BBFC state that the uncut version would very unlikely be in breach of child protections laws and the cuts were purely down to their guidelines. I see no reason why there should be legal problems over there.
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

Shameless have heard from the BBFC this very day and the long edition of Cannibal Holocaust (i.e. not the new edit from Deodato) has been passed with just 15 seconds of cuts* from the BBFC to the aforementioned muskrat scene!

Rather than just cutting the scene, Shameless have kept the audio and simply replaced the visual footage with alternative shots so the running time is as originally submitted. This will make the cut "seamless" as opposed to jarring jump-cut.

Although expected after the BBFC's earlier advice to Shameless, this is a real milestone for UK film classification and Cannibal Holocaust and is being celebrated up in Shameless Towers!

Watch this space for more Cannibal Holocaust news in the coming weeks, including what the BBFC has to say on Deodato's new edit!

*While the original BBFC advice stated 14 seconds of cuts, this was only a rough estimate and was not calculated frame-to-frame. 15 seconds is the correct timeframe.
http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/canniba ... on-18.html
Axe
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Axe »

Cuts to MORE waived...

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/BVF045316/

41 years after the cuts were originally made
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

Thanks, Axe - hopefully BFI will make this a Blu-Ray as good as their La Vallee release, as I like More even better (plus it uses more Pink Floyd in the soundtrack)

So after last nights Gilmour/Mason appearence at The Wall show, this was more good news to wake to!
daveroughcut
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by daveroughcut »

According to Fango BBFC have some issues with Human Centipede 2 before it makes it's UK premier? Shades of last years FF?
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

Maybe a suprise film is in order? Keep it off the BBFC hit list. All films shown at FF should be full versions and uncut! :D
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey
daveroughcut
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by daveroughcut »

zappa fan wrote:Maybe a suprise film is in order? Keep it off the BBFC hit list. All films shown at FF should be full versions and uncut! :D
Green Lantern keep up the Ryan Reynolds connection
DoctorKaren
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by DoctorKaren »

rawshark wrote:There were no substitute shots inserted. .
I'm now really intrigued. I was at Cine-Excess (cult film festival and conference) a week or so ago and we had a lot of people giving papers on A Serbian Film. Bearing in mind the presenters are academics who supposedly know how to research, this is not what was said then. Did anyone approach you directly to ask about this issue? I'm not asking for names obviuously, just if anyone did. I'm just wondering as these instances could influence future discussions of censorship as films obvviously go through different hands before reaching the public audiences.
Forum moderator, university Film Studies lecturer and movie journalist for mags including Little White Lies, Scream, Fangoria and the FrightFest eMagazine. I'm the one shaking and screaming at every screening.
rawshark
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by rawshark »

We did replace some frames in the quick montage with black frames. These were instances where the BBFC requested 2 or 3 frames be removed, so rather than mess up the flow of the audio in this section, we merely replaced the shot with a black frame.

The BBFC technically count this as a substitute shot and was mentioned in their press release. So, yes, the academics are probably ok to say this, but I meant it from the point of view that there were no substitute shots in terms of new or different footage.
It's horrible... I love it... What is it?
DoctorKaren
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by DoctorKaren »

rawshark wrote:We did replace some frames in the quick montage with black frames. These were instances where the BBFC requested 2 or 3 frames be removed, so rather than mess up the flow of the audio in this section, we merely replaced the shot with a black frame.

The BBFC technically count this as a substitute shot and was mentioned in their press release. So, yes, the academics are probably ok to say this, but I meant it from the point of view that there were no substitute shots in terms of new or different footage.
Brill - thanks for the additional information.