films we just saw

Chat here about anything horror related. Be it movies, news, remakes or events.
Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Re: films we just saw

Post by Kris »

My latest film thoughts are found on www.howdoufeelaboutthat.blogspot.com
Horror fan and avid tea drinker, to discuss the merits of all of the Friday the 13th movies over a nice cup of Assam. Contributor to http://www.realreelscares.com
Mr Bill
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Mr Bill »

Just watched Middle Men and thoroughly enjoyed it, it's like the dark side of The Social Network.
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum
Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Kris »

Beginners, probably my favourite film this year by a mile :

http://howdoufeelaboutthat.blogspot.com ... inema.html

Horrible Bosses, enjoyable but doesn't keep the momentum :

http://howdoufeelaboutthat.blogspot.com ... inema.html
Horror fan and avid tea drinker, to discuss the merits of all of the Friday the 13th movies over a nice cup of Assam. Contributor to http://www.realreelscares.com
Catweazle
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Catweazle »

Nekromantik - now that brings back memories. The beloved and very much missed Scala showed a double bill of Nekro 1 and 2 many moons ago. The star of part 2, Monika M, was in attendance and after the screening I went up to her and asked if what we'd just seen was uncut (!). The look she gave me seemed to suggest: "Why, what more would you want to see you very sick puppy?" (I only meant that the running time was very short - honest guv LOL).

The other memory was at the 'Nothing Shocking film festival in Northampton when a bloke drove up to the carpark, opened up the boot and proceeded to sell pirate 'nasties'. Naturally I was suitably appalled by this and promptly bought Nekro 1 and 2 in the blink of an eye. Ah, happy days...
Axe
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Axe »

Psycho Holocaust

Dreadful rip off of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. So ineptly made that it almost defies belief.
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

Catweazle wrote:Nekromantik - now that brings back memories. The beloved and very much missed Scala showed a double bill of Nekro 1 and 2 many moons ago. The star of part 2, Monika M, was in attendance and after the screening I went up to her and asked if what we'd just seen was uncut (!). The look she gave me seemed to suggest: "Why, what more would you want to see you very sick puppy?" (I only meant that the running time was very short - honest guv LOL).

The other memory was at the 'Nothing Shocking film festival in Northampton when a bloke drove up to the carpark, opened up the boot and proceeded to sell pirate 'nasties'. Naturally I was suitably appalled by this and promptly bought Nekro 1 and 2 in the blink of an eye. Ah, happy days...
I was at the Scala when Nekromantik 2 and Nekromentary (aka Corpse ****ing Art) were shown, I won a raffle prize of a VHS of Nekromantik 1 signed by Buttgereit AND Monika M (even though she isn't in the first one). I don't remember Nekro 1 being shown that day but I know it was shown as the closing film at Shock Around The Clock 2 (I ducked out of it for some unknown reason - probably tiredness). I've only ever seen Nekro 1 on that VHS.

I was also at Nothing Shocking in Northampton! I think that's where I got a copy (of a copy of a copy) of Bullet In The Head, still probably my favourite John Woo movie. Shouldn't have, I know.....
http://streetrw.blogspot.com - For all your occasional film rambling needs.
http://twitter.com/streetrw - For when you really need to know what I had for breakfast.

AND NOW: SKYPE!
mamawaldi
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by mamawaldi »

Man, Exorcist 3 has one of THE great scare scenes of modern cinema. Really enjoyed seeing it again.
Meanbobs
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Meanbobs »

Watched Ti West's The Roost (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0387549/) today. It's an admirable attempt at a pastiche of the midnight movie, but he has obviously come a long way since his first feature. It failed to hold my attention, despite it's brief 70-odd minute duration. 2*/5 . I'm looking forward to the Innkeepers though, and only really wanted to watch The Roost for completion's sake.
Mr Bill
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Mr Bill »

Just watched Super, an awesome film that might suit people who found Kick-Ass too mainstream and glamorous or Defendor too whimsical and moralised. Super doesn't hold back

Animal Kingdom is pretty good too.

Also watched Suckerpunch which was so wrong on every conceivable level that it made me angry.
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum
Rue-morgue Jay
----
----

Post by Rue-morgue Jay »

Mr Bill wrote:Just watched Super, an awesome film that might suit people who found Kick-Ass too mainstream and glamorous or Defendor too whimsical and moralised. Super doesn't hold back

Animal Kingdom is pretty good too.

Also watched Suckerpunch which was so wrong on every conceivable level that it made me angry.

Saw SUPER in the empire a week or so back. It is certainly the ADULT to the kiddie-friendly that was kick-ass. Kevin bacon ruled, but Ellen page...God, she is awesome!

Why has it taken james gunn so long to bring stuff out?
daveroughcut
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

films we just saw

Post by daveroughcut »

Super kicks Kick-Ass ass!
Maniacal
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Maniacal »

daveroughcut wrote:Super kicks Kick-Ass ass!
Try saying that 10 times without stopping!

I watched The Goonies last night, timeless classic with added Octopus.

Twitter: _grimgringhost
Facebook: Maniacal2011
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

Goonies with added alien = Super 8!
plushroom
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by plushroom »

Watching Videodrome at the moment, will always have a soft spot for this film regardless of how much many of my friends think it sucks :D
Maniacal
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Maniacal »

Anything by Cronenberg doesn't suck, if someone says it does then they need to be kicked in the face by a Horse.

Just sayin'

Twitter: _grimgringhost
Facebook: Maniacal2011