A Horrible Way To Die

Pick at the bones of 2011's films
boxman1980
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

A Horrible Way To Die

Post by boxman1980 »

It started off really good waned in the middle a bit but then came good at the end. It just drove me mad with all the close up photography! What gives when directors do that as you can't tell what the hell is going on and becomes quite irritating. WIDE & MID SHOTS ARE ALLOWED YOU KNOW. Maybe if there is no drama in the script it is a way of manufacturing it by having everything in close up. Please inform me why they do it? The Tony Scott world of film direction. Glad I watched it though.6/10
"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it." Mark Twain
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Re: A Horrible Way To Die

Post by Alex J »

*** Spoilers ***

Sparse film about a serial killer who escpaes from custody, resulting in mayhem aplenty in this dark, gritty thriller. I found it gruelling, yet compelling, and very realistic. I loved the intensity and the twist ending, although I was unconvinced by some of the cinematography - but maybe the film wouldn't have made the same impact otherwise. 8 / 10
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.
jrp1349
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by jrp1349 »

One of the films i was looking forward to and found out it was sold out when i tried to get a ticket for it at 10.30am on the friday, but thankfully the empire staff informed me that come back 20 minutes before the film and there might be tickets, public tickets, available which there was, and which i want to thank them for.
Lived up to my expectations, excellent story, loved its non linear style and its combination of character study and horror throughout, reminded me of Red White and Blue. Yes there was one scene where the cameraman looked like he had a severe case of parkinsons disease, but that was only a minor setback to an otherwise superb and dark film.
Wolfshade
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Wolfshade »

Liked this, the bright lights and blurry visuals were a bit disorientating, but I thought the were effective - they kinda put you into the hazy, hungover and messed up world of the alcoholics in the film. It was a bit of a slow burner, and you had to be patient and stick with it, but if you gave it time, it was ultimately rewarding.
daveroughcut
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

A Horrible Way To Die

Post by daveroughcut »

Skipped that Emmerdale one to see this. I like the trippy visual style and disjointed time line that would have been a boring film told straight forward. Nice naturalistic performances and a bit of an indie oddity but well done in the end.
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

Absolutely hated it. Could not be doing with the atrocious camerawork.

http://streetrw.blogspot.com/2011/09/ho ... o-die.html
http://streetrw.blogspot.com - For all your occasional film rambling needs.
http://twitter.com/streetrw - For when you really need to know what I had for breakfast.

AND NOW: SKYPE!