London 2012 Accommodation

The rotting remains of 2012's festival
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Re: London 2012 Accommodation

Post by iomega »

Someone called the office today and said that they had booked at the backpackers hostel, just of Piccadilly for £12 a night.
Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Kris »

Travelstay is £227, pay a deposit of £28, rest on arrival.

It's a joke they have put up the prices so much when the place is nothing short of a sh*thole with dodgy showers and shared toilets.
Horror fan and avid tea drinker, to discuss the merits of all of the Friday the 13th movies over a nice cup of Assam. Contributor to http://www.realreelscares.com
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

iomega wrote:Someone called the office today and said that they had booked at the backpackers hostel, just of Piccadilly for £12 a night.
I once managed to stay in a hostel in London for £9 a night.

It was just the one night, in a room of 24 people.

The room smelt of feet.

They'd over booked, so I got a room with eight people for the same price.

Looking at the hostel prices just now and some of those are stupid.

It is dangerous but maybe a waiting game to see if prices do drop because people aren't so stupid as to pay stupid prices, are they?
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

Booked the HHH!!!
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey
Malky
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Malky »

Just booked the Z Hotel, Double ensuite room, with no window just 8 minutes walk from the Empire (according to google maps) for £78 per night. I better get a weekend pass :?
daveroughcut
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by daveroughcut »

Are the games not finished by then and it's before the Paralympic Games too. Robbing sods. Anyway I booked HHH because it's not that much dearer and I know who'll be there. If I don't see you at Glasgow I'll see you August.
daveroughcut
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by daveroughcut »

Kris wrote:Travelstay is £227, pay a deposit of £28, rest on arrival.

It's a joke they have put up the prices so much when the place is nothing short of a sh*thole with dodgy showers and shared toilets.
Kris on the Year Of Giallo Frightfest I stayed for one night at The Walrus. It was Dickensian. HHH looks like a frickin palace next to this place.
Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Kris »

Malky wrote:Just booked the Z Hotel, Double ensuite room, with no window just 8 minutes walk from the Empire (according to google maps) for £78 per night. I better get a weekend pass :?
£78 a night? Sweet baby Jesus
Horror fan and avid tea drinker, to discuss the merits of all of the Friday the 13th movies over a nice cup of Assam. Contributor to http://www.realreelscares.com
Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Kris »

daveroughcut wrote:
Kris wrote:Travelstay is £227, pay a deposit of £28, rest on arrival.

Kris on the Year Of Giallo Frightfest I stayed for one night at The Walrus. It was Dickensian. HHH looks like a frickin palace next to this place.
Thats the year I didn't go....

HHH serves a purpose but over the years FF has given it a good supply of trouble-free business. But to see such a mark up like this...

It is not as if it is some superb paradise in central London, the room is just a bed, sink and wardrobe. The only good point is a kitchen so I can make a brew or microwave a late night meal.
Malky
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Malky »

Kris wrote:
Malky wrote:Just booked the Z Hotel, Double ensuite room, with no window just 8 minutes walk from the Empire (according to google maps) for £78 per night. I better get a weekend pass :?
£78 a night? Sweet baby Jesus
It was the only place that met my criteria of in walking distance to the Empire, with no shared facillities that I could afford. Last year my first Londonf FF I stayed with friends, who I barely saw and I barely slept as transport to and from Shepherds Bush was about 45 min to an hour on the way in and up to 90 minutes on the way back, depending on bus times.

FF will be the highlight of my summer holiday which is 10 days in London The first 5 days will be spent on various couches of various friends :wink: to offset the Z Hotel. For FF I want to style in as much style as I can afford, as I well as a little sactuary of solitude.
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

When I first started going to FF me and the wife would stay in a hotel down the docklands. Which was nice cos you could get away from the whole busy London vibe. But it did mean we had to miss the last movie each night or get the dredded night bus!

Since 2007 I've been staying at HHH and have to say (touch wood) its been great. I've never had a bad nights sleep, thou they can be a bit short.
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by jonbly »

Just booked HHH.
spikysaiz
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by spikysaiz »

We booked Northurmberland House this year!!
http://www.lsevacations.co.uk/residence ... erland.htm
Stevey K
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Stevey K »

Just a word of warning to Malky who has booked Z Hotel - it's a nice hotel (just by the Palace Theatre) but the rooms are tiny and make sure you take earplugs with you as the soundproofing in the rooms is terrible - we stayed there recently and I didn't get much sleep :? :shock:
Malky
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Malky »

Stevey K wrote:Just a word of warning to Malky who has booked Z Hotel - it's a nice hotel (just by the Palace Theatre) but the rooms are tiny and make sure you take earplugs with you as the soundproofing in the rooms is terrible - we stayed there recently and I didn't get much sleep :? :shock:

Thanks man I will do.