Purchasing Tickets

The rotting remains of 2012's festival
Atari
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Re: Purchasing Tickets

Post by Atari »

DGB wrote:I am left with two - non-refundable - middle of the row tickets.

I imagine there will be plenty of people willing to exchange seats/tickets as I would think middle is better than aisle.
filmfan
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by filmfan »

domdunc wrote:Just tried for an hour with three different cards, all were declined. Haven't managed to get seats. :(

Tried calling but they just said to try again in half an hour...
I had the same with my card so I feel your pain - then I got a phone call from Natwest to say it had automatically been flagged with a fraud alert. Just because I ordered the Google Tablet and tried to purchase Frightfest tickets within the last 48 hours. I was not impressed!

he did sort it out and I was able to book tix but not great seats. I will be disappointed if better seats are released now I have purchased some but I know that's what happened last year. I do think that ticketing is one area that could do with improving as it's disheartening when you purchase weekend tickets to find people with day/individual film tickets get better seats.
AlessaDark
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Purchasing Tickets

Post by AlessaDark »

Phew! Tickets were obtained, we're directly behind where we sat last year, H instead of G :-D And day-pass friends in K.
**suzy**
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Purchasing Tickets

Post by **suzy** »

Was in the sleepy queue since 10pm last night so got my ticket this morning, hh43 and hh42. So glad to have my pass in my hand, it's all so real now lol
Suzy
xx

twitter - @suzy_bear_
ArghZombies
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by ArghZombies »

**suzy** wrote:Was in the sleepy queue since 10pm last night so got my ticket this morning, hh43 and hh42. So glad to have my pass in my hand, it's all so real now lol
So you'll be directly behind me, I think! GG42-44. You better be well behaved missy! ;-)
Twitter: @ArghZombies
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

DGB wrote:I'm glad that I have tickets, and am looking forward to a great selection of films.

But I think the customer service is utterly appalling, and frankly I've paid £320 for two terrible seats.

Because of health issues, my other half is more comfortable with an aisle seat. But due to the fact that I couldn't request a seat from the idiotic telephone staff (who insisted the system wouldn't be open for another hour) and that the online floorplan doesn't show all seats (only the blocks currently available) I am left with two - non-refundable - middle of the row tickets.

It's a lot of money to pay for something you're not happy with.
Late I know but the way I did it was to have another tab open booking another window in Screen 1 - this generally shows the full layout of all the seats - so you can work out which are the aisle and how many people you'll have to barge past to get to your seat.

Its the cinemas website, they can't do much because I suppose this is the only day they'll ever get a booking en masse.

I will state that I too will be feel let down if better tickets do become available - but you can't risk not buying when you have the chance, especially when you've got travel and accomdation sorted, under monetary penalty if you cancel.
Malky
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Malky »

My friend was in the sleepy queue and apparently got the last aisle seats at around 12. I say this not to rub it in but too say it looks like all aisle seats sold out before online and phone sales went live.
Rue-morgue Jay
----
----

Post by Rue-morgue Jay »

Isle seats went so fast this time. Litterally the guy infront of me who i was chatting to got the last one. I've never not had an isle seat since i've been going, but hey ho. I got a rather interesting seat this time. Litterally next to the disabled seats in the middle block. So can't complain too much.
Wulfster
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Wulfster »

Got to admit, that's why I roll up to the morning section of the sleepy Q.
Has to get me an aisle seat! My legs drop off otherwise, due to the double curse of long-legs and fat-gut.
AdeBrown
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by AdeBrown »

Like Jay (hi Jay!) we were there just as the weekend and day pass aisles sold out.

There are unsold aisle seats on the far left and right of the auditorium at the back of the circle.
We were told these are for single ticket sales, but the ones we got were better seats - more central.
So if your partner has health issues perhaps you could have a word with the cinema before they go on general sale?

Oh and after electronic problems last year were sorted by excellent folks at the cinema, I am still glad I was able to take up the personal approach of the sleepy queue. Great work sorting us out form the Ice Age 4 crowd !
My livejournal Frightfest reports from days gone by (2004 to 2011)
http://surprisetruck.livejournal.com/tag/frightfest
Wulfster
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Wulfster »

AdeBrown wrote:Oh and after electronic problems last year were sorted by excellent folks at the cinema, I am still glad I was able to take up the personal approach of the sleepy queue. Great work sorting us out form the Ice Age 4 crowd !
Loved the look on some of the kids faces (and their parents), when they thought we were the queue to Ice Age 4 !! :lol:
**suzy**
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by **suzy** »

ArghZombies wrote:
**suzy** wrote:Was in the sleepy queue since 10pm last night so got my ticket this morning, hh43 and hh42. So glad to have my pass in my hand, it's all so real now lol
So you'll be directly behind me, I think! GG42-44. You better be well behaved missy! ;-)
LMAO I'm not promising anything :lol:
Suzy
xx

twitter - @suzy_bear_
Wiltaim
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Wiltaim »

This time it was pain -free for me ,unlike previous years of panic & tech no troubles
Twitter: @Rowdoc
Letterboxd: Rowdoc
Entropia Universe : Rowdoc Rowdoc Donner
Lunny68
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Lunny68 »

HeadOnAStick wrote:The usual terror as the seat selected is snapped up by someone else a couple of times, but thankfully I now have my pass. N20.
Looks like we're neighbours!!
stshaw
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by stshaw »

Appalling experience yet again this year. Difficulties with booking on-line. Guy on the phone absolutely useless - computer says no because my credit card is associated with a German address and his software requires a U.K. Postcode. In the end I managed to buy day passes for each day on-line but it means I will be seat hopping and it cost me an extra £76.80. that's almost 50% more than the full pass and I guess I won't get a goody bag either! Not really the 'good value' bragged about in their e-mail.