Top 3 films people are mostly/least looking forward too

The rotting remains of 2012's festival
rawshark
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Re: Top 3 films people are mostly/least looking forward too

Post by rawshark »

stshaw wrote:Most looking forward to:

But I am most excited about the opportunity to see Sightseers next Wednesday in Hamburg (and V/H/S if I am feeling energetic enough).
Oh, and stshaw - Sightseers is brilliant. Dead-pan, low-key, high-end genius. It's a bit of a shame it won't be at FrightFest, but the LFF will premiere it in the UK later this year.
It's horrible... I love it... What is it?
Rue-morgue Jay
----
----

Post by Rue-morgue Jay »

I can't choose 3 to be honest, but the ones i will hope to see (barring any mishaps- ie- like last year when i over slept and missed all of troll hunter):

MAIN SCREEN:
The seasoning house
cockney's vs zombies
grabbers
maybe the argento film
hidden in the woods
REC3
euro crime
under the bed
tulpa
maniac
Sleep Tight
Berberian Sound Studio
Sinister
American Mary
After
Chained
The Possession

Discovery
Kill Zombie
Nightmare Factory

The one's i haven't put (mainly the last films are up in the air at the moment, as is nightbreed. not the biggest fan of it, i own it but am not in a hurry to see the cabal cut).
Rue-morgue Jay
----
----

Post by Rue-morgue Jay »

rawshark wrote:
stshaw wrote:Most looking forward to:

But I am most excited about the opportunity to see Sightseers next Wednesday in Hamburg (and V/H/S if I am feeling energetic enough).
Oh, and stshaw - Sightseers is brilliant. Dead-pan, low-key, high-end genius. It's a bit of a shame it won't be at FrightFest, but the LFF will premiere it in the UK later this year.

really? may have to try and grab a ticket for that screening. i always try to see one or two films a t the LFF. They have some good stuff on most years.
Wulfster
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Wulfster »

Looking forward to;
"Grabbers" (Nice "Tremors" vibe about this ...)
"REC3" (because it's REC3 ...)
"Cockneys Vs Zombies" (mainly because I think it's going to surprise people, also because on some other film forums there's been far too many vicious anti-Londoner comments, and too many smart-@rse who-could-tell-the-difference comments ... har-bleedin'-har)

Not really bothered with;
"Dead Sushi" (liked "Machine Girl", but can't be doing with this, need to skip at least one late-nighter)
"Tulpa" - Don't really have a good feeling about it...Guessing it's style over substance.
"Hidden in the woods" - Seen some dubious reviews of this

Can swing from love to hate;
"Sinister" - I loved the trailer and I hope I love the film. However, the synopsis makes me think that it might be yet another lead-character-loses-marbles-imagines-threats-and-hallucinates-putting-loved-ones-in-danger type flick. I'm getting bored with that storyline. I hope that it's not true or that cliche'.

BTW: People are still talking about an Argento film (and it's on the site program). I understood from the facebook page that the guys had announced that there will be an interview, but there will be NO screening of any Argento film for various reasons. Anybody else know different.
:?:
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

Wulfster wrote:BTW: People are still talking about an Argento film (and it's on the site program). I understood from the facebook page that the guys had announced that there will be an interview, but there will be NO screening of any Argento film for various reasons. Anybody else know different.
The Frightfest Twitter feed confirmed there would be no film, just a trailer reel, interview and book signing.
Wulfster
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Wulfster »

DJBenz wrote:
Wulfster wrote:BTW: People are still talking about an Argento film (and it's on the site program). I understood from the facebook page that the guys had announced that there will be an interview, but there will be NO screening of any Argento film for various reasons. Anybody else know different.
The Frightfest Twitter feed confirmed there would be no film, just a trailer reel, interview and book signing.
I thought that was still the case ...
Many thanks for the confirmation DJB.
The180Curse
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by The180Curse »

Top 3 for me:

V/H/S
The Possession
Sinister

Bottom 3:

Outpost 2
Grabbers
Elevator

Really also looking forward to: REC 3, Berberian Sound Studio, Chained
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by jonbly »

Least is pretty easy - things that aren't films wasting my time on the main screen. Eurocrime, interview and quiz. I'd rather give that time to the Glasgow re-runs.
Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Kris »

Hmmm, can't wait to see Rec 3, V/H/S and Posession.

Overall this year a very solid line up with a few i'm not bothered about that would allow me a lie in or siesta
Horror fan and avid tea drinker, to discuss the merits of all of the Friday the 13th movies over a nice cup of Assam. Contributor to http://www.realreelscares.com
morralex
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by morralex »

The more I think about it, I'm not looking forward to Tower Block and I'm annoyed about Errors of the human body being on at the same time as main screen films I want to see - wish it was on the same time as outpost 2.

Also, really really up for chained. Just started reading a review and stopped so its all a surprise. I'm trying to do the same thing with sleep tight and hidden in the woods.
domdunc
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by domdunc »

morralex wrote: I'm annoyed about Errors of the human body being on at the same time as main screen films I want to see - wish it was on the same time as outpost 2.
Agreed. This was one of my most anticipated but I'll probably have to miss it for now.