Post by Dom »

Without youtube evidence it didn't happen :wink:
anoy yin barsted
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Re: "I found it very unconvincing, will there be a re-cut?"

Post by anoy yin barsted »

Wolfshade wrote:
ArghZombies wrote:I felt bad for the director Paul Hyett when he got asked that question, but since hearing that it was him who was on his phone talking and texting all throughout Tulpa I now don't feel bad for him one iota. I'm not sure why an actual director of a film showing at that festival felt it was OK to be so disrespectful to the cast and crew of the film that was showing (not to mention the rest of the crowd) despite being told to get off his phone.

What a prick.
I heard that as well; when his film has been chosen to kick off the biggest horror fest in the UK, he really should show more fucking respect, so ungrateful and inconsiderate.

Anyway that question with the old beardy man was rather surreal, he just said "I was unconvinced. Can it be re-cut?", without mentioning exactly what he was unconvinced about or anything about the film...he came across as half rude obnoxious twat, and half strange creepy univited intruder from another planet.

I did like the way Paul Hyett in the next question went on about how he'd visit Balkan brothels, seen the hardships of the girls, heard tales about girls being murdered for no reason in from of others, etc, to invalidate Harold Shipman's "unconvincing" comment! :D ...the only unconvining part of the film was the idea a teeny tiny girl could repeatedly kill so many huge army thugs, but I didn't mind that as it added some humour to proceedings and stopped the film being totally grim.

As stupid questions go, this is the only time there's been any tension between audience member and director, since 2008 when that guy decided to put the director of Martyrs on the spot with his "Was that supposed to be an important film or just gory?" question. The only other tense Q&A I can think of was after Smash Cut and it was so shit no one wanted to ask any questions about it, and after a few minutes of silence someone nervously put there hand up and said "ummm....I liked the posters in the film".
“half strange creepy univited intruder from another planet” – genius.

Ok.

So.

Frightfest spend lots of time telling us to turn our phones off. They spend lots of money making shorts to tell us to turn our phones off. Everyone knows to turn their phones off.

Everyone except old Paul ‘big man’ Hyett.

Can’t we make an example of him next year? Who the hell does this guy think he is? What a big head. Frankly, he was lucky to have his film as an opener.

I am FURIOUS.
Fred Krueger! He's inside me, and he wants to take me again!
Marko
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Marko »

Dom wrote:Without youtube evidence it didn't happen :wink:
yeah cos we're all really well known for having our phones out in the cinema ready to record things.

Maybe they should think about having some funny horror themed adverts about turning your phones off or something?..
Dom
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Dom »

Marko wrote:
yeah cos we're all really well known for having our phones out in the cinema ready to record things.

Maybe they should think about having some funny horror themed adverts about turning your phones off or something?..
Okay, if you're going to be all serious about this......those Q & A clips appear online somehow.
foster twelvetrees
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by foster twelvetrees »

did anyone catch the name on the old guys badge?
I couldn't believe it, there he was standing at the back after his question of doom, wearing his homemade name badge, Dylan Thomas.

And I thought he was dead! :shock:
"Mister Twelvetrees, I beseach you..."
"You beseach yerself mate, I'm off!"
Marko
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Marko »

Dom wrote:
Marko wrote:

Okay, if you're going to be all serious about this......those Q & A clips appear online somehow.
Authorised camera men for the most part, dotted around the floor.

Even if people did end up filming with their phones this guy popped up as the second question after the first film like a ninja, no chance for anyone to capture it, dont think even the offical film guys were ready for him, he'll simply go down as another FF legend.
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

Wolfshade wrote:this is the only time there's been any tension between audience member and director, since 2008 when that guy decided to put the director of Martyrs on the spot with his "Was that supposed to be an important film or just gory?" question. The only other tense Q&A I can think of was after Smash Cut and it was so shit no one wanted to ask any questions about it, and after a few minutes of silence someone nervously put there hand up and said "ummm....I liked the posters in the film".

There was the uncomfortable Q&A with Uwe Boll as well after Seed.....
Thanks for the ride, sir.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
GeorgeCaplin
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by GeorgeCaplin »

maxmum wrote:
Wolfshade wrote:this is the only time there's been any tension between audience member and director, since 2008 when that guy decided to put the director of Martyrs on the spot with his "Was that supposed to be an important film or just gory?" question. The only other tense Q&A I can think of was after Smash Cut and it was so shit no one wanted to ask any questions about it, and after a few minutes of silence someone nervously put there hand up and said "ummm....I liked the posters in the film".

I remember Uwe Boll vs an audience member after Seed and Postal. That's the most tense/bemusing moment I've witnessed, as the gentleman refused to sit back down, he seemed very angry from having to watch the films.
Wolfshade
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Wolfshade »

GeorgeCaplin wrote:
maxmum wrote:

I remember Uwe Boll vs an audience member after Seed and Postal. That's the most tense/bemusing moment I've witnessed, as the gentleman refused to sit back down, he seemed very angry from having to watch the films.
I just saw a few films in 2007 rather than the whole thing so unfortunately I missed this.

I would normaly say heckling is wrong and if you don't have anything nice to say keep it to yourself....however if someone's just had to sit through Seed then they're perfectly within their rights to vent their anger and hatred!
anoy yin barsted
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

I remember Uwe Boll vs an audience member after Seed and Postal. That's the most tense/bemusing moment I've witnessed, as the gentleman refused to sit back down, he seemed very angry from having to watch the films.[/quote]

I just saw a few films in 2007 rather than the whole thing so unfortunately I missed this.

I would normaly say heckling is wrong and if you don't have anything nice to say keep it to yourself....however if someone's just had to sit through Seed then they're perfectly within their rights to vent their anger and hatred![/quote]

That's right. Goblins are evil creatures. They don't have to justify their actions.
Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Kris »

Personally I just thought the old guy was incredibly rude and disrespectful. I really detested Inbred last year but I vote with my wallet in so far as I won't buy it and if anyone asks me about it I will tell them how much I disliked it.

However I wouldn't show that level of disrespect to Mr Chandon just because I don't like his film.
Horror fan and avid tea drinker, to discuss the merits of all of the Friday the 13th movies over a nice cup of Assam. Contributor to http://www.realreelscares.com
anoy yin barsted
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Kris wrote:Personally I just thought the old guy was incredibly rude and disrespectful. I really detested Inbred last year but I vote with my wallet in so far as I won't buy it and if anyone asks me about it I will tell them how much I disliked it.

However I wouldn't show that level of disrespect to Mr Chandon just because I don't like his film.
I love Kris on the Firghfest boards. Always such a decent matey, level headed and speaks The Truth.