Halloween All Nighter

If FF13 wasn't enough, there was always the All Nighter
Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Re: Halloween All Nighter

Post by Kris »

I'm away for this one but hopefully FF will reach Manchester at some point.
Horror fan and avid tea drinker, to discuss the merits of all of the Friday the 13th movies over a nice cup of Assam. Contributor to http://www.realreelscares.com
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

Kris wrote:I'm away for this one but hopefully FF will reach Manchester at some point.
You could always try grimmfest.
Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Kris »

Done it, like the festival but don't like The Dancehouse as a venue, its not a cinema and is really uncomfortable for one film let alone watching them back to back. Plus the staff were arsey about me taking in a bottle of flavoured water yet other people walked in with their own booze.

That said it is a good chance to catch up or revisit past FF movies and I believe in supporting a local festival such as this and it is pretty decent value too.
Horror fan and avid tea drinker, to discuss the merits of all of the Friday the 13th movies over a nice cup of Assam. Contributor to http://www.realreelscares.com
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

Yeah I did Bristol too. Shame we didn't get all the extras like London.
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey
stshaw
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by stshaw »

Agreed, although we did get our own extra (the short films from the Encounter festival IIRC).
Bearded Avenger
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Bearded Avenger »

During the sleepy queue one of the FF boys let slip that The Tall Man should be showing at Halloween, they'd wanted it for August but for some reason it had to be pushed back. He then remembered himself and wouldn't divulge anymore details!

Dracula 3D better not be on, directors should know when to retire!

Bait 3D looks like it could be pants, but maybe fun pants.
bump3r1
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by bump3r1 »

I'm not trying to put the dampners on it bt the tall man is just awful on so many levels, its not even horror - which isn't an issue if the movie is good bt its not, well apart from Jessica biel looking fine as ever.

However if lords of Salem is playing I'm there :)
You think darkness is your ally but you have merely adopted the dark, i was born in it!!

Welcome to prime time, bitch!!

Craig Beecham - Facebook.
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

lupogirl
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by lupogirl »

Just got two questions to ask for the organizers.

The ticket price and what time does the tickets go on sale ? Got the day off on 1st October. Want to make sure I get there with the right dosh.
"We Who Walk Here Walk Alone"
bump3r1
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by bump3r1 »

Mama has only just popped up on my radar - if this plays i will be coming to London, not waiting a week for the Bristol one.
You think darkness is your ally but you have merely adopted the dark, i was born in it!!

Welcome to prime time, bitch!!

Craig Beecham - Facebook.
Reanimator
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Reanimator »

Line Up is out for London. Regional films still TBC:

The FrightFest Halloween All-nighter returns to the Vue in London’s Leicester Square on Saturday October 27 for another helping of choice shock around the clock horror. And this year horror fans around the country can join in the fearful fun as, on Saturday November 3, the event travels to the Picturehouse Cambridge, the GFT Glasgow, the Empires in Sunderland and Newcastle and The Watershed Bristol.

FILM NEWS: 5 UK premieres on show as Film4 FrightFest announces line-up for Halloween All-nighter on Sat Oct 27.

The FrightFest Halloween All-nighter returns to the Vue in London’s Leicester Square on Saturday October 27 for another helping of choice shock around the clock horror. And this year horror fans around the country can join in the fearful fun as, on Saturday November 3, the event travels to the Picturehouse Cambridge, the GFT Glasgow, the Empires in Sunderland and Newcastle and The Watershed Bristol.

London line-up:

6.30pm EXCISION (UK Premiere)
Alienated and mentally unhinged teen Pauline struggles with the pressures of high school, pleasing her demanding mother and loosing her virginity. With a grotesque curiosity for the darker side of life, Pauline retreats into her fantasy world of becoming a great surgeon. Be prepared for a central performance by Annalynne McCord that will move, challenge and ultimately creep you out.

81 mins Director: Richard Bates USA 2012 Cast: Annalynne McCord – Pauline, Traci Lords – Phyllis, Roger Bart – Bob, John Waters – William, Marlee Matlin – Amber, Malcolm McDowell – Mr. Cooper

9.00pm SURPRISE FILM (UK Premiere)

11.45pm THE TALL MAN (UK Premiere)

Director Pascal Laugier’s follow-up to his classic MARTYRS is another sensational thriller of astonishing depth. In the depressed Canadian town of Cold Rock, children are disappearing, Witnesses say they have seen a Tall Man at the scenes of the crimes, When this ‘tall man’ kidnaps the son of Julia Denning (Jessica Biel), the town nurse, Julia finds herself at the centre of an unravelling legend.

99 mins Director: Pascal Laugier USA 2012 Cast: Jessica Biel – Julia Denning, Jodelle Ferland – Jenny, Stephen McHattie – Lt. Dodd, Eve Harlow – Christine, Jakob Davies – David

2.15am BAIT 3D (UK Premiere)
From CUT director Kimble Rendall comes a new dimension in deep sea terror as shoppers at an Australian underground Oceania supermarket are under attack by a crazed bandit. Suddenly, the unimaginable happens. A monster freak tsunami swallows up the town Now trapped, with rushing waves threatening to entomb them in a watery grave, the survivors discover they are not alone…

90 mins Director: Kimble Rendall Australia 2012 Cast: Xavier Samuel – Josh, Julian McMahon – Doyle, Phoebe Tomkin – Jaimie, Sharni Vinson – Tina, Cariba Heine – Heather

4.00am ZOMBIE FLESHEATERS - Retrospective Spotlight

To celebrate the launch of the restored version by Arrow Films (the DVD features a commentary by FrightFest’s Alan Jones), the Italian godfather of gore Lucio Fulci’s classic as you’ve never seen it before. It’s all here: the underwater shark vs. zombie face off, the splinter-in-the-eye sequence, the cannibalistic disembowelling and completely superfluous nudity. What more could anyone want?

89 mins Director Lucio Fulci Italy 1979 Cast: Richard Johnson – Dr. David Menard, Ian McCulloch – Peter West, Tisa Farrow – Anne Bowles, Al Cliver – Brian Hull, Olga Karlatos – Paola Menard

5.45am THE HELPERS (UK Premiere)

Seven friends on a road trip to Las Vegas break down in the desert. They find help at a nearby Motel and it seems like they’ve lucked out with a group of good Samaritans. Yet when they wake in their rooms the next day, they are bound up, tied down and posed in several different weird scenarios. Each ending only one way – painful, gruesome death. Who is responsible for such fiendishly clever bloody terror?

82 mins Director: Christopher B. Stokes USA 2012 Cast: Kristen Quintrall – Claire, Christopher Jones – Ryan, JoJo Wright – Phil, Black Thomas – Jordan, Rachel Sterling – Anna

Tickets for the London event cost £50 and go on sale on Monday Ist October. To book call 08712 240 240 or go online http://www.myvue.com/latest-movies/info ... ll-nighter Tickets can also be bought at the cinema

For details of regional screenings please visit www.frightfest.co.uk Note that the regional venues will not be playing all of the titles screening at the London event so please check local listings
Critter Egg
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Critter Egg »

So the farce begins again - nothing on the website, nothing on the automated phone line and a customer service woman who keeps asking if I'm sure it's at Vue :(
"What's that you've got on your feet there?""Good Guy PJ Sneakers!"
FranksWildYears
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by FranksWildYears »

Me too. Am panicking a bit now, because I'm on holiday and can't sit at the computer for that long. I've even tried ringing the 'ticket line' too from my UK mobile in Manhattan, which ought to please O2 if nobody else.
mike108
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by mike108 »

has anyone been able to find them yet?