Newbies!

Have your say on what you would like to see new, changed or just kept the same at the next FrightFest.
surroundedplebs
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Re: Newbies!

Post by surroundedplebs »

First timer here. Going down on my lonesome Thursday-Sunday but have to catch the train home early on Monday as I couldn't get that off work. Still, my excitement is gaining momentum with each day that passes. I've already spoken to a few of you on the board and seems like a pretty welcoming crowd. Not really sure what to expect (except from some great films), but I will try to be as sociable as possible. Always happy to talk film over a beer or whisky.
Image - Image
jeneralrobin
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by jeneralrobin »

Another newbie for 2012 here! The boyfriend and I could unfortunately not get a weekend pass, so are coming for the Saturday. Hugely excited but as others have said, not sure what to expect apart from watching some top films! Tickets, train and hotel all booked so see you there! :D

Jen x
ArghZombies
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by ArghZombies »

jeneralrobin wrote:Another newbie for 2012 here! The boyfriend and I could unfortunately not get a weekend pass, so are coming for the Saturday. Hugely excited but as others have said, not sure what to expect apart from watching some top films! Tickets, train and hotel all booked so see you there! :D

Jen x
If you're only there for the one day and night then make sure you pop along to the Phoenix bar at the end of the night, it'll be a good wind-down to the day and loads of FFers (including crew and guests) head there each evening for a few jars.
Twitter: @ArghZombies
Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Kris »

It's not a bad crowd at FF, always found plenty of people to talk to and so many of them on their own. Theres plenty of people I know that love horror but cant always get time off to go or afford tickets and hotels hence why it ends up being just me.
Horror fan and avid tea drinker, to discuss the merits of all of the Friday the 13th movies over a nice cup of Assam. Contributor to http://www.realreelscares.com
bump3r1
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by bump3r1 »

@surroundeplebs - I think you should seriously consider pulling a sicky on the Monday because the line-up is easily the best of the weekend (apart from VHS on the friday) and the last day is always awesome, u won't want to leave especially as its your first FF.

Don't be nervous about going alone, its a super friendly atmosphere and you'll have plenty to keep you occupied.

And yeah a trip to the Phoenix is a must to get the full FF experience.
You think darkness is your ally but you have merely adopted the dark, i was born in it!!

Welcome to prime time, bitch!!

Craig Beecham - Facebook.
surroundedplebs
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by surroundedplebs »

bump3r1 wrote:@surroundeplebs - I think you should seriously consider pulling a sicky on the Monday because the line-up is easily the best of the weekend (apart from VHS on the friday) and the last day is always awesome, u won't want to leave especially as its your first FF.

Don't be nervous about going alone, its a super friendly atmosphere and you'll have plenty to keep you occupied.

And yeah a trip to the Phoenix is a must to get the full FF experience.
Believe me, I've tried everything I can, but I'm pushing it as it is. Being a waiter, any bank holiday is basically a no go when it comes to getting time off authorised as we're always mega busy and struggling for staffing. I managed to wangle the weekend off, but I just couldn't get the Monday too. I could pull a sicky, but I think it'd be pretty clear what I was up to and I can't really afford to lose my job right now. It sucks for sure, but I'm just happy I'm gonna be there at all and will certainly plan more in advanced next year.
Image - Image
jeneralrobin
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by jeneralrobin »

If you're only there for the one day and night then make sure you pop along to the Phoenix bar at the end of the night, it'll be a good wind-down to the day and loads of FFers (including crew and guests) head there each evening for a few jars.[/quote]

Thanks for that ArghZombies - we'll be there for sure! We're in London from the Friday afternoon and leave on Sunday, so thinking of buying single tickets for V/H/S... Not very good seats left but sod it! :D

Hurry up 24/8/12!!
thatcambridgebird
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by thatcambridgebird »

Oh go on then, I'll say a hello! :D

I'm not a brand new newbie, because me and my other half went to last year's FF but only to one film (The Innkeepers). This year, we're there all of tomorrow and Sunday :mrgreen: I'd been hankering to come for years, but it has always clashed with music festivals we went to. Anyway, as we got older and a bit more grumpy, and the festivals filled up with teens ( :lol: :wink: ) we decided to give the long-awaited FF a go instead, and last year was fantastic, even though it was only a short visit.

Anyway, I think we might be sitting in row N - I booked over the phone and didn't write down our seats, which was pretty unitelligent. We're both huge horror/thriller film fans, currently living in Cambridge (though neither of us are from there!), with three cats (I'm not sure if they like horror films).

Fave film in general, not just horror, would have to be Alien. I know it's an old classic, but it just can't be beaten. Other half would say The Shining I think. Both of us love Don't Look Now, most of Cronenberg's back catalogue, The Thing, The Haunting and so on. I love Ringu, and for a bit of 80's gore, Hellraiser and Candyman can't be beaten either!

I am so looking forward to getting there tomorrow and saying hello to fellow horror afficionados. I can't tell you how lovely it was last year to be in a screening where everyone was there to enjoy themselves as a collective group, and Ty West's Q&A was a fantastic addition we weren't expecting which completely sealed the deal for FF being the Bank Holiday place to be.

See you all soon! :mrgreen:
DemonChickxx
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by DemonChickxx »

I'm a Newbie!!

I am a big old style horror fan, although I do like some of the new ones. We have a horror night every weekend at my friend's place, so don't ask me to name names of movies I watch so many!! I own my own business and love ghost hunting x

Nice to meet everyone by the way!
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

DemonChickxx wrote:I'm a Newbie!!

I am a big old style horror fan, although I do like some of the new ones. We have a horror night every weekend at my friend's place, so don't ask me to name names of movies I watch so many!! I own my own business and love ghost hunting x

Nice to meet everyone by the way!
Hello and welcome to the forum. :)

You've probably joined up at just the wrong time, as it tends to get quieter after Frightfest takes place in August, but keep checking back and posting and you never know, you might keep the place alive. :D
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

Welcome! DemonChickxx
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey
DemonChickxx
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by DemonChickxx »

Thanks Guys....I don't mind a slower pace sometimes to be honest x
elmstttam
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by elmstttam »

How'z it hangin folks.Attended my first Frightfest in Glasgow this year and i loved it.Changed my holidays and booked a room for 6 nights so i hope i get a pass.Hope to meet some FB friends who are attending and meet new ones.See you end of August. 8)
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

Welcome to the fold! :P
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

hello elmstttam

What was your highlight of the glasgow fest?
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey