Ticket Paranoia

London Frightfest 2013 has been and gone, this forum is available to post film reviews, chat, etc. from the festival.
bump3r1
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Ticket Paranoia

Post by bump3r1 »

Due to not being able to book HHH through travelstay this year and not being able to pay a deposit until you arrive, i'm slightly worried about laying out over £350.00 for accomodation without first knowing if i can get 2 full weekend passes, especially given how fast they sold out last year. I live in Wales so not sure i can make the sleepy queue. Guess i'm kinda just clutching at straws but is the vibe that it will be more popular again this year or maybe abit less popular as its not a monumental year like frightfest the 13th was, does anyone think HHH will have any rooms left after the date tickets go on sale?

Don't want to miss out, this will be my 5th year on the bounce.

Any advice would be very welcome.
You think darkness is your ally but you have merely adopted the dark, i was born in it!!

Welcome to prime time, bitch!!

Craig Beecham - Facebook.
Atari
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Re: Ticket Paranoia

Post by Atari »

Fairly sure they said on twitter that there would be more 5 day festival passes on sale this year. Hope that helps.
Charlie
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Charlie »

I had a similar problem a couple of years ago; booked a hotel for the five days and then on the day the tickets went on sale everything went wrong and I missed out on a weekend pass. In the end I got a day ticket for the Saturday and a whole bunch of singles for the films I really wanted to see on the other days. I think it worked out to be slightly cheaper than the weekend pass. It turned out to be a great weekend - one of the best so far. There is so much other stuff going on in London over the bank holiday weekend. That said, I'd always choose to get a weekend pass if possible, but it's not a complete write-off if you don't :D

As far as tickets go... I think that's going to be a hard one to predict: Hopefully Empire’s online buying system will be a bit more efficient than in previous years, and I'm sure I read that next year (this year) they were going to make more weekend passes available. Also people have less money right now and it's not a cheap weekend.

I think going ahead and booking the hotel is a reasonable risk to take.
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

They've still got rooms; I used this link:

http://www.lsevacations.co.uk/residence ... olborn.htm
http://streetrw.blogspot.com - For all your occasional film rambling needs.
http://twitter.com/streetrw - For when you really need to know what I had for breakfast.

AND NOW: SKYPE!
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

Another thing to bear in mind is that there's almost always weekend passes up for sale from private individuals whose plans change and they can't go. I know it's not something to base your plans on if you miss out on getting a pass (and it doesn't help with seating if you want to be near friends), but I've never seen a year yet where there wasn't someone trying to shift their weekend pass because they couldn't attend.

The FF team has said there will be more weekend passes on sale this year than ever before. Whether that's tens more or hundreds more I don't know, but it certainly seems like they're responding to demand. :)
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

Just so everyone knows, Sleepy Queue Day this year will be Saturday, 29 June. Tickets will go on sale at 11 AM as usual to FrightFesters in the queue and at 12 noon for online and telephone bookings. We still haven't settled on the cost of tickets. We are trying our best to keep the costs in line with last year, however this will depend on the level of sponsorship that we get.

We very are keen to increase the amount of passes available, however when we increase availability, it reduces the number of people who attend the event. That seat would be occupied by one person all weekend, if its a day pass five people would use and if its an individual ticket there is the potential for up to 30. It's a bit of swings and roundabouts. We are looking at adding additional screens to the event, but we need to work around the other films that will be on at the Empire at the time of FrightFest.

So, no need to panic, we will try and make the maximum amount of tickets available, so everyone who wants one can get one
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

Now we only have to hope that the Empire webiste is up to scratch and at least reserves tickets for at least the length of time required to buy and confirm payment.
Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Kris »

More screens? I like it! Give us a clue please

Regards the hotel question - book it as you should be able to cancel and get a refund should you not get a pass sorted. I'd sort out the hotel now then you know thats taken care of then worry about getting your pass. In all the years I have been I have never had a problem with going yet tho I do tend to go in person on the Sat morning
Horror fan and avid tea drinker, to discuss the merits of all of the Friday the 13th movies over a nice cup of Assam. Contributor to http://www.realreelscares.com