sleepy queue

London Frightfest 2013 has been and gone, this forum is available to post film reviews, chat, etc. from the festival.
bounce08
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: sleepy queue

Post by bounce08 »

Never done the sleepy queue before but The Conjuring is tempting me. What time should I turn up in the line in order to be able to see it after getting my pass? Will there only be one showing? Dont want to miss out on my pass or The Conjuring!
**suzy**
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by **suzy** »

bounce08 wrote:Never done the sleepy queue before but The Conjuring is tempting me. What time should I turn up in the line in order to be able to see it after getting my pass? Will there only be one showing? Dont want to miss out on my pass or The Conjuring!
Some people were there from 8am on the Friday last year. My best mate and I will be there from Friday afternoon. The line went all the way round China Town last year so if you want to ensure getting your pass and getting to see the film, get there are early as possible. There will be only one showing of the film. We had loads of fun last year sitting in Leicester Square at night, I'm seriously excited.
Suzy
xx

twitter - @suzy_bear_
bounce08
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by bounce08 »

**suzy** wrote:
bounce08 wrote:Never done the sleepy queue before but The Conjuring is tempting me. What time should I turn up in the line in order to be able to see it after getting my pass? Will there only be one showing? Dont want to miss out on my pass or The Conjuring!
Some people were there from 8am on the Friday last year. My best mate and I will be there from Friday afternoon. The line went all the way round China Town last year so if you want to ensure getting your pass and getting to see the film, get there are early as possible. There will be only one showing of the film. We had loads of fun last year sitting in Leicester Square at night, I'm seriously excited.
That's some serious dedication! I'm going to be there 3am-ish......what time did the sleepy queue film start last year? Hoping being there from 3am will result in a pass AND a seat at the Prince Charles...but finishing work at 11pm the night before doesnt help!
**suzy**
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by **suzy** »

bounce08 wrote:
**suzy** wrote:
That's some serious dedication! I'm going to be there 3am-ish......what time did the sleepy queue film start last year? Hoping being there from 3am will result in a pass AND a seat at the Prince Charles...but finishing work at 11pm the night before doesnt help!
I think the film was on about 12 and the doors opened about 10:30. I was extremely excited so some of it was a blur lol. 3am should ensure a good place in the queue so you can get your pass and see the film.
Suzy
xx

twitter - @suzy_bear_
AlessaDark
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by AlessaDark »

I usually book online, but my husband is thinking of going to the SF all-nighter with friends at the PCC that night, so I'm now considering being brave and queuing while he does that, to get tickets for us and a friend. Is the free screening just for those who actually queued or for those who got tickets? It would be a shame if it was only me who could see The Conjuring, if so I'd probably not bother and head home with everyone else instead.
**suzy**
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by **suzy** »

AlessaDark wrote:I usually book online, but my husband is thinking of going to the SF all-nighter with friends at the PCC that night, so I'm now considering being brave and queuing while he does that, to get tickets for us and a friend. Is the free screening just for those who actually queued or for those who got tickets? It would be a shame if it was only me who could see The Conjuring, if so I'd probably not bother and head home with everyone else instead.
It's for anyone who has brought a pass so your husband could go to the free film with you. We used to buy our passes online but we nearly missed out due to the site freezing so last year we decided to just go for the sleepy queue.
Suzy
xx

twitter - @suzy_bear_
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

Can I make it clear who is eligible for a ticket to see The Conjuring and who is not.

As in past years the films that we put on are a thank you for the people who make an effort to come down to the cinema to buy tickets in person. People are busy these days and we understand that sometimes they need to buy more than one ticket for friends and partners etc who can't get along or book online and this is absolutely fine, but we want as many people as possible to see the free film, so this is how it will work.

If you are buying a ticket just for yourself you can have one ticket to see the film. If you are buying more than one, each person who is actually buying the tickets is entitled to a maximum of two tickets to see The Conjuring. We would appreciate it, so as many people as possible can see the film, that you don't ask if you are buying multiple tickets for more tickets than you actually need, just because you can. We try to be as fair as we can with these things, so we ask you to be responsible and not take the piss.

Ian
steve806
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by steve806 »

Hi All

Having been to every single Frightfest but having never been part of the sleepy queue I was considering going down this year (always bought my tickets online). I cant actually get there until approx 10.30 and wondered am I still likely to get a ticket given how far back in the queue I am likely to be?

Any feedback welcomed.
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

Everyone who has turned up for the sleepy queue has always got a ticket.

Ian
**suzy**
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by **suzy** »

steve806 wrote:Hi All

Having been to every single Frightfest but having never been part of the sleepy queue I was considering going down this year (always bought my tickets online). I cant actually get there until approx 10.30 and wondered am I still likely to get a ticket given how far back in the queue I am likely to be?

Any feedback welcomed.
You should have time, it doesn't take long to get your ticket so if the queue is moving quickly. The free film doesn't start straight after the doors open, I can't remember what time it started last year lol.
Suzy
xx

twitter - @suzy_bear_
Wulfster
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Wulfster »

Been a late part of the sleepy queue ever since 2005. I usually get there between 6-7am. Over the years though, arriving at this time has meant that I've got further and further from the front of the queue, although I've still always got a decent seat. Has to be aisle (I am cursed to be lanky AND fat, a hellish combination!). Has to be near the front.
This year, I've made arrangements to be there at about 4am or just after, and I'm anticipating the queue to be bigger than ever.
Looking forward to the annual ritual and seeing "The Conjuring"!
As I am queuing alone (as always :cry: ) I will be relying on the kindness of strangers to protect my spot. I've been for 4-5 hours without a bog-break, pretty certain I can't make in excess of 6! :shock:

One query;
I know that for the last couple of years, the queue starts outside the Odeon West End and is moved to the Empire at 6am. As I've always started queuing after 6, I've always missed that. Is that happening again this year?
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

I believe that is going to be the plan again this year. Really in the end it's up to those hardy souls who camp out all night. I have been told that they feel more secure queueing up down at the bottom end of the square where the footfall is less than outside the Empire. I always make a point of letting the local police station know that everyone will be there and they generally go out of their way to check on them throughout the night. To be frank, I'm not 100% sure when the transfer from outside the Odeon up to the Empire. If I was you I would take a wander if you're turning up as early as you say you are going to go into the Odeon first. If they're not there you know where they will be.

I cannot say this enough, Greg, Alan, Paul and myself are continually amazed at the effort that people attending FightFest go to to get tickets. More than a hand full travel long distances to London to make sure that they get them. We could not do what we do if all you amazing FightFesters did not turn up at our events. This is our 14th year, and I know this sounds like marketing bollocks, but we are completely focused on making the FightFest experience the unique thing that it is. We haven't forgotten where we came from. In the end we are like you. We are fans and still strive to put on an event that the four of us would like to go to.

Just a little bit of advance warning, if I was you I would keep an eye on your email inbox on Friday. There might be some interesting FrightFest information in it, if you subscribe to our newsletter some time during the day.

Ian.
**suzy**
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by **suzy** »

Wulfster wrote: One query;
I know that for the last couple of years, the queue starts outside the Odeon West End and is moved to the Empire at 6am. As I've always started queuing after 6, I've always missed that. Is that happening again this year?
I think it is the same as last year, there's not so many people over the Odeon side on the square and then we move over to the empire side between the club closing times and the tube opening times.
Suzy
xx

twitter - @suzy_bear_
Wulfster
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Wulfster »

iomega wrote:I believe that is going to be the plan again this year. Really in the end it's up to those hardy souls who camp out all night. I have been told that they feel more secure queueing up down at the bottom end of the square where the footfall is less than outside the Empire. I always make a point of letting the local police station know that everyone will be there and they generally go out of their way to check on them throughout the night. To be frank, I'm not 100% sure when the transfer from outside the Odeon up to the Empire. If I was you I would take a wander if you're turning up as early as you say you are going to go into the Odeon first. If they're not there you know where they will be.

I cannot say this enough, Greg, Alan, Paul and myself are continually amazed at the effort that people attending FightFest go to to get tickets. More than a hand full travel long distances to London to make sure that they get them. We could not do what we do if all you amazing FightFesters did not turn up at our events. This is our 14th year, and I know this sounds like marketing bollocks, but we are completely focused on making the FightFest experience the unique thing that it is. We haven't forgotten where we came from. In the end we are like you. We are fans and still strive to put on an event that the four of us would like to go to.

Just a little bit of advance warning, if I was you I would keep an eye on your email inbox on Friday. There might be some interesting FrightFest information in it, if you subscribe to our newsletter some time during the day.

Ian.
Thanks for that Ian.
It's a great community to be part of, and we all appreciate how much effort you guys put into it.

BTW, "Fightfest"?!! Is there something you're not telling us?!
"The first rule of "Fightfest" is..." :lol:
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

Roll on!!
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey