Films for Frightfest August 2013

London Frightfest 2013 has been and gone, this forum is available to post film reviews, chat, etc. from the festival.
DJBenz
-----
-----

Re: Films for Frightfest August 2013

Post by DJBenz »

morralex wrote:..I do realise that I included VHS2 in the good list, I hope this wont be pointless.
Only pointless in that it's almost guaranteed to be showing. :lol:
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

Bearded Avenger wrote:I can't see a film distro making false statements, it's not like they won't get caught out.
Don't bank on it. I had a press release from an indie filmmaker a few months ago that claimed their film was being premiered at FF in August. Asked Ian about it and he'd never heard of it. :|
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

I'm sure the lineup will be terrific and there'll be plenty for everyone. Personally I'd like a healthy dose of giallo and no found-footage: I loathe Found-Footage but I know other people like them. For me it's fantasy over reality, style over a deliberate absence of style. Films with panache. But really I still don't mind. And I haven't clicked on any of the trailer links or IMDB entries, so I don't know what most of the films so far discussed actually are!
http://streetrw.blogspot.com - For all your occasional film rambling needs.
http://twitter.com/streetrw - For when you really need to know what I had for breakfast.

AND NOW: SKYPE!
sdaveak47
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by sdaveak47 »

morralex wrote:..I do realise that I included VHS2 in the good list, I hope this wont be pointless.
Safe Haven alone makes it worth watching
bump3r1
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by bump3r1 »

I read on bloody disgusting that you're next is scheduled for a 23 Aug release date so surely this has to be the opening movie or atleast be shown on the thurs, I still think hatchet 3 has a good chance of opening the fest.
You think darkness is your ally but you have merely adopted the dark, i was born in it!!

Welcome to prime time, bitch!!

Craig Beecham - Facebook.
Bearded Avenger
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Bearded Avenger »

bump3r1 wrote:I read on bloody disgusting that you're next is scheduled for a 23 Aug release date so surely this has to be the opening movie or atleast be shown on the thurs, I still think hatchet 3 has a good chance of opening the fest.
23/08 was the original date stated on IMDb as well, but it now says 30/08. So hopefully it has moved and this is because it is getting its UK premier at Frightfest ;)
morralex
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by morralex »

Bearded Avenger wrote:
bump3r1 wrote:I read on bloody disgusting that you're next is scheduled for a 23 Aug release date so surely this has to be the opening movie or atleast be shown on the thurs, I still think hatchet 3 has a good chance of opening the fest.
23/08 was the original date stated on IMDb as well, but it now says 30/08. So hopefully it has moved and this is because it is getting its UK premier at Frightfest ;)
Surely ;)
morralex
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by morralex »

Even if You're Next is released on 23rd August then it could still be Thursday night film....?
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

morralex wrote:Even if You're Next is released on 23rd August then it could still be Thursday night film....?
It's definitely been changed to the 30th of August. The distributor has sent out email notifications of the change. :)
Malky
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Malky »

I may be woefully behind the times but what about John Dies at The End? I know it was on at the Glasgow Film Fest but other than that has it been released in the UK?
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

No, so it's possible, especially if they bring Don Coscarelli over.
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

The Dead 2: India to open.

Big Bad Wolves to close.

http://www.frightfest.co.uk/frightfestnewsp4.html
Rue-morgue Jay
----
----

Post by Rue-morgue Jay »

sherbetbizarre wrote:No, so it's possible, especially if they bring Don Coscarelli over.
That would be a BIG no on Don coming over as he is one of the big guests at the RUE MORGUE festival of fear which runs the same weekend as frightfest. Which is a total conflict for me. I love both and would happily do both, but frightfest comes first (and the fact there's a six hour time distance and alot less money involved travelling to frightfest than canada! :green: )
morralex
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by morralex »

Really happy about Big Bad Wolves, it sounds great. Not really taken with The Dead II at the moment but hopefully I'll be proved wrong.
bounce08
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by bounce08 »

Really not looking forward to The Dead 2 (hated the first - I think the zombie bar has been set too high by others) and will give it a miss.

Heard good things about Big Bad Wolves and I'm very intrigued so looking forward to that.

Must admit I'm slightly disappointed by the absence of a real 'festival seller' as the opening or closing film (no The Green Inferno, Insidious 2, VHS 2, You're Next etc)

But we shall see........very excited to see the full lineup.