Frightfest 2013 Ticket Information

London Frightfest 2013 has been and gone, this forum is available to post film reviews, chat, etc. from the festival.
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Re: Frightfest 2013 Ticket Information

Post by zappa fan »

I could do 31 films!

Yeah last year it was

Thur -3
Fri - 5 plus Dario
Sat - 6
Sun - 5 plus shorts/quiz
Mon - 5

= 24
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey
Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Kris »

£170 is a bargain for all the screens and films when you think my wife went to Glasto today and paid £205 for three days, what is better value?

No I don't like every film FF shows but she doesn't love every act thats on a stage there but there might be someone on some random stage at 2pm on Saturday that she sees and thinks wow, how good are they

And that is where my love of FF comes in, big movies come and go but the lesser known films (Sinister, Sleep Tight) are the ones that blow you away.

Roll on August
Horror fan and avid tea drinker, to discuss the merits of all of the Friday the 13th movies over a nice cup of Assam. Contributor to http://www.realreelscares.com
ArghZombies
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by ArghZombies »

Kris wrote:£170 is a bargain for all the screens and films when you think my wife went to Glasto today and paid £205 for three days, what is better value?

No I don't like every film FF shows but she doesn't love every act thats on a stage there but there might be someone on some random stage at 2pm on Saturday that she sees and thinks wow, how good are they

And that is where my love of FF comes in, big movies come and go but the lesser known films (Sinister, Sleep Tight) are the ones that blow you away.

Roll on August
Not only is it good value, but it's also guaranteed good weather at FrightFest! Certainly compared to Glasto.

However, I'd probably say the toilets are about the same for both festivals.
Twitter: @ArghZombies
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

ArghZombies wrote: Not only is it good value, but it's also guaranteed good weather at FrightFest! Certainly compared to Glasto.

However, I'd probably say the toilets are about the same for both festivals.
The Empire has AirForce hand dryers (stuff your Dyson airblades), this puts it over Glasto bogs anytime
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

ArghZombies wrote:However, I'd probably say the toilets are about the same for both festivals.
Try Burger King across the square and you'll appreciate the luxury of the Empire facilities. :lol:
pauluspink
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by pauluspink »

DJBenz wrote:
ArghZombies wrote:However, I'd probably say the toilets are about the same for both festivals.
Try Burger King across the square and you'll appreciate the luxury of the Empire facilities. :lol:
Haha that is so true.
I do Special Make-Up Effects & Prosthetics (SFX): Graphic Delusions: Facebook Page
Wulfster
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Wulfster »

The nearby KFC is even worse! :eek:
vealster
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by vealster »

Is there any confirmation on what time the screening of the Conjuring will be showing at tomorrow?
BabyJaneHudson
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by BabyJaneHudson »

Ahhhhh can't book individual tickets over the phone as Empire haven't put them on their booking system yet :o ... Im getting stressed.

I want to sit at the very back as I get a neck ache looking up in the seats allocated for festival passes so I don't get them anymore. Even when I bought festival passes, I used to go up to the back where no one else seemed to want to sit and there were always spaces. I can sit in an aisle seat, if I need to wee a lot I don't disturb anyone and I can sprawl - fantastic ! :green: The fact I can see everyone in the cinema makes me feel at one with the crowd a lot more than when they are mostly behind me and out of sight. FrightFest is so popular I think thats a bit risky now, so single tickets are the only way from now on.

Hurry up bloomin' booking people :evil: I wont relax till my tickets are sorted.
Last edited by BabyJaneHudson on Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BLANCHE: You wouldn't be able to do these awful things to me if I weren't still in this chair!

BABYJANE: BUT YOU ARE BLANCHE! YOU ARE IN THAT CHAIR!
BabyJaneHudson
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by BabyJaneHudson »

Just been told by the cinema that they have no idea when the individual tickets are coming on sale. Maybe Im getting confused but I thought that they were on sale on the 27th of July, I think I saw that in a previous FFest announcement, but on the website now they are supposed to be available from 11.00 am today 29th. The gentleman I spoke with also said that he did not know if they were available to buy in person at the cinema.

:(

If anyone has any info on this please share it so I can reduce my stress - thanks.
BLANCHE: You wouldn't be able to do these awful things to me if I weren't still in this chair!

BabyJaneHudson
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by BabyJaneHudson »

With regards to the toilets, I think the staff do a pretty good job keeping them clean with the amount of people traffic they have to deal with during the festival. As someone else said, go over to Burger King and see the true definition of grim toilets :s

Lost Highway
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Lost Highway »

I bought a day pass for the opening night, but was also hoping that individual tickets would be on sale by now, as it said they would be on the Frighfest site. Will be in town later this afternoon and if they haven't gone up online by then, I'll pop by the Empire to find out.

As to food, the fast food stuff in Leicester Sq is rank, but if you walk just 3 minutes the other way towards Soho, there are plenty of better options along Wardour St and Old Compton St. Most of the breaks between films are long enough to get something there instead. Just behind the Empire there also is Chinatown.
vealster
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by vealster »

Does anyone know the time that the Conjuring is showing today?
thatcambridgebird
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by thatcambridgebird »

Day passes for Saturday and Sunday achieved :green:

We'll be in M12-8 on the Saturday, and L16-12 on the Sunday - four guys and one girl, me :D

Do say hello if you're our seat neighbours! For three of our friends, it's their first weekender, and I can't wait for them to see what it's all about! :)
BabyJaneHudson
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by BabyJaneHudson »

Lost Highway wrote:I bought a day pass for the opening night, but was also hoping that individual tickets would be on sale by now, as it said they would be on the Frighfest site. Will be in town later this afternoon and if they haven't gone up online by then, I'll pop by the Empire to find out.

As to food, the fast food stuff in Leicester Sq is rank, but if you walk just 3 minutes the other way towards Soho, there are plenty of better options along Wardour St and Old Compton St. Most of the breaks between films are long enough to get something there instead. Just behind the Empire there also is Chinatown.

Im in Shepherds Bush so I don't live that far away from Leicester Square , but I can't handle the tube today, as I was tattooed for 8 hours yesterday and Im totally drained from the session, so if you manage to pop in and find out what's occuring, that would be great.

With regards to food, you can spend a small fortune over 5 days, so Im allowing myself a couple of china town visits with my son for meals between films as there are only 2 big enough gaps in our FFest schedule and Im also buying some red bean chinese cakes from the bakery there as they go down a treat with a brew, which I have while watching movies - not very rock and roll I know 8) . It is a ritual of mine.

If you want healthy stuff there is a Pret a Manger near by away from the square but its extortionate, so if you are watching the pennies its not a place to go too often. Burger King after your 3rd or 4th meal just feels wrong and Ive done that a few times at FrightFest - never again. Forget about the cinema food because it is DREADFUL and so expensive I don't know how they charge customers and keep a straight face.